DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Surge Testing

spunko

Another new term for something rather sinister. I thought it wouldn't work but I've already heard from someone I know inside the postcode who is not leaving the house until they knock on her door....

I'm close to the ME15 postcode but not in it however it doesn't look like it's the entire postcode area anyway....

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/door-to-door-testing-after-south-african-cases-found-241728/

Does anyone know the legality of refusing to answer the door? Details are wishy washy at the moment but I suspect this will be extended to my postcode soon as the mystery mutant strain spreads further, so called.

Anyone know the legality of standing at the dining room window that looks out onto the street and sticking two fingers up to the tossers administering this?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2

Tell a lie she actually lives just outside the postcode area... WTF is she even doing waiting in the house when they're not even going to knock? I give up 

• Lol 1

Iamcynical
2 minutes ago, spunko said:

Tell a lie she actually lives just outside the postcode area... WTF is she even doing waiting in the house when they're not even going to knock? I give up 

Because she, like a lot of people, is a complete non thinking drone and needs to be told what to do at all times.  I wouldn't gaf, except these twats are taking us all down with them.  

• Agree 9

They've found 105 cases of SA variant in the UK.

But they can't identify the SA variant as readily as the Kent variant -- they need to do full genome sequencing to identify it.

I think they're sequencing few than 1:10 of the positive swab tests.  Therefore there's probably well over 1,000 actual cases, and if it is similar to normal Covid probably a few thousand more that are pre-symptomatic, asymptomatic or few symptoms (and can't be bothered to be tested).

It is already too late -- it is probably all over by now (in 'low numbers' all over, sure, but the increase in infections will come, and there's nothing can be done to stop it).

I'd say we'll see an impact on 'the vaccinated' in about a month to 6-weeks. 

Full sequence testing is a terrible method to use for mass testing at this scale.  It is a very useful tool to see how the disease is mutating using a small number of samples, but to use it as a diagnostic test for many thousands is doomed to cost gazillions without any real benefit -- there's nothing can be done about it. 

[Well, they'd stop the SA variant if they closed down everywhere that had it completely, but they can't do that, and it's gone everywhere anyway -- given its infectiousness and that it doesn't show for 10 days or so, if you see it in an area it is already too late.]

• Agree 5
  • Informative 4

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Does anyone know the legality of refusing to answer the door? Details are wishy washy at the moment but I suspect this will be extended to my postcode soon as the mystery mutant strain spreads further, so called.

Anyone know the legality of standing at the dining room window that looks out onto the street and sticking two fingers up to the tossers administering this?

See below. 

19 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

More in DM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9210159/Door-door-testing-South-African-variant-start-Surrey.html#article-9210159

Looks like "no" is still an option but doubt many would refuse

I urge everyone offered a test to take it up to help us to monitor the virus in our communities and to help suppress and control the spread of this variant.

#ILoveScience

Classic wording in the press briefing:

There is currently no evidence that this variant causes more severe illness, or that the regulated vaccine would not protect against it. 

That's technically accurate.

It would also be technically accurate to say that there's currently no evidence that this variant causes everyone to turn into an elephant.

'no evidence' in a layman's conversation means that they've looked really hard and come back with nothing.  In the press briefing context it means that they've started looking and its too early to say.

I very much disapprove of this technical use of language to mislead the masses.

• Agree 4

35 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'd add that the UK has now vaccinated 10% of the population.

The evidence is that the vaccinations don't offer sterilising immunity, thus the virus will likely be present in the vaccinated, but in lower numbers.

Rather conveniently, they've vaccinated a very large proportion of those over 80 and that work in healthcare.

Those two groups tend to hang around together in large numbers, in places that we call 'hospitals'.  It is possible that the majority of people in hospitals have been vaccinated.

Thus the UK (along with Israel) is one of the best places in the world for the virus to try to mutate to get around the vaccines.

I expect we'll hear of vaccine escape by the end of spring.

Edited by dgul
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, dgul said:

#ILoveScience

Classic wording in the press briefing:

That's technically accurate.

It would also be technically accurate to say that there's currently no evidence that this variant causes everyone to turn into an elephant.

'no evidence' in a layman's conversation means that they've looked really hard and come back with nothing.  In the press briefing context it means that they've started looking and its too early to say.

I very much disapprove of this technical use of language to mislead the masses.

After working from home for almost a year, my scales appear to suggest that there is some evidence of that. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'd add that the UK has now vaccinated 10% of the population.

The evidence is that the vaccinations don't offer sterilising immunity, thus the virus will likely be present in the vaccinated, but in lower numbers.

Rather conveniently, they've vaccinated a very large proportion of those over 80 and that work in healthcare.

Those two groups tend to hang around together in large numbers, in places that we call 'hospitals'.  It is possible that the majority of people in hospitals have been vaccinated.

Thus the UK (along with Israel) is one of the best places in the world for the virus to try to mutate to get around the vaccines.

I expect we'll hear of vaccine escape by the end of spring.

You're cheery :P

9 minutes ago, eight said:

You're cheery :P

Always grumpy before midday.

Anyway, I don't think that it is possible for the world to escape covid through vaccination.  All the evidence is that it will mutate to get around the vaccine. 

[Beyond that, I'm a bit worried about the other impacts of vaccination.

Eg, Natural immunity to coronaviruses seems to be:

• T-cells memory that lasts a long time
  • Antibodies that decay rather rapidly
  • Antibodies that are biased towards the 'other parts of the virus', rather than the spike protein.

I don't know why all that is.  I've seen some 'explanations', but they don't quite add up to me.  I worry that it is that way because evolution has worked out that 'that approach' offers the best chances of survival (eg, the immune system doesn't target the spike protein because evolution saw that 'not targeting the spike protein' had a better chance of survival).

Yet we've made vaccines that are designed to produce lots of antibodies, where t-cell response was a secondary consideration (although it seems pretty good for most of them) and where the spike protein was specifically targeted.   I just wonder what the consequence of this will be -- I suppose it might give a fantastic protection that's engineered better than the natural response, or it might not.]

• Cheers 1

Chewing Grass
57 minutes ago, dgul said:

given its infectiousness and that it doesn't show for 10 days or so

Would that be classed as 'gain of function', I think so.

Democorruptcy
2 hours ago, spunko said:

If they make a mark on your door, let us know what it is, yellow star etc.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Would that be classed as 'gain of function', I think so.

Yes,'design to have a long incubation period and pre-symptomatic infection' would surely be a goal.

King Penda
57 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

See below. 

Tell them to fuck off they might give it to you 

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
2 hours ago, spunko said:

I have a better idea, stand behind your front door, drop your trollies, open the door and bend over with one butt cheeck having 'swab' written on it and the other 'here'.

Oh, and film it for youtube/bitchute depending on camera angle.

• Agree 1

Micky Roberts

Official estimate of BAME % of UK population is 13.8% (2018).

Of the 8 postcode districts targeted for door to door testing the numbers for BAME are :-

8%, 11%, 14%, 26%, 35%, 60%, 71%,  80%

The testing is racist. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, dgul said:

It is already too late -- it is probably all over by now (in 'low numbers' all over, sure, but the increase in infections will come, and there's nothing can be done to stop it).

Forgot to include one bit:  having had 'normal' covid (including Kent covid) doesn't give protection against infection with SA covid.  Now, it probably means that you'll have fewer symptoms, etc, but reinfection can (probably will) occur.

Thus we're 'starting again'. 

Ordinarily, 'whichever strain is more infectious' will predominate.  We think that's Kent strain.  But even if SA is less infectious, the fact that it can infect those who've previously had covid is important.

I recon previous infection in the South-East and London in particular is rather high.  Thus SA will likely take hold there, even if it is less infectious that Kent strain.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

I hope you're all complying.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13920279/brits-south-africa-variant-think-again-food/

BRITS living in areas hit by the South African variant of coronavirus have been urged to eat up tins and leftovers rather than go out food shopping.

A minister said the 80,000 people in neighbourhoods where a clampdown on the mutant strain is underway should "think again" about leaving home at all.

• Lol 4

17 minutes ago, eight said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13920279/brits-south-africa-variant-think-again-food/

BRITS living in areas hit by the South African variant of coronavirus have been urged to eat up tins and leftovers rather than go out food shopping.

A minister said the 80,000 people in neighbourhoods where a clampdown on the mutant strain is underway should "think again" about leaving home at all.

I'm not starting on the tins until the zombies appear.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
29 minutes ago, eight said:

I knew it was coming, Morlockisation.

spacer.png

Just purposely been to Morrisons in the ME15 postcode area, absolutely dead, breezed through checkout.

• Informative 3
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, dgul said:

I'm not starting on the tins until the zombies appear.

Hush, I'm in secret negotiations to bring out my zombie apocalypse range of tinned foods, the artwork is ready to go, don't go spilling the beans.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Just purposely been to Morrisons in the ME15 postcode area, absolutely dead, breezed through checkout.

Hope you got your supplies of biltong, milk-tart and boerewors for the braai.

Government stats for Southport, Walsall, Maidstone, Tottenham, Ha well and Broxbourne see Covid hospital admissions and Covid patients on ventilation mostly falling or flat. 

O.o