DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Free investing games?

My son has asked me to teach him about investing and shares.  As he is under 20, this has caught me completely off guard and I wonder if anyone has a good 'free' tool (like the old share competitions some of the papers used to do) where you can build an imaginary portfolio and see how it performs?

• 2 weeks later...

I turned up a few that look like they could be fun...

https://tradingkart.com/

Tradingkart Stock Simulator provides you $1,000,000 in Virtual Cash to test your trading skills on Real United States Stock Markets (NYSE & Nasdaq) through easy to use tradingkart platform. Submit trades in tradingkart virtual stock simulator environment before you start risking your own capital.

Create account and start trading on tradingkart free online stock simulator. (It's Free No Card Required)

(blurb written by Russian?)

https://www.virtualtrader.co.uk/

Virtual Trader: UK's Largest Investment Game
Join Virtual Trader and Master the Stock Market! Trade stocks and manage your own portfolio.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/personal-investing/tools/virtual-portfolio-and-watchlist

With our free Virtual Portfolio, you can take your first steps into the financial world without risking losing any money. You will be able to select, monitor and evaluate performance of thousands of stocks, funds or covered warrants available on our markets.

You can also compete with friends: in Trading Simulator mode you will be allocated a fixed capital of £10,000 to trade at market price (subject to a 15 minute delay). Test your best strategies to beat the market and outperform your peers.

You can also monitor your favourite securities at a glance in a Watchlist. Our alerts service will also notify you when the value of your Watchlist reaches certain targets.

On 07/02/2021 at 23:25, wherebee said:

My son has asked me to teach him about investing and shares.  As he is under 20, this has caught me completely off guard and I wonder if anyone has a good 'free' tool (like the old share competitions some of the papers used to do) where you can build an imaginary portfolio and see how it performs?

Nah @wherebee

Give him £10k and be done with it. 

Nothing like having skin in the game.....

When you know the £big money is real your decisions are totally different. 

Nothing like seeing you’ve made a paper profit of more than you’d take home as salary in a year and letting it stay on the table ...... 

Unless you have massive ‘cojones’ like some - eg. that ‘big dog’ on here who will remain nameless....

Edited by Vendetta