Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Thread for posts that put this sub-forum in perspective :-)


swiss_democracy_for_all
 Share

Recommended Posts

JoeDavola

:D

Bill's saying that for the lolz, but he actually agrees with them and is a healthy eating type in the same way many of this sub-forum are:

 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui

translation 'it's by doing whatever that one becomes whoever' xD

 

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Ray Kroc, who gave us McDonalds, lived to 82.

:) Ok, but he may not have eaten the shit he made his fortune with.

In the same way that people like Gwyneth Paltrow may well wolf down fastfood when not being observed.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod
1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

In the same way that people like Gwyneth Paltrow may well wolf down fastfood when not being observed.

If Linda McCartney had snuck in the odd burger she might have lasted past 57.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

If Linda McCartney had snuck in the odd burger she might have lasted past 57.

Let’s be honest it’s mainly genetic. 

If you have the genes ‘to live to a 100 years old’ and you eat like a pig, are an alcoholic who smokes 20 cigarettes a day, never exercise, lead an ‘immoral’ shitty life under stress everyday ...... it’s highly likely you’ll die of heart disease, a stroke or cancer, before you are 70. The genes will only help you so far. 
 

Likewise if you carry the genes for cancer and heart disease you can try and ‘keep the wolf from the door’ .... but no matter what you do (eating well, keeping fit, not smoking or boozing), there is a good chance the grim reaper will get you before you are 3 score and ten.....

 

Ideally you’ll carry good genes and won’t smoke, drink to excess, or eat too many carbs or processed food, and neither carry too much weight. If so and you lead a ‘good life’, and remain stress free, you’ll probably see into your nineties or more.

Mind those long distance runners .... they are fucked no matter what....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Give yourself a score out of 10 for each of the following and then add up all the numbers. That will be the age the grim reaper pays a visit.... barring an unfortunate accident. 
 

- good genes (parents, and grandparents with an average age of death above 90). 

- non smoker

- family and community orientated

- You feel respected and have a high self esteem 

- healthy diet (fish, meat, fat and non processed), fruit and vegetables. Low in starchy sugary carbs and don’t overdo the booze.

- physically active

- limit daily calories (don’t over-eat) 1500-2000 cals per day. 

- avoid PUFA’ s

- Have a purposeful life 

- Have and maintain a positive outlook

- Avoid stress - and if you can’t ...... deal with it positively. 
 

So what score did you get? 

 

 

 

Edited by Vendetta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod
13 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

So what score did you get? 

 

9B1E26B6-C46B-46F6-8A2D-70AC05AC35CC.jpeg
 

* Well technically just 96 by your model.

Edited by Hail the Tripod
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

 

9B1E26B6-C46B-46F6-8A2D-70AC05AC35CC.jpeg
 

* Well technically just 96 by your model.

You sure you weren’t overly generous?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod
18 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

You sure you weren’t overly generous?  

- good genes (parents, and grandparents with an average age of death above 90). - Dad is 91 and still going. Still has a full head of hair. 

- non smoker - gave up >10 years ago.

- family and community orientated - married with 2 kids, kids football coach, and scout leader.

- You feel respected and have a high self esteem - People at work treat me as a guru in my niche specialism.

- healthy diet (fish, meat, fat and non processed), fruit and vegetables. Low in starchy sugary carbs and don’t overdo the booze. - lots of seafood and cruciferous veg, almost no processed food at all (except bread). Only questionable thing would be very high salt intake.

- physically active 30 mins high intensity every day. Also low intensity stuff like football coaching etc.

- limit daily calories (don’t over-eat) 1500-2000 cals per day. - A little over that but not massively.

- avoid PUFA’ s - virtually none, I even make my own mayo to avoid that shit.

- Have a purposeful life - work and raising children. Try to learn about history. Pretty satisfactory, if anything I’m always trying to trim back interests and commitments.

- Have and maintain a positive outlook - Even when it’s big picture bleak, most of my life revolves around family and there’s a lot of joy there. My kids are awesome!

- Avoid stress - and if you can’t ...... deal with it positively. - Eat well, exercise, part of the community, good at my job and financially pretty secure. So no real sources of stress (although the wife is sometimes frustrating).

 

I have been actively cultivating a “good life” in the Socratic sense for quite a while.

Edited by Hail the Tripod
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

- good genes (parents, and grandparents with an average age of death above 90). - Dad is 91 and still going. Still has a full head of hair. 

- non smoker - gave up >10 years ago.

- family and community orientated - married with 2 kids, kids football coach, and scout leader.

- You feel respected and have a high self esteem - People at work treat me as a guru in my niche specialism.

- healthy diet (fish, meat, fat and non processed), fruit and vegetables. Low in starchy sugary carbs and don’t overdo the booze. - lots of seafood and cruciferous veg, almost no processed food at all (except bread). Only questionable thing would be very high salt intake.

- physically active 30 mins high intensity every day. Also low intensity stuff like football coaching etc.

- limit daily calories (don’t over-eat) 1500-2000 cals per day. - A little over that but not massively.

- avoid PUFA’ s - virtually none, I even make my own mayo to avoid that shit.

- Have a purposeful life - work and raising children. Try to learn about history. Pretty satisfactory, if anything I’m always trying to trim back interests and commitments.

- Have and maintain a positive outlook - Even when it’s big picture bleak, most of my life revolves around family and there’s a lot of joy there. My kids are awesome!

- Avoid stress - and if you can’t ...... deal with it positively. - Eat well, exercise, part of the community, good at my job and financially pretty secure. So no real sources of stress (although the wife is sometimes frustrating).

 

I have been actively cultivating a “good life” in the Socratic sense for quite a while.

You are me.....

I am a football coach for U12s. My boy plays on the team. I also coach the local rugby team. I don’t do scouts but did the DofE instead. 

I had my last cigarette 15 years ago at 30 years old. Both parents alive and well in their 80s. And grandparent 80s to 90s when they died. 

Likewise with work, family (similar to you), and diet (mind I like my food and drink but non processed and I try to long fast regularly). 
PUFAs are evil. 

Wife is definitely frustrating .... but I deal with it positively. 
 

I used to run to excess. Half marathons and triathlons, but injured myself 2 year ago acting the goat. I’ve cut down on the running. Keeping it below 5km and just improving cardio. No joggers face for me.

I have had a dry January and still going. Occasionally  in the past I have done thing to excess but for the last 15 years have quit all my vices to excess.

I’m hoping for 90 fit and strong years ... after that I don’t really care. 
 

 

Edited by Vendetta
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod
6 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I am a football coach for U12s.

#metoo Such a great age. Curse the government for ripping these prime years away from them.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Give yourself a score out of 10 for each of the following and then add up all the numbers. That will be the age the grim reaper pays a visit.... barring an unfortunate accident. 
 

- good genes (parents, and grandparents with an average age of death above 90). 

- non smoker

- family and community orientated

- You feel respected and have a high self esteem 

- healthy diet (fish, meat, fat and non processed), fruit and vegetables. Low in starchy sugary carbs and don’t overdo the booze.

- physically active

- limit daily calories (don’t over-eat) 1500-2000 cals per day. 

- avoid PUFA’ s

- Have a purposeful life 

- Have and maintain a positive outlook

- Avoid stress - and if you can’t ...... deal with it positively. 
 

So what score did you get? 

 

 

 

Fuck - 52 !!

 

Although in my close extended family. Quite large maybe 30+ people. 

Including aunts , uncles, cousins etc...

Only 1 had cancer. I think that's a rather good sign genetically. 

As for the bevvy...:ph34r::Beer:

  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

swiss_democracy_for_all
3 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Give yourself a score out of 10 for each of the following and then add up all the numbers. That will be the age the grim reaper pays a visit.... barring an unfortunate accident. 
 

- good genes (parents, and grandparents with an average age of death above 90). 

- non smoker

- family and community orientated

- You feel respected and have a high self esteem 

- healthy diet (fish, meat, fat and non processed), fruit and vegetables. Low in starchy sugary carbs and don’t overdo the booze.

- physically active

- limit daily calories (don’t over-eat) 1500-2000 cals per day. 

- avoid PUFA’ s

- Have a purposeful life 

- Have and maintain a positive outlook

- Avoid stress - and if you can’t ...... deal with it positively. 
 

So what score did you get? 

 

 

 

Fuck me, I’m a walking miracle, I should have died about 5 years ago!

I don’t even know what a PUFA is (but you and Tripod are a right pair of Pufas) ;)

I think you need to add a DGAF adjustment to the score anyway, people like @stokiescum would probably score very low on that but IMO will defy the odds and outlive most of us!

  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod
8 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I don’t even know what a PUFA is

Polyunsaturated fatty acid, which in practice means “edible” seed oils, like sunflower oil etc

Technically PUFAs doesn’t include re-hydrogenated seed oils like margarine (because the industrial re-hydrogenation saturates them), but almost all people using the term would implicitly include them in the category.

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

swiss_democracy_for_all
20 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Polyunsaturated fatty acid, which in practice means “edible” seed oils, like sunflower oil etc

Technically PUFAs doesn’t include re-hydrogenated seed oils like margarine (because the industrial re-hydrogenation saturates them), but almost all people using the term would implicitly include them in the category.

Oh right, no I don’t eat them, although I don’t slavishly inspect everything for ingredients so may unwittingly consume small quantities. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
crashmonitor
On 03/02/2021 at 19:31, Vendetta said:

Let’s be honest it’s mainly genetic. 

If you have the genes ‘to live to a 100 years old’ and you eat like a pig, are an alcoholic who smokes 20 cigarettes a day, never exercise, lead an ‘immoral’ shitty life under stress everyday ...... it’s highly likely you’ll die of heart disease, a stroke or cancer, before you are 70. The genes will only help you so far. 
 

Likewise if you carry the genes for cancer and heart disease you can try and ‘keep the wolf from the door’ .... but no matter what you do (eating well, keeping fit, not smoking or boozing), there is a good chance the grim reaper will get you before you are 3 score and ten.....

 

Ideally you’ll carry good genes and won’t smoke, drink to excess, or eat too many carbs or processed food, and neither carry too much weight. If so and you lead a ‘good life’, and remain stress free, you’ll probably see into your nineties or more.

Mind those long distance runners .... they are fucked no matter what....

Yup 40 stone Cyril Smith made 82 too. Seems to have a small boy's cap gun and hat here, wonder where he got those from.

 

article-2237627-162AD77F000005DC-751_306x928.thumb.jpg.8d19ae15c75adec615f1cfdc1ce26d14.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...