Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Brideshead Revisited, Bridgerton and buggering about. Lives of the aristocracy.


Recommended Posts

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/19085304.simon-howard-charged-child-sex-offences/
 

THE man who ran Castle Howard for 30 years has been charged with two counts of child sex offences.

65-year-old Simon Howard is due to appear at Scarborough Magistrates Court on Monday (February 15).

A statement to the media issued on behalf of Mr Howard, who stepped down after 30 years in charge of the Ryedale stately home in 2014, said: "Following an initial interview under police caution in July 2018, the Hon Simon Howard of Malton, North Yorkshire, has been charged under the Sexual Offences Act 1956 and is due to appear at Scarborough Magistrates Court on Monday, February 15.

 


the reporting is very disingenuous as he is one of the family.  Was running the estate until a big fallout and his brother took over.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The offence dates from 1984? I just wonder how reliable witnesses are etc?

I'm just not convinced this type of crime is worthy of much police time. As it is the police are fairly rubbish at solving crime that is happening now.... why investigate a crime that happened when Den and Angie where running the Queen Vic?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

The offence dates from 1984? I just wonder how reliable witnesses are etc?

I'm just not convinced this type of crime is worthy of much police time. As it is the police are fairly rubbish at solving crime that is happening now.... why investigate a crime that happened when Den and Angie where running the Queen Vic?

Kind of agree but they have charged him. You also wonder what the real reason behind the family fallout was though. Are the two things related?  Anyhow, at the moment it’s speculation. It’ll all come out in court. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2002/02/castle-howard-full-200202

When she was 14, Marks & Spencer heiress Rebecca Sieff saw on TV the place where she wanted to live: Castle Howard, the three-century-old mansion where the British drama Brideshead Revisited was filmed. Today, after blowing through her trust fund, she is married to its owner, the Honorable Simon Howard, following a whirlwind romance and his divorce. In Yorkshire, Plum Sykes finds Castle Howard's flamboyant new châtelaine coping with the staff of 100, sprinkling her teddy-bear collection around the historic rooms, and generally making the famous private estate her own.

https://expressdigest.com/rebecca-howard-opens-up-about-the-events-that-saw-her-husband-ousted-from-his-ancestral-seat/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2871999/Heiress-Rebecca-Howard-s-turfed-Castle-Howard-brother-law.html

I bet she bangs like a barn door in a storm.

 

Briefly, there were discussion of me being funded to go to Ampleforth, paid by some Howard/poor Catholics/get smatr kids in to keep the results up thing.

Dodged that arse raping.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

The offence dates from 1984? I just wonder how reliable witnesses are etc?

I'm just not convinced this type of crime is worthy of much police time. As it is the police are fairly rubbish at solving crime that is happening now.... why investigate a crime that happened when Den and Angie where running the Queen Vic?

And why name the accused so guaranteeing that in many people's minds he will be automatically guilty of it?

Maybe the accuser was "credible and true" ¬¬

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a mild problem with people (men) being investigated for historical sex crimes being shown as they are now.

IMO this perpetuates a 'myth' that such crimes are committed by old men.  The evidence seems to be that they're actually committed by youngish men.  I might presume that they were committing the same crimes when even younger, but that they weren't sex crimes at that point, but only young people mucking about with one another.

This might seem trivial, but if people 'generally believe' that sex crimes are largely committed by old men, then it only serves to perpetuate the problem, with youth not appreciating that a younger (man) might be a risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dgul said:

I might presume that they were committing the same crimes when even younger, but that they weren't sex crimes at that point, but only young people mucking about with one another.

You get a slap. It's your lesson. On to the next one, who doesn't say no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2002/02/castle-howard-full-200202

When she was 14, Marks & Spencer heiress Rebecca Sieff saw on TV the place where she wanted to live: Castle Howard, the three-century-old mansion where the British drama Brideshead Revisited was filmed. Today, after blowing through her trust fund, she is married to its owner, the Honorable Simon Howard, following a whirlwind romance and his divorce. In Yorkshire, Plum Sykes finds Castle Howard's flamboyant new châtelaine coping with the staff of 100, sprinkling her teddy-bear collection around the historic rooms, and generally making the famous private estate her own.

https://expressdigest.com/rebecca-howard-opens-up-about-the-events-that-saw-her-husband-ousted-from-his-ancestral-seat/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2871999/Heiress-Rebecca-Howard-s-turfed-Castle-Howard-brother-law.html

I bet she bangs like a barn door in a storm.

 

Briefly, there were discussion of me being funded to go to Ampleforth, paid by some Howard/poor Catholics/get smatr kids in to keep the results up thing.

Dodged that arse raping.

 

 

First article says where they now live. Seems to be on the market if you fancy it

https://media.onthemarket.com/properties/1528793/doc_1_5.pdf

It’s even got a ground source heat pump

https://purerenewables.co.uk/case-studies/welham-hall-malton/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Briefly, there were discussion of me being funded to go to Ampleforth, paid by some Howard/poor Catholics/get smatr kids in to keep the results up thing.

Dodged that arse raping.

Just imagine if you weren't arse raped? You'd have a lifetime of being labelled the ugly kid that wasn't attractive enough to rape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Great Guy said:

The offence dates from 1984? I just wonder how reliable witnesses are etc?

I'm just not convinced this type of crime is worthy of much police time. As it is the police are fairly rubbish at solving crime that is happening now.... why investigate a crime that happened when Den and Angie where running the Queen Vic?

But isn't Phil Mitchell still at it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...