Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

An aunt lives next to a house that is split into two flats, both rented. She didn't know this but a while back there was a dispute between the ground floor tenants, a Polish family and the upstairs tenant (a foreign gentleman). It revolved around the Polish family's kids playing during the day - the upstairs tenant likes to sleep during the day.

Anyway the police were called and the upstairs tenant accused the Poles of using racial language and the police / prosecutor decided to launch into a prosecution of hate crime or some such.

Anyway my aunt heard about this, the Poles were very upset and worried they'd be booted out of the UK post Brexit. So she checked her security cameras (or rather my uncle did) and the whole "altercation" was recorded with sound. No racial language, nothing, just the upstairs tenant jumping up and down and getting agitated.

Having seen this police are now "taking no further action, this time" but warned the Poles to moderate their language.

Ok this is an anecdotal but have we really reached the point where we have to record every interaction now?

 

Wow, that is actually rather scary. I wonder what the outcome would have been without the recording.

No further action? Seriously, there should have been action taken against the guy making the malicous accusation.

 

I recently had a POC push in front of me in the queue in the supermarket. The queue was extending down into the aisle and I think it was a genuine mistake on his part. I only had a few items in a basket that I had put on the floor and I don't think he registered that I was in the queue, he come round from the ajoining isle, left his trolly there while he dashed back to get something he had forgotten.

So he accused me of pushing in. I explained that I had joined the queue before him. He was adamant that I had pushed in. While I was tempted to say ok, lets get the manager to check the cctv I have better things to do with my life and said to him "look, I've only got a few items in a basket but if you are really in that much of a hurry you need to push in front then you are welcome to go before me". That actually seemed to take the wind out of his sails and he then said for me to go before him. I then thanked him and everything was fine.

The point I'm getting to is that I felt on edge that a certain card would be pulled on me and I felt I had to be very careful with what I said. You could say I felt somewhat oppressed. What a wonderfull equal and fair society we have created.

Mind, I always have an ace up my sleeve of being a racial minority myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Ah yes.:S

Good luck sleeping during the day from that point onwards. I'd expect a boombox set at full blast before taking the kids for a walk.

I was in a similar situation after moving to UK, but it was us holding the top floor with our kids (6 and 3 back then) screaming and running around, and our ground floor neighbour not being able to cope with it. In the end, she sold her ground floor and bought our place from our landlord just to kick us out.

I hope she had fun discovering all the parting gifts behind the skirting boards and under the floor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kibuc said:

Good luck sleeping during the day from that point onwards. I'd expect a boombox set at full blast before taking the kids for a walk.

I was in a similar situation after moving to UK, but it was us holding the top floor with our kids (6 and 3 back then) screaming and running around, and our ground floor neighbour not being able to cope with it. In the end, she sold her ground floor and bought our place from our landlord just to kick us out.

I hope she had fun discovering all the parting gifts behind the skirting boards and under the floor.

Prawns in the curtain rails?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The whole concept of hate crime should be struck from the books of the law.

It is a nonsense. 

If somebody stabs you then their sentence should reflect the harm done and not the hurt feelings.

Think about the lawyers man! They need them court cases.

I was living In Oregon when they made it a crime to dial 911 on a black person who was acting suspiciously, if you rang and stated that the guy was black...down my local, people were lauding this as some massive event in social justice....but When considers  it won’t really stop crime, it won’t deter folk from calling 911, it just means more work for lawyers. The only victor , albeit from a ££ aspect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 86d said:

Think about the lawyers man! They need them court cases.

I was living In Oregon when they made it a crime to dial 911 on a black person who was acting suspiciously, if you rang and stated that the guy was black...down my local, people were lauding this as some massive event in social justice....but When considers  it won’t really stop crime, it won’t deter folk from calling 911, it just means more work for lawyers. The only victor , albeit from a ££ aspect.

The good old USofA.

I watched a Scotty Kilmer video yesterday where he dropped in that there are more lawyers in the state of Texas than in the country of Japan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The whole concept of hate crime should be struck from the books of the law.

It is a nonsense. 

If somebody stabs you then their sentence should reflect the harm done and not the hurt feelings.

Yes, too much state law based on what might happen rather what actually happens....... we live in a neurotics eutopia.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Bloke said:

An aunt lives next to a house that is split into two flats, both rented. She didn't know this but a while back there was a dispute between the ground floor tenants, a Polish family and the upstairs tenant (a foreign gentleman). It revolved around the Polish family's kids playing during the day - the upstairs tenant likes to sleep during the day.

Is the 'foreign gentleman' from a region in central Romania?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, invalid said:

I recently had a POC push in front of me in the queue in the supermarket. The queue was extending down into the aisle and I think it was a genuine mistake on his part. I only had a few items in a basket that I had put on the floor and I don't think he registered that I was in the queue, he come round from the ajoining isle, left his trolly there while he dashed back to get something he had forgotten.

So he accused me of pushing in. I explained that I had joined the queue before him. He was adamant that I had pushed in. While I was tempted to say ok, lets get the manager to check the cctv I have better things to do with my life and said to him "look, I've only got a few items in a basket but if you are really in that much of a hurry you need to push in front then you are welcome to go before me". That actually seemed to take the wind out of his sails and he then said for me to go before him. I then thanked him and everything was fine.

Best way to handle it IMO. British queuing conventions are mutual/co-operative with "shame" being the only penalty. Seems like the PoC was at least integrated enough to get that :D

That said, the "use my trolley as a placeholder" technique is already sailing close to the wind :Old:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kibuc said:

Good luck sleeping during the day from that point onwards. I'd expect a boombox set at full blast before taking the kids for a walk.

I was in a similar situation after moving to UK, but it was us holding the top floor with our kids (6 and 3 back then) screaming and running around, and our ground floor neighbour not being able to cope with it. In the end, she sold her ground floor and bought our place from our landlord just to kick us out.

I hope she had fun discovering all the parting gifts behind the skirting boards and under the floor.


Exactly.  The speakers would be on full blast during the day.  Fuck these people.


 

20 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Start referring to 'PoC' as 'Perpetrator of Crime' and they'll have to come up with something else.

Caucasianally Challenged maybe?

How about 'joggers'  

I just use that term now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Start referring to 'PoC' as 'Perpetrator of Crime' and they'll have to come up with something else.

Caucasianally Challenged maybe?

I automatically think 'piece of crap', because I see that acronym used, along with PoS for the other similar phrase, more often than I see it used to mean person of colour. I must be a horrible racist, against my better judgement?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

The good old USofA.

I watched a Scotty Kilmer video yesterday where he dropped in that there are more lawyers in the state of Texas than in the country of Japan. 

Can well believe it.

and they have crazy cases whereby the accused is found not guilty of crime, but then sued and found guilty in civilian law suits? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

The whole concept of hate crime should be struck from the books of the law.

It is a nonsense. 

If somebody stabs you then their sentence should reflect the harm done and not the hurt feelings.

The concept and bringing into law 'Hate Crime' is one of the most sinister and divisive gifts New Labour brought us, since embraced by all. The blurring of actual and emotional impact; the favouring of certain communities and noisy minorities; the infestation across the public sector, quangos, charities, and media of activists and their relentless pushing of woke agendas has demeaned and lessened this once great nation.

Multi-culturism, diversity and equality all vehicles to silence discussion and debate... we are now at a point of actively destroying our culture and history, seeking to monitor discussion and speech not only online but actually in the home, and of all personal data being accessible and shared with various bodies who will have power over you.

So many voices silenced; too many unhinged people with too much power and little restraint.

Straight out of 1984, it all began with Hate Crime: Problem > Reaction > Solution.

Our Common Law and the reasonableness and freedom it offered being undermined with each overreach. Our system states that unless it is codified as illegal, we are free to do as we choose.

Hate Law is an abomination because it is broad, vague and subjective. And in a nation that was generally tolerant, unnecessary. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFK said:


Exactly.  The speakers would be on full blast during the day.  Fuck these people.


 

How about 'joggers'  

I just use that term now.

 

Ha ha. Jogger, always running from something huh? My old man had an Australian terrier, called “digger”. A few. Occasions at brockwell park I had some odd situations after I had screamed for him in front of some black lads “come here digger” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 86d said:

Ha ha. Jogger, always running from something huh? My old man had an Australian terrier, called “digger”. A few. Occasions at brockwell park I had some odd situations after I had screamed for him in front of some black lads “come here digger” 

Even better than that, it's now entered as a colloquial term for the mostly peaceful joggers after Ahmaud Arbery, who was just jogging around a building site, casing a place out for robbery , then just jogging away , he unfortunately died after a confrontation.  But he was a saint yo.

I also know one american youtube/content creator who had a dog he called Chenique, for the lulz, had to not use that name for his next dog as shouting it out in the park was getting too much attention ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JFK said:

Even better than that, it's now entered as a colloquial term for the mostly peaceful joggers after Ahmaud Arbery, who was just jogging around a building site, casing a place out for robbery , then just jogging away , he unfortunately died after a confrontation.  But he was a saint yo.

I also know one american youtube/content creator who had a dog he called Chenique, for the lulz, had to not use that name for his next dog as shouting it out in the park was getting too much attention ;) 

Ahhh, just googled that. They always good boys. Chenique?  Sorry don’t follow? What does it sound like? I’m well versed in USA slang, but don’t get that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we must suffer the madness of having what amount to modern day blasphemy laws, at least enforce them as we do other laws.

If I cry rape, and its a lie, I get a serious sentence myself. So not a huge amount of people do it. Being called a racist (bizarrely, but thats the madness of the society we are currently in) can affect your career as much, perhaps more than being called a rapist, yet there seems little cost to falsely claiming someone is a racist. 

 

Make the penalty for false accusations of racism punitive and 99.999% of supposed racism incidences go away overnight.

 

Of course, they never will as that means more than a few parasite lawyers out of work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

If I cry rape, and its a lie, I get a serious sentence myself. So not a huge amount of people do it. Being called a racist (bizarrely, but thats the madness of the society we are currently in) can affect your career as much, perhaps more than being called a rapist, yet there seems little cost to falsely claiming someone is a racist. 

An easy typo to make.

@spygirl is fucked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...