DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Misleading Packaging....

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

IMO the Graze product range is a perfect sign of the times.

I'd disappointed to see that a Dosbodder buys it

I used to get the odd bit free from them. Tasted ok. No idea how much it costs but I imagine it ain't cheap. 

Makes me think of this. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cereal_Killer_Cafe

Edit to add: this sentence also sums up a sign of the times. 

In 2014 the brothers were challenged by Channel 4 over the price of their bowls of cereal in Tower Hamlets. After being told the London borough had some of the highest rates of poverty in the country,[11][12][13][14] Gary denied this was the case and said his cereal was "cheap for the area" before refusing to continue with the interview.[15][16]

Edited by The Generation Game

https://uk.graze.com/products/banana-oats-protein-bites

Misleading contents too. Per 30g bite:

4.4g soy protein (possibly estrogenic)

2.9g sugar (a tenth of the bar!), most of which is actual sugar (demerara sugar (sugar, cane molasses))

Oats are good, but these bars are only 29% oats. They've got chicory root fibre and xantham gum, mind.

I hope they taste good!  :)

Just now, apples said:

https://uk.graze.com/products/banana-oats-protein-bites

Misleading contents too. Per 30g bite:

4.4g soy protein (possibly estrogenic)

2.9g sugar (a tenth of the bar!), most of which is actual sugar (demerara sugar (sugar, cane molasses))

Oats are good, but these bars are only 29% oats. They've got chicory root fibre and xantham gum, mind.

I hope they taste good!  :)

Sounds like "grits". I never understood that American tradition.

4 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I used to get the odd bit free from them. Tasted ok. No idea how much it costs but I imagine it ain't cheap. 

Makes me think of this. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cereal_Killer_Cafe

Free, I'm sure its tolerable.

Used to see people at work get cardboard trays of Graze nibbles delivered in the post that they'd then graze at their desks

Seemed to be another of those most over-priced cons in the book - The company knows its market

Edited by Hopeful
1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

I bought some protein/ oat bars. It was a reasonable size box, inside there were 4 bite size bars.....

20210209_100222.jpg

£2.49 per box of four :o

The insidious thing is that the small portion size lets them claim low-seeming amounts of sugars and fats per portion.

TBH these kinds of bar have significant sugar to stick it all together + to make it palatable for people who don't like actual food ;)

Still, at least the "traffic lights" seem to be blue which tells us that, um...

• Red means the product is high in a nutrient and you should try to cut down, eat less often or eat smaller amounts. 

• Amber means medium. If a food contains mostly amber, you can eat it most of the time. 

• Green means low. The more green lights a label displays, the healthier the food choice is.

bites.thumb.gif.403e4916cddce93729a3a2a5d8afedb3.gif

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Sounds like "grits". I never understood that American tradition.

A visiting American friend brought me some grits at my request, as I wondered what the fuss was about.

I still wonder.

They make a bland porrige like mush, which is no doubt nutritious, but any culinary value lies in whatever you mix the grits with.