• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Would this site get much advertising revenue?

I like this site because there are no adverts to slow pages loading etc. However at the same time it might be an idea if there was some advertising to covers Spunko's costs and provide enough for Spunko and myself to have the occasional night out at the lapdancers.

It might also be an idea if any left over advertising money was donated to a charity of our choice?

Any thoughts? I don't want want to tread on any toes, just throwing the idea out there.

2 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

No adverts.

Unless of course they are spoofs...

XYY

Takes me back to my teenage years, relatives in Newcastle, would always stock up on Geordie Jeans on a visit! Back on topic, would rather subscribe than have ads.

I will never put adverts on here they're bloody annoying and most people use adblock anyway :Old:

Maybe i need to update my amazon wishlist if Great Guy is opening his wallet...:D

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Maybe that's the next "essential" purchase, when you trade in the hairdryer.

Nobody is trading me in! 

10 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I will never put adverts on here they're bloody annoying and most people use adblock anyway :Old:

Maybe i need to update my amazon wishlist if Great Guy is opening his wallet...:D

Please do, I'm still due you a wee something and chicken shit wasn't quite what I had in mind. Add loads to it.

2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Get a paypal donate button and see what it generates.

Job done, no stupid adverts and you find out who are the givers in dosbods society.

How it's done, and it works well, on the "fringe" football site I'm on whose content would never be acceptable to Google advertising:

It came up in the moderator forum that the site was costing c. £200 a year to run and the founder was just paying it himself, but his missus had been on to him about it as they were a bit short.

After kicking around some numbers we decided that every admin and mod should put in £20 each July (when the fees are due) and a totally voluntary £10 contribution be suggested for each member; with updates of the position being given and the donation button being taken down when the target was reached each year.

It works fine apart from a certain pain in the arse who doesn't make online payments but instead insists upon sending a cheque each year.  Might be me....

No need to add advertising or donations. Just get Carl to donate the proceeds from the dosbods calendar. That should keep the site going well into next month.

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

.........we decided that every admin and mod should put in £20 each July (when the fees are due) and a totally voluntary £10 contribution be suggested for each member; with updates of the position being given and the donation button being taken down when the target was reached each year.

Unsure about £20 per admin & mod simply because I had assumed it was just Spunko footing the bill but I do like the idea of a donate button and this staying up until costs are met.