DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Please explain why this gets you sacked

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Possibly because it's been an article of faith in the west since the end of WW2 that it was the Nazi party, not the German people, which was responsible for the atrocities. At the time there were

Gina Carano has been sacked by Lucasfilms for writing this in instagram : Am I missing something?

No and I think she makes a reasoned point that is neither far right or holocaust denial (in fact the opposite).  The point she is making is the Germans didn't start day 1 with death camps - it wa

Posted Images

You can see similar paths with the Communists in Russia and Kulaks (Peasants owning more than 8 acres) 

Lenin describes them as blocksuckers, parasites, profiteers etc (sound familiar?) in the pre revolution period and early 20's but its not until 1928 and the first 5 year plan that Stalin really goes to town on them. 

10 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

No and I think she makes a reasoned point that is neither far right or holocaust denial (in fact the opposite). 

The point she is making is the Germans didn't start day 1 with death camps - it was a gradual stoking of anti semetic feeling which facilitated the nazis moving to ever more extreme measures. 

A good friend of mine grew up in the former Yugoslavia during the civil war in the 90's. It was frightening to me when he described how from one day to the next former good and friendly neighbours suddenly turned on each other in fratricide.

He refused to describe to me any detail of what happened when asked as he was so haunted by what he saw.

2 minutes ago, moneyscam said:

A good friend of mine grew up in the former Yugoslavia during the civil war in the 90's. It was frightening to me when he described how from one day to the next former good and friendly neighbours suddenly turned on each other in fratricide.

He refused to describe to me any detail of what happened when asked as he was so haunted by what he saw.

Many of those issues had been simmering under the surface supressed by Tito etc wanting to build a unified Yugoslav state. Croatian and Bosnian collaboration with the Nazi's etc hadn't been forgotten. 

7 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Many of those issues had been simmering under the surface supressed by Tito etc wanting to build a unified Yugoslav state. Croatian and Bosnian collaboration with the Nazi's etc hadn't been forgotten. 

6 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Yugoslavia had a lot of bottled-up problems and ancient enmities as it was an artificially created country; once the cork of communism was removed it all flooded out. Our leaders have done their best to engineer a similar situation in the enriched areas of the UK, with the 'cork' of welfarism and an ostensibly wealthy economy. Remove that and things might be much the same as in Yugoslavia.

Absolutely agree, I love history so was aware of the background environment of Yugoslavia. It was just the speed of how things deteriorated so rapidly when it 'uncorked' that took me aback when he described it. The 'thin veneer of civilization' quotes came to mind.

12 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Yugoslavia had a lot of bottled-up problems and ancient enmities as it was an artificially created country; once the cork of communism was removed it all flooded out. Our leaders have done their best to engineer a similar situation in the enriched areas of the UK, with the 'cork' of welfarism and an ostensibly wealthy economy. Remove that and things might be much the same as in Yugoslavia.

They will be the same and perhaps sooner than people realise.

The lockdown and the threat of Covid 19 mutations will boil the pot.

Black Swans do exist.

Gina is very anti-woke and the leftist dipshits don't like that she's not a stunning and brave lesbian with blue hair.

They've been trying to get rid of her from the Mandalorian for ages but the success of the program was problematic for this.

She is of course, correct, in pointing out the collaboration and acceptance of many of the german population.  The observations of Yugoslavia are interesting too, as are how Rwanda fell apart too.

Of course, it's OK for any letftist prick to accuse someone right of Marx to be, literally, a nazi.  Gina was smeared as being 'far-right' - without any evidence, just to plant that mind virus there, she's not backing down of course. Fuck them. Get woke go broke

You go along with the “Orange man bad” 2 minute hate, or you can’t be in the Party.
If you try and parse what she actually said for the problem, you are missing the point.

Edit to add: and the Mandalorian is fucking shit. Can’t understand how everyone seems to have not noticed.

Edited by Hail the Tripod
7 minutes ago, JFK said:

Gina is very anti-woke and the leftist dipshits don't like that she's not a stunning and brave lesbian with blue hair.

They've been trying to get rid of her from the Mandalorian for ages but the success of the program was problematic for this.

She is of course, correct, in pointing out the collaboration and acceptance of many of the german population.  The observations of Yugoslavia are interesting too, as are how Rwanda fell apart too.

Of course, it's OK for any letftist prick to accuse someone right of Marx to be, literally, a nazi.  Gina was smeared as being 'far-right' - without any evidence, just to plant that mind virus there, she's not backing down of course. Fuck them. Get woke go broke

I like to point out to lefties that in the early 20's Lenin was portraying Kulaks (land owning peasants) as parasites, vampires, profiteers about a decade before 6 million were exterminated by Stalin. 

What differentiates Lenin and Stalin from Hitler? 

Lefties seem to give their own mass genocide perpetrators a free pass. Abbopotamus has brushed this issue off with a comment about 'breaking a few eggs to make an omlette'

21 minutes ago, moneyscam said:

Absolutely agree, I love history so was aware of the background environment of Yugoslavia. It was just the speed of how things deteriorated so rapidly when it 'uncorked' that took me aback when he described it. The 'thin veneer of civilization' quotes came to mind.

If there is going to be trouble get your retaliation in first.

1 hour ago, man o' the year said:

Gina Carano has been sacked by Lucasfilms for writing this in instagram :

Am I missing something?

The normal requisite for atrocities outside war is to dehumanise your opponents. It then becomes acceptable to hate them and then murder them. This is what true hate crime looks like. This is an inconvenient truth as this is pretty much what is going on in the Anglo western world at the moment. The reality is that totalitarianism like it’s counterpart liberty is indivisible and it runs across the whole political spectrum. The idea that the right have a monopoly on this sort of behaviour is one of the biggest lies you encounter today. 

Edited by Virgil Caine
11 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

I like to point out to lefties that in the early 20's Lenin was portraying Kulaks (land owning peasants) as parasites, vampires, profiteers about a decade before 6 million were exterminated by Stalin. 

What differentiates Lenin and Stalin from Hitler? 

Lefties seem to give their own mass genocide perpetrators a free pass. Abbopotamus has brushed this issue off with a comment about 'breaking a few eggs to make an omlette'

As far as I can make out, far-lefties think Stalin was OK because what he did was for the 'greater good'.

Hitler mainly targetted those who were the wrong race and so is seen as worse than Stalin who targetted those who had the wrong opinions. Ie, one can't choose to be born Jewish but one can choose to be a right-winger, so it is more acceptable to kill the latter.

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

As far as I can make out, far-lefties think Stalin was OK because what he did was for the 'greater good'.

Hitler mainly targetted those who were the wrong race and so is seen as worse than Stalin who targetted those who had the wrong opinions. Ie, one can't choose to be born Jewish but one can choose to be a right-winger, so it is more acceptable to kill the latter.

I think Stalin was just as happy killing communists and any ethnic group deemed to be off message as Hitler.

Just now, Virgil Caine said:

I think Stalin was just as happy killing communists and any ethnic group deemed to be off message as Hitler.

Probably - I was quoting the 'official' justifications I have heard from various lefties over the years. To be fair, a lot of western leftists resigned from the CP when the worst of Stalinist excesses became known, particularly after the invasion of Hungary.

29 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

The normal requisite for atrocities outside war is to dehumanise your opponents. It then becomes acceptable to hate them and then murder them. This is what true hate crime looks like. This is an inconvenient truth as this is pretty much what is going on in the Anglo western world at the moment. The reality is that totalitarianism like it’s counterpart liberty is indivisible and it runs across the whole political spectrum. The idea that the right have a monopoly on this sort of behaviour is one of the biggest lies you encounter today. 

I was once told that tales of the enemy killing babies have been used throughout history to demonise the enemy. Apartently even remote amazonian tribes say this of their enemies.

31 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I have pointed out to the lefties- why adopt such extreme measures as killing 6 million of them? These people were the bread basket of the Soviet Union. 

Kulaks were hardly rich but If Stalin felt Kulaks were getting such a good deal then perhaps raise tax rates on them  and redistribute some of this 'wealth'. 

I have used exactly the same argument with lefties celebrating the expulsion of white farmers from Zimbabwe lands (even though they bought the land off the Zimbabwe Govt in the early 80's) 

Edited by Kurt Barlow
14 minutes ago, invalid said:

I was once told that tales of the enemy killing babies have been used throughout history to demonise the enemy. Apartently even remote amazonian tribes say this of their enemies.

I wonder if it has always been as transparent as the Nayirah testimony: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_testimony

It’s not so much that they got away with doing it in the first place, it’s the way they just brazened it out after with the claim they were hoodwinked by the Kuwaitis and/or it was “true” anyway.