DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The virality of Jackie Weaver and the apocalypse of Handforth Parish Council

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven’t watched it, have no idea what it’s about, and yet I agree with you.

Yes my idiot local council has, in their wisdom, padlocked the tennis courts. Can have those crowds of two people standing 60 feet apart.  Children's play areas also closed as children touch the equip

Posted Images

The Chairman hasn't held a meeting because the physical meetings aren't allowed during lockdown.

The Chairman doesn't want to lose power which is evident during the virtual meetings. For whatever reason he has a disadvantage online as he doesn't appear to have an ally that can be Clerk or Officer that can be good holding these meetings and allow him to speak without being interrupted as shown in the video - this makes him uncomfortable adapting. The Chairman, the stereotyped older and wiser and knows the law, and has been put in there as a steady hand at the tiler, but he has no allies except for the Vice Chair.

I have no doubt this is probably just the tip of the iceberg - a power grab is happening all over the country.

Who ever chairs the online team meetings (such as Jackie Weaver who is a volunteer) has the power to mute and boot people without a vote- in the physical meetings you can stand your ground until it voted upon, see Video below:

The Mayor of London got kicked out of this meeting

Village meeting

Edited by 201p

I didn't watch it to the end but once those three utter weapons had been thrown out it ran reasonably well.

The Chairman in particular was being ludicrous in starting by asking for a guarantee that nobody, meaning him, would be thrown out thus giving himself a free pass to behave in what is presumably his usual terrible manner.

It was also notable that the three were all men; from my experience of councils and public sector boards this really doesn't surprise me.

Whilst there have been useless women on Boards, as there are useless men, I have never known a disruptive one.

I live in Handforth. 

I usually say Wilmslow to which it adjoins, because people may have had heard of it. But I live in Handforth, on the same road as the twat who’s Dad was sat next to him. 

I may go and smash his face in later. (I won’t, just in case this is being read by any constabulary)

10 hours ago, Straingone said:

What have I just watched? These people can't even use Zoom, are they really in control of planning and environment? Absolutely pitiful.

I think the point being you don't have to herd cats to be a proper officer.

The chairman had a good point. Who decides who throws people out of the meeting?

It's the chairman!

The "name" thing could be because it's a zoom account for the clerk of the parish council?
We have a couple of people who log in through out main account and it fucks things up proper.

Who is Jackie Weaver?

Standing orders are really important for all meetings.

Edited by sarahbell

Throwing them out achieves nothing if these are elected members. Being stopped from representing their wards. 

And allowing members of the public to speak at a planning meeting not at the points of support or against a planning permission is a bit odd.

Oldham's meetings were videoed live and put on Youtube before Covid. I don't know how much is out there now they're all on zoom.

Just now, sarahbell said:

Throwing them out achieves nothing if these are elected members. Being stopped from representing their wards. 

And allowing members of the public to speak at a planning meeting not at the points of support or against a planning permission is a bit odd.

Oldham's meetings were videoed live and put on Youtube before Covid. I don't know how much is out there now they're all on zoom.

They were achieving nothing, and I'm not surprised giving the attitudes of the chairman and vice-chair, and hadn't met for six months so a new clerk was drafted in to sort them out.  People are told if they misbehave at meetings they are thrown out and that happened.

the meeting's actual clerk, Jackie Weaver, drafted in from the peacekeeping corps of the Cheshire Association of Local Councils.

Throwing them out allowed the committee to begin to achieve some progress.

It's possible that the disruption and bad attitude had been deliberate in order to prevent any planning actually being given and I would have sympathy with that approach.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

They were achieving nothing, and I'm not surprised giving the attitudes of the chairman and vice-chair, and hadn't met for six months so a new clerk was drafted in to sort them out.  People are told if they misbehave at meetings they are thrown out and that happened.

the meeting's actual clerk, Jackie Weaver, drafted in from the peacekeeping corps of the Cheshire Association of Local Councils.

Throwing them out allowed the committee to begin to achieve some progress.

It's possible that the disruption and bad attitude had been deliberate in order to prevent any planning actually being given and I would have sympathy with that approach.

There should be a disciplinary procedure to follow.

If there's not then that's the issue.

You shouldn't allow people to be thrown out of meetings without due process.

If you've sat through lots of meetings where people behave badly you need the rule book to throw at them.

If you have no rule book then they can continue.

The Nolan principles are pretty useless I think. 

Council meetings are often quite argumentative. But rules mean they have to follow conventions and processes.
If they don't then that leads to a way to deal with them. 

If he's breaking rules that needs dealing with through the rules and processes put there to do that.