DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Keir 'not a syrup' Starmer has called for all travellers entering the UK to quarantine in hotels (presumably at their own expense).  https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/uk-news/bo

Every time I see Kier Starmer he looks like a slightly worried Tony Hadley.

See? I know this much is true.

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

So Keir 'not a syrup' Starmer has called for all travellers entering the UK to quarantine in hotels (presumably at their own expense). 

https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/uk-news/boris-johnson-starmer-covid-quarantine-hotel-b1793300.html

Keir obviously hasn't considered what would happen if hotels ran out of rooms having to accommodate the worlds travellers, neither has he offered any critique of Boris original requirement for people from 'red list' countries to quarantine in hotels at their own expense (such as what happens if they can't afford to/run out of money/refuse to pay, or the wisdom of turning public hotels into leper colonies as opposed to simply closing the fucking borders).

All I ever hear about Starmer is that he's 'forensic', oh yes he's so 'forensic'. Fuck me, all he does is wait for the honey monster to announce something, agree with it, and then suggest a slight variation which makes no sense at all.

All of his arguments/ideas are back of a fag-packet rubbish, his general performance could be charitably described as softer that a heated mars-bar and as for his shadow cabinet, I really don't know when to begin with that shower of freaks.

I am convinced labour made a conscious decision some time ago to never seek power again, either that or Keir is a Tory plant.

Top post! Made me laugh! 😁

Here he is again in all his forensic glory: 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9219429/Furious-Keir-Starmer-confronts-Boris-Johnson-PMQs.html

Fucking tosser can't even remember his own bullshit. Labour are certainly committed to beating their record 18 years in opposition under Thatcher/Major.

On 02/02/2021 at 18:00, Jonty Willis the Third said:

All of his arguments/ideas are back of a fag-packet rubbish, his general performance could be charitably described as softer that a heated mars-bar and as for his shadow cabinet, I really don't know when to begin with that shower of freaks.

Thoughtful alliteration avoidance there.

The obvious choice would be shit rather than freaks.  :)

12 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Thoughtful alliteration avoidance there.

The obvious choice would be shit rather than freaks.  :)

If I was feeling particularly alliterative, Submissive Shit Show Shower Shadow Cabinet would be more than appropriate to describe that group of flotsam and jetsam.

Edited by Jonty Willis the Third
Talking about alliteration and I'm not even literate
On 02/02/2021 at 18:00, Jonty Willis the Third said:

I am convinced labour made a conscious decision some time ago to never seek power again, either that or Keir is a Tory plant.

I agree apart from the last bit.

He's being populist -- the majority is craving more government intervention, and that's what he's suggesting, only he doesn't have to pay for it.  

All he has to do is not actually suggest anything substantively different -- only the same but more so.  That way he can't be criticised.  (well, he can be, because he's not actually offering an opposition that's any bloody use -- but the public won't remember that, only that he was 'more')

When this shit is all over he'll be claiming that he'd have done better if he'd have been in charge, and many people will believe it.

Anyway, the Tories will have to work hard just to have a chance at the next elections (I'd offer the 1945 election as an example -- Churchill got us through the war, but people voted in Attlee anyway, and in a landslide to boot.  In many respects we've got it even worse -- Attlee had the post-war austerity to get through, which massively reduced his majority in 1950.  This time the Tories are going to have to push through the post-covid* austerity and the next elections will come just as people are getting completely and utterly broken).

[*Ha!  We've always been at war with Covid, and always will be]

[to be fair to the 1945-1955 government they did bring in a decent welfare state, education and healthcare system.  This worked well for a few years, until it became broken through a mixture of abuse and entitlement in the 1980's and completely and utterly stuffed in the late 90's]

Edited by dgul
5 minutes ago, dgul said:

He's being populist -- the majority is craving more government intervention, and that's what he's suggesting, only he doesn't have to pay for it.  

All he has to do is not actually suggest anything substantively different -- only the same but more so.  That way he can't be criticised.  (well, he can be, because he's not actually offering an opposition that's any bloody use -- but the public won't remember that, only that he was 'more')

When this shit is all over he'll be claiming that he'd have done better if he'd have been in charge, and many people will believe it.

Agreed, the public are keen at the moment on govt bailing everything and everybody out, but if we examine his broader appeal beyond covid related policy, I don't see how he can possibly hope to convince traditional northern working class voters to get behind labour with his identity politics obsessed, europhile, London centric approach. The red wall will see him, Rayner, Lammy, Debonnaire (right cunt that one) et al and I suspect will collectively tell them all to fuck off at the ballot box next time.

It really should be the easiest ride in history for the opposition, the Tories have given them open goal after open goal with their incompetence and yet the polls consistently show either level pegging or a slight Tory lead.

Maybe labour simply have got used to screeching from the sidelines and found they like it a bit too much.

On 02/02/2021 at 19:00, Jonty Willis the Third said:

All I ever hear about Starmer is that he's 'forensic', oh yes he's so 'forensic'. Fuck me, all he does is wait for the honey

I think people are gullible or easily impressed.

He's a lawyer, he's good at advocating stuff, even if it is totally stupid. "My client, Mr Peter Sutcliffe, ladies and gentleman of the jury, is an upstanding member of the community without even a speeding ticket to his name blah blah"

To give an example, My missus is a lawyer. She had a case against Worldcom with RJ45 sockets catching fire. She had Worldcom's expert witness arguing black was white by the time she'd finished her cross examination. You'd think she was the Sherlock Holmes of Cat 5 cabling but she wouldn't know an RS232 from a USB socket. She's a lawyer, she argues diverse and various cases for a living without understanding the technicalities.

11 hours ago, dgul said:

Anyway, the Tories will have to work hard just to have a chance at the next elections (I'd offer the 1945 election as an example -- Churchill got us through the war, but people voted in Attlee anyway, and in a landslide to boot.  In many respects we've got it even worse -- Attlee had the post-war austerity to get through, which massively reduced his majority in 1950.  This time the Tories are going to have to push through the post-covid* austerity and the next elections will come just as people are getting completely and utterly broken).

[*Ha!  We've always been at war with Covid, and always will be]

[to be fair to the 1945-1955 government they did bring in a decent welfare state, education and healthcare system.  This worked well for a few years, until it became broken through a mixture of abuse and entitlement in the 1980's and completely and utterly stuffed in the late 90's]

Maybe why the cons are spending every penny possible before labour get in. Imagine labour get in and can borrow nothing more and have to raise interest rates. Popcorn out

3 minutes ago, RJT1979 said:

Maybe why the cons are spending every penny possible before labour get in. Imagine labour get in and can borrow nothing more and have to raise interest rates. Popcorn out

Yes, I don't think they'll do austerity much before the next election. It is going to be like 1974 for Labour.

Edited by Dave Bloke
1 hour ago, RJT1979 said:

It could force Labour to be the ones who have to end the benefit gravy train.

Only the IMF can do that now. Blair and Brown made government largesse an intrinsic part of the economy, millions of people are entirely dependent on it now - take it away and the resulting crash, recession and massive bank loan defaults will be too much for any government to deal with. 

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Only the IMF can do that now. Blair and Brown made government largesse an intrinsic part of the economy, millions of people are entirely dependent on it now - take it away and the resulting crash, recession and massive bank loan defaults will be too much for any government to deal with. 

Yes, we will have a rerun of the 1970s.

Denis Healey as Labour chancellor wanting to bring in big cuts to avoid the country going bankrupt but the cabinet refused to support him because they knew it would lose votes.

Then there was no choice but to go begging to the IMF who loaned the money with the strings on spending that Healey had wanted all along; but now Labour could blame the IMF for cutting benefits and not them. 

Democracy doesn't work when very high numbers of voters produce nothing and just want more for free and vote accordingly; the first country to be brave enough to bring back a tax-paying qualification for voting will see its economy skyrocket.

Did not get to the off button quick enough so heard some of yesterday's PMQs.  Starmer opened by following Boris in praise for Capt Tom, but then went on to add how we should also remember some sadly passed MP who was the fist openly lesbian MP or something.  I'm genuinely sorry to hear about the lady but to me this sums up Starmer and co.

1 minute ago, Harley said:

Did not get to the off button quick enough so heard some of yesterday's PMQs.  Starmer opened by following Boris in praise for Capt Tom, but then went on to add how we should also remember some sadly passed MP who was the fist openly lesbian MP or something.  I'm genuinely sorry to hear about the lady but to me this sums up Starmer and co.

Yes, he's a lawyer doing what they are good at: tinkering at the edges.

If Whitty's hand puppet with the blonde mop of hair announced full lockdown until 31 March then Starmer would initially agree but propose until the 5 April instead.

Here is the face of a man who has never had an original idea in his life; hence law being the perfect career for him where rules are followed and creativity is non-existent.

594112934cb1e458db14f4a8