DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Tax return deadline extended

2 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Payment dealine has not though as i understand it 

Can not get through to arrange a payment plan. Call says we can’t help you at the moment and cuts me off. Can’t get into Gateway. Just going to pay it In instalments. 

5 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Can not get through to arrange a payment plan. Call says we can’t help you at the moment and cuts me off. Can’t get into Gateway. Just going to pay it In instalments. 

I was going to take that option, in the end i just ended up paying what they say I owe and writing note about how they are the scum of the earth. 

I've mentioned before I've never made a "payment on account" ever as a matter of principle. Why should they get my tax before I've even earned it. Cunts. 

I've now noticed the cunts have been charging me interest for these "late payments" since 2016 the utter cunts. Never noticed this before. 

Nothing on the years before that. Very strange. 

I would complain but I don't want to raise a red flag. It's not a huge amount but still annoying. Bout £40 a year. 

Cunts. 

51 minutes ago, ccc said:

I've mentioned before I've never made a "payment on account" ever as a matter of principle. Why should they get my tax before I've even earned it. Cunts. 

I've now noticed the cunts have been charging me interest for these "late payments" since 2016 the utter cunts. Never noticed this before. 

I would complain but I don't want to raise a red flag. It's not a huge amount but still annoying. Bout £40 a year. 

Cunts. 

But you have earned it (subject to how long your debtors take to pay - which for you I would assume would be pretty quick). 

Jan 31st you pay the balance of year ending 5th April 2020 and half of 2021 (essentially the 6 months to 5th October 2020). 

57 minutes ago, ccc said:

Cunts. 

Never complain to HMRC unless you've got a fair chance of getting a rather big payout.

3 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

But you have earned it (subject to how long your debtors take to pay - which for you I would assume would be pretty quick). 

Jan 31st you pay the balance of year ending 5th April 2020 and half of 2021 (essentially the 6 months to 5th October 2020). 

But it's an assumption. Until you officially declare it and submit it I think it's a piss take to demand tax. 

Just my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, ccc said:

But it's an assumption. Until you officially declare it and submit it I think it's a piss take to demand tax. 

Just my opinion. 

You can file a form to reduce your payment on account if you think you will earn less this year. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/self-assessment-claim-to-reduce-payments-on-account-sa303

Edited by The Generation Game
7 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Makes a change in attiftitude from a few years back.

In the week before the deadine I repeatedly rang my local tax office to make a query. They kept lifting the reciever and immediately putting it down again.

I complained to them later. Their excuse was 'the phone kept ringing'.

****s.

As anyone who works in customer enquiries will know, work would be considerably simpler if it wasn't for the customers.

10 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I hate it when they refer to you as a customer, real piss-boiler.

Ha! (I did it on purpose). 

I very much annoys me.  I don't want to be their customer -- it implies I can go elsewhere for the service offering (I can take my custom elsewhere).  Taxpayer would be more appropriate, although sometimes I think 'mug' would be most accurate of all.

1 minute ago, The Generation Game said:

You can file a form to reduce your payment on account if you think you will earn less this year. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/self-assessment-claim-to-reduce-payments-on-account-sa303

You don't need to though. You just tick a box on your annual return. 

It's only since 2016 they have charged for this though. Of course as per HMRC standards they didn't bother informing anyone of this. 

8 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Makes a change in attiftitude from a few years back.

In the week before the deadine I repeatedly rang my local tax office to make a query. They kept lifting the reciever and immediately putting it down again.

I complained to them later. Their excuse was 'the phone kept ringing'.

****s.

You can’t get that far now. It’s just an automated message saying they can’t take your call at this time, then it hangs up.