• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Stunley Andwin

Balding

Recent posts on the stealth forum have shown one thing about the typical Dosbodder. We are not overly folicularly blessed. To put it another way, we are slapheads, we are unlikely to need to bring a hairdryer when going on holiday. We need to be careful if we visit bowling alleys. We don't need to make any special effort if we are going to a Willie Thorne impersonators event. 

The question is, are British men more likely to go bald than any other nationality? Living in Thailand, the average Thai man has amazing hair, even elderly men typically have a good top coverage. Of the German guys I knew, most of them in their 30s and 40s had good hair. Of my British friends however, just about all of
us are thinning, the only one who isn't is of Indian origin anyway.

And the second question; are people losing their hair quicker and at ever younger ages?

Using the scientifically proven method of looking at footballers, from the 80s, I remember that Johnny Metgod and David Armstrong were both very bald by their early 30s. There were almost no others though. Guys nowadays seem to be going bald in their early 20s. There was Rooney of course, photos show that Steve Stone had very little hair when he played for England at 24. Alan Wright lost all his very early. What about Jonjo Shelvey?

Some research on the internet found this where it states that mediterranean men are more affected:
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/762227/hair-loss-bald-men-country

But I would ask, can anyone name a bald Iranian footballer?

I don't buy the idea that balding is 'purely genetic'.

I think some people are more sensitive to it but that lifestyle can make a difference to the rate at which it happens.

I'm seeing a larger number of young millennial men balding at a young age (early 20's). I'm convinced that more men are going balder younger than in previous generations. I only knew of one person the same age as me going bald when I was in my late teens/early 20's.

Something's definitely up. And it's not just our hairlines.

Edited by JoeDavola

1 minute ago, Stunley Andwin said:

Recent posts on the stealth forum have shown one thing about the typical Dosbodder. We are not overly folicularly blessed. To put it another way, we are slapheads, we are unlikely to need to bring a hairdryer when going on holiday. We need to be careful if we visit bowling alleys. We don't need to make any special effort if we are going to a Willie Thorne impersonators event. 

The question is, are British men more likely to go bald than any other nationality? Living in Thailand, the average Thai man has amazing hair, even elderly men typically have a good top coverage. Of the German guys I knew, most of them in their 30s and 40s had good hair. Of my British friends however, just about all of
us are thinning, the only one who isn't is of Indian origin anyway.

And the second question; are people losing their hair quicker and at ever younger ages?

Using the scientifically proven method of looking at footballers, from the 80s, I remember that Johnny Metgod and David Armstrong were both very bald by their early 30s. There were almost no others though. Guys nowadays seem to be going bald in their early 20s. There was Rooney of course, photos show that Steve Stone had very little hair when he played for England at 24. Alan Wright lost all his very early. What about Jonjo Shelvey?

Some research on the internet found this where it states that mediterranean men are more affected:
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/762227/hair-loss-bald-men-country

But I would ask, can anyone name a bald Iranian footballer?

That's not very nice, not nice at all for poor @Carl Fimble

2 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Bald men with big fuck-off beards look really weird .

Sex hormones have a big part to play......Keep bonking the burds and you won't go bald.

(Ps....I've got loads of hair )

Yes, it looks like they got up in the morning and put their head on upside down xD

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Yes, it looks like they got up in the morning and put their head on upside down xD

Haha...yes.

As a kid I had one of those magnet games where you put iron filings onto an egg head. You could turn it upside down......hair became a muzzie beard.

(Probably a banned toy today......might cause an adverse feeling hence a crime)

28 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I don't buy the idea that balding is 'purely genetic'.

I think some people are more sensitive to it but that lifestyle can make a difference to the rate at which it happens.

I'm seeing a larger number of young millennial men balding at a young age (early 20's). I'm convinced that more men are going balder younger than in previous generations. I only knew of one person the same age as me going bald when I was in my late teens/early 20's.

Something's definitely up. And it's not just our hairlines.

I also think there's definitely something up.  I'm mid 30's and nearly all of my mates are bald or balding. It is often a topic of conversation when we get together (I'm lucky in that I'm one of the few still with a full head of hair - I shaved it once and looked like a twat).

Some of this could probably be put down to men looking more jacked up than ever. Started about a decade ago when they became more self conscious for that all important social media selfie. I'd guesstimate Anabolic Steroid use has increased fourfold and hair loss is a side effect. 

15 years ago I'd have classed myself as the optimum man. Athletic (not skinny) and I attracted a lot of attention from the opposite sex - I had a reputation for it. However looking like I did then as I would today I wouldn't stand a chance.

I started losing mine at about 18. I won't lie, I was fucking devastated at the time, it's not really what you want to be dealing with as a ridiculously appearance sensitive teenager.

Nobody really took the piss though and as time went by, it mattered less and less. I bit the bullet and shaved it off mid-twenties, going from a bloke who used to have hair down to his shoulders (Aussie surfie look) to the chrome-tome that I now am.

It's important not to give a shit. There was a guy on the radio a while back in his mid-thirties who was losing his hair and actually contemplating suicide. I mean come on...

Also, if the best that money can buy is what Wayne Rooney got stapled to his head then your better off embracing the shaver.

10 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Some of this could probably be put down to men looking more jacked up than ever. Started about a decade ago when they became more self conscious for that all important social media selfie. I'd guesstimate Anabolic Steroid use has increased fourfold and hair loss is a side effect. 

15 years ago I'd have classed myself as the optimum man. Athletic (not skinny) and I attracted a lot of attention from the opposite sex - I had a reputation for it. However looking like I did then as I would today I wouldn't stand a chance.

Apparently steroid use is way up; I heard this from my personal trainer (who moves in these circles but is anti-steroid) - and when I went to a fancy nightclub for the first time in years recently I couldn't believe how many blokes there were who were quite obviously on steroids. Something I never saw even 10 years ago.

However I don't think steroids are the whole reason, as much of the premature balding that I see is in young/skinny fellows.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Also, if the best that money can buy is what Wayne Rooney got stapled to his head then your better off embracing the shaver.

And that represents one of the 'better' hair transplant results. The doc who operated on Rooney should be struck off; you shouldn't perform a HT on someone who was that bald that young, as the chances are they will continue to lose hair and you won't have enough left to cover the bald spots, and they'll end up looking ridiculous.

Nobody notices a guy with a shaved head - it actually looks smart and after a certain age makes you look younger. But a pubic tuft of hair at the front of an otherwise balding area? (As I saw on more than one occasion on my travels in America; real life hair transplants and how bad they can look)...you'd look a freak

46 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Sex hormones have a big part to play......Keep bonking the burds and you won't go bald.

(Ps....I've got loads of hair :D)

Stay away from the other thread then! 

Perhaps some of the bald people you see have alopecia which is caused by stress. Everyone seems it today.

Or it could be diet. Don't think that applies in my case as i eat a decent mix with little crap. 

Perhaps it's just social media warping perceptions?

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I started losing mine at about 18. I won't lie, I was fucking devastated at the time, it's not really what you want to be dealing with as a ridiculously appearance sensitive teenager.

Nobody really took the piss though and as time went by, it mattered less and less. I bit the bullet and shaved it off mid-twenties, going from a bloke who used to have hair down to his shoulders (Aussie surfie look) to the chrome-tome that I now am.

It's important not to give a shit. There was a guy on the radio a while back in his mid-thirties who was losing his hair and actually contemplating suicide. I mean come on...

Yes, the key is to shave it. People that cling onto their hair like Prince William look ridiculous. And a lot older. 

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

And that represents one of the 'better' hair transplant results. The doc who operated on Rooney should be struck off; you shouldn't perform a HT on someone who was that bald that young, as the chances are they will continue to lose hair and you won't have enough left to cover the bald spots, and they'll end up looking ridiculous.

Nobody notices a guy with a shaved head - it actually looks smart and after a certain age makes you look younger. But a pubic tuft of hair at the front of an otherwise balding area? (As I saw on more than one occasion on my travels in America; real life hair transplants and how bad they can look)...you'd look a freak

It's ridiculous isn't it?

I seem to remember that particular bit of velcro-ing cost about 20 grand.

I mean Christ, it's not like he had the mug of Brad Pitt to start with either. It looks like someone roughly glued a merkin wig onto a maris piper.

52 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

(Ps....I've got loads of hair :D)

Bald men seem to be able to grow better beards.  I always thought it was baldies who had higher testosterone levels?

I did consider a hair transplant for a short while but decided I'd only shave it short anyway so what's the point. Much easier to have a shaved head regardless of how much hair you can actually grow!