DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Consider the life of these worms. Nothing to do, a wet, dark place, where everything is shit. Like living in Wales.

!0 years after I told you on TOS that hookworm was a useful low cost treatment* for MS News - Hookworm trial offers new hope to MS patients - University of Nottingham Now when you read the r

Sit in your upper intestine. Periodically take some blood and die in 12-36 months. Thats why you periodically need to top up. They can't reproduce inside you.  Their medical effect is to act as a

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, NewryH said:

I saw a programme before where someone deliberately gets a tapeworm.  No idea what they were doing it for  - but do remember they had to shit it out into a sieve type thing when whatever they were doing was done.  Not one to watch with your tagliatella carbonara.

IIRC it was to study the effect upon his intestine.

The human intestine evolved to deal with gut parasites; Irritable Bowel Syndrome is thought to be down to the absence of such parasites meaning that the intestinal defence mechanism, having nothing to do, starts attacking the intestine.

The study showed several beneficial after effects in the gut.

!0 years after I told you on TOS that hookworm was a useful low cost treatment* for MS

News - Hookworm trial offers new hope to MS patients - University of Nottingham

Now when you read the report bear in mind the dosage they used is akin to say half a paracetamol was moderately effective at treating a headache. Also the timespan IMO is too short. 

However encouraging news from the medical research sector. 

* the main reason the Pharmaceutical shills wouldn't go near this

We had a big discussion about hookworms over on TOS.

There was a chap - think he was a medic of some sort - who got prosecuted in the West, in the US IIRC, after he deliberately got infected with hookworms in West Africa by walking around the streets in bare feet and stepping in excrement.

There was a poster on TOS who, having asthma, decided to get himself infected. There was someone selling the hookworms online - think it might have been the above mentioned medic - but IIRC it was illegal to acquire them. The chap on the TOS said that he would report back about how he fared longterm. I never saw anything further on it.

I might have dreamt all of the above.

Just now, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

:) I take it you use a dose of 50.

D'you get the nasty skin rash at the entry point that he did?

Yes - coincidentally I got my winter top up yesterday. 50 larvae. 

Inoculation point on my upper arm. You can see the skin rash blotch below and to the left of the mole. A bit itchy but thats it. 

hookworm innoculation point.jpg

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

There was a chap - think he was a medic of some sort - who got prosecuted in the West, in the US IIRC, after he deliberately got infected with hookworms in West Africa by walking around the streets in bare feet and stepping in excrement.

There was a poster on TOS who, having asthma, decided to get himself infected. There was someone selling the hookworms online - think it might have been the above mentioned medic - but IIRC it was illegal to acquire them. The chap on the TOS said that he would report back about how he fared longterm. I never saw anything further on it.

Thats Jasper Lawrence. He isnt a Doc. He fled the USA because the FDA are cunts but they never prosecuted him. 

He now operates legally in the UK. Lives in Cornwall. NHS / NICE are happy for him to market Hookworm as a probiotic. 

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I certainly told people on TOS that I was using HW to treat MS and that was in 2011. 

Just now, Kurt Barlow said:

Thats Jasper Lawrence. He isnt a Doc. He fled the USA because the FDA are cunts but they never prosecuted him. 

He now operates legally in the UK. Lives in Cornwall. NHS / NICE are happy for him to market Hookworm as a probiotic. 

That's the chap. Thanks.

31 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

!0 years after I told you on TOS that hookworm was a useful low cost treatment* for MS

News - Hookworm trial offers new hope to MS patients - University of Nottingham

Now when you read the report bear in mind the dosage they used is akin to say half a paracetamol was moderately effective at treating a headache. Also the timespan IMO is too short. 

However encouraging news from the medical research sector. 

* the main reason the Pharmaceutical shills wouldn't go near this

Ah, it was you. MS not asthma.

4 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Inoculation point on my upper arm. You can see the skin rash blotch below and to the left of the mole. A bit itchy but thats it. 

:Sick1:

more seriously, are there any side effects?  What’s your wife’s view, considering that she is living with someone infested with tapeworms?  

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

:Sick1:

more seriously, are there any side effects?  What’s your wife’s view, considering that she is living with someone infested with tapeworms?  

They are not tapeworms. They are roundworms and very small and effectively non transmissible 

She is fine

Side effects limited to:

• Skin rash at the inoculation point for a week or so
  • mild cough for a day or two when the larvae transit from the lungs to the digestive system
  • A slight bit of gastric discomfort when they mature at 3 weeks

The above is nothing compared to the side effects of MS medication or indeed the effects of MS 

The American Paediatric Association recommend no treatment in children with asymptomatic hookworm - thats how dangerous they consider it. 

23 minutes ago, Conniption said:

how bored do you have to be? how needy for attention? how ill informed? and the most pertinent question: how much is he getting paid?

A number of people working in research in this field infected themselves in order to act as a controlled reservoir for the organism. 

Although there is no evidence that transmissible diseases spread through hookworm the reservoirs can then be tested for various bloodborne diseases before harvesting of eggs. This helps get research projects through the predictable nightmare of the ethics committee. 

The harvesting process is quite intricate and involves burying a turd in soil and placing a large pile of vermiculite on top. The larvae migrate to the top of the vermiculate as if it was a blade of grass .Stage two is a wash in distilled water, Stage 3 is a wash in water with a small Q of sulphuric acid. The larvae are then placed into a solution of saline for application alter. Application is on a plaster on the skin. 

48 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

So it's not some horror story of being infected.....  What do they do when inside you?