• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Van Lady

A thread to post your Jazz favourites

Gods favourite jazz song apparently (A walk to the peak).

https://www.tunefind.com/show/preacher/season-2/48949#songs

I have been to a few jazz clubs out in the Middle East (got to take entertainment where you can find it!) and I want to like it but ultimately I find the lack of structure annoying and I cant concentrate on the music as I am too busy thinking how talented the musicians are. Bit like watching Tom Hardy acting, I can never stop thinking how well he is acting rather than any kind of suspension of belief or absorption in the story he is acting out.

Edited by Fossildog

8 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Here's one from me. I never don't enjoy this Diana Krall cover of Temptation. Sleazy, sexy and smokey. Ace! As an aside didn't Elvis Costello do well in winning Diana.

Wouldn't consider myself a fan of jazz but that was bloody brilliant.  Thanks EE.

3 minutes ago, Charles Carter said:

One of the Greatest Voices ever:

Ella Fitzgerald is fabulous. One of my favourite jazz singers! It was looking at old time jazzers like Ella that got me into appreciating jazz.

4 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Ella Fitzgerald is fabulous. One of my favourite jazz singers! It was looking at old time jazzers like Ella that got me into appreciating jazz.

She is just a consummate singer. Effortless, note perfect swaying with the rhythm. One of the greatest.

8 minutes ago, Flirtygirty said:

Fabulous. Nat and a couple of other musicians sum up what's important in life!

Another favourite of mine by him is Smile. Can't find a YouTube clip to embed. I wonder what Nat would have thought about not being freely able to spread his message to people?

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Jaco's finest work to me were his Joni Mitchell tracks, e.g.:

Absolutely. From an incredible album. To me Joni is one of the greatest songwriters ever. She brought the best out of Jaco.