DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What are people's experiences.

I'll start. Not felt the same since recovering from a bout of this flu like illness.

Beer tastes oddly different. Get tired more often. Get the Delhi belly often. Sh*t through the eye of a needle often.

Will admit, the ale is flowing to help keep spirits up.

But, definite change in how I feel.

Does it ever leave your system? Do they know something we don't I wonder?

The whole thing is getting very weird now.

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

A somewhat paranoid friend of mine had a dose of the covid earlier this year. Only real symptom was loss of sense of smell.

A month or two later, he told me that he was feeling cold and that the circulation in his fingers wasn't what it was. I pointed out that we were walking through snow in Berlin at the time and he's in his early fifties.

The human brain is great at finding patterns, even patterns that aren't there.

No reflection on the OP's situation; just a comment that correlation is not causation. Teasing out cause and effect for any of this is going to be tricky.

I think I agree with this. When gyms were last open I remember mentioning to one of the bros about how some weeks you are lifting well and other weeks it all feels a struggle. Never seemed to be much reason for it apart from maybe carb intake so muscle glycogen stores

2 minutes ago, ccc said:

Very few professional sports people who have tested + have had long term issues. 

A few outliers have taken a while to get back to full fitness. But relatively tiny numbers. 

Longest I've heard about was Newcastle player. Funny name. He was playing the full 90 mins last night again and looked fine. 

Maximin

It was him and Lascelles. Both black and living in Newcastle, poor sods.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

A month or two later, he told me that he was feeling cold and that the circulation in his fingers wasn't what it was. I pointed out that we were walking through snow in Berlin at the time and he's in his early fifties.

Yep, I've had that. Fingers and toes feeling very cold very often, even now as I type, my hands and feet are cold. I'm early fifties, in pretty good shape, fit, but this thing has definitely left a marker on my system.

I have a regular steelly like taste in my mouth. The same taste after taking a Zopiclone sleeping pill the day after the nights sleep.

1 hour ago, JREWING said:

I have a regular steelly like taste in my mouth.

I've had this in the past after ordinary flu and also while pregnant.  After a few months it passes.

I think I had this current lurgy well before it was even supposed to be in the country and I've since read that it was supposedly in Wuhan in autumn 2019 so before the Chinese realised it existed.  I was ill over Christmas 2019 and I can remember saying to the doctor it was not like any flu I'd had before.  I had a terible cough which lasted for weeks and temperature plus a racing heart.  My tastes changed a lot and it took a few weeks to feel back to normal.  The  metallic taste was part of it.  I think I read somewhere it is suposed to show a zinc deficiency or something.

I had that metallic taste in my mouth on and off for months/a year or more over around 15 years or so ago.

I’ve no idea what caused it but it just went away. Never had it again.

For around that time I’ve endeavoured to reduce man made chemicals as much as I can. It’s impossible to avoid but that’s how modern life is.

I’m not keen on doctors and stay away from them. Luckily I’ve had no emergency or worrying health issues where I’ve thought I need tests etc.

Many symptoms just pass and it’s useful, in my opinion, to do your own research and try some natural type self help options for a while.

6 hours ago, JREWING said:

Yep, I've had that. Fingers and toes feeling very cold very often, even now as I type, my hands and feet are cold. I'm early fifties, in pretty good shape, fit, but this thing has definitely left a marker on my system.

I have a regular steelly like taste in my mouth. The same taste after taking a Zopiclone sleeping pill the day after the nights sleep.

I knew it, recently passed the big five O. It's all downhill now, you will notice the other deteriorations soon.

Apparently one in 8 Brits have had covid (ie, have antibodies; about double the official positive cases, which sounds about right).

If long covid was an actual thing you'd see evidence of it every day.

As it stands, long covid is a weird and rare condition that the BBC have to try very hard to find examples of.

I don't think it exists beyond normal post viral fatigue and the impact of long term hospitalisation for octogenarians.

6 hours ago, JREWING said:

Just got over it but seem to have a shortness of breath when I go for my usual brisk walk which I didn't have before.  Also I have felt poor circulation in my fingers.  My toes are itchy and swelled up slightly - something called 'Covid Toe' !

12 minutes ago, dgul said:

Apparently one in 8 Brits have had covid (ie, have antibodies; about double the official positive cases, which sounds about right).

If long covid was an actual thing you'd see evidence of it every day.

As it stands, long covid is a weird and rare condition that the BBC have to try very hard to find examples of.

I don't think it exists beyond normal post viral fatigue and the impact of long term hospitalisation for octogenarians.

Well I hope you are correct bud.

This whole lockdown bollocks must be the reasoning behind the symptoms.

Driving me insane.

7 hours ago, ccc said:

Very few professional sports people who have tested + have had long term issues. 

A few outliers have taken a while to get back to full fitness. But relatively tiny numbers. 

Longest I've heard about was Newcastle player. Funny name. He was playing the full 90 mins last night again and looked fine. 

Maximin

All the actors that had it are fine too aren't they?

#prayforIdris

7 hours ago, ccc said:

Good point. Probably vit D deficient. 

With all the high paid nutrition "experts" these teams employ - I'd wager many are still clueless on the basics of vit D.

Moeen Ali only English cricketer to contract pox so far.

Amid various false positives. Guarantee NOBODY will raise the Vit D level issue there.

Fucking nada....:D, he said, crossing threads like a dog with a bone.

@swiss_democracy_for_all

@JREWING

I think I had it Christmas 2019. Was still ill end of January, got tested for vitamin D: was very low. 

Cold symptoms disappeared around that time. Felt fairly unfit for the rest of the year:

Usual 10 min aerobic warm up at the gym was a struggle initially. 

Running was awful when gyms shut first time. I was never a good runner but it was like starting fron scratch, even though I did do some exercise at the gym. 

Running in second lockdown was even worse! Now I am just walking lots. Sweating but don't get out of breath anymore. 

I think part of the problem this year was sitting around all the time because I don't need to walk to work, and not going to the gym. 

So yes, I was sick for a long time but I blame the very long term lack of fitness on the lockdown. 

Edited by Bear Hug

itchy toes and feet, theres me thinking it was the cat and his fleas or some fungal infection, had it for a couple of weeks, woke me up and had to go wash my feet in warm salty water or put calamine lotion on them to ease it, was so bad i couldnt ignore it like i usually can with itches so i dont make them worse by scratching.

Actually felt more akin to heat rash but no rash, might well have been a bit swollen as well. Poor cat, he had 2 weeks of de-fleaing, even though i found very few maybe 2 or 3 the whole time.