Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

The post office. Going above and beyond


Recommended Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9253095/Moment-Royal-Mail-postman-leaves-pensioner-lying-snow-hes-knackered-pick-up.html
 

'I can't help. I'm knackered': Royal Mail probes postman who left vulnerable widow, 72, with osteoporosis lying in the snow after she fell and hit her head outside front door - but hero Herpes driver arrived to get help

  • Royal Mail postman left Patricia Stewart, 72, lying in snow after fall this week
  • He told the pensioner he was 'too knackered' to pick her up in Falkirk
  • Royal Mail apologised and are investigating after video was posted online
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

 

If his post gets nicked whilst he's helping someone old lady up and back into her house then he'd get the sack.

 

 

Probably actually true. Also no doubt get blamed for her injuries, these days.

Thread title messed up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

And he didn't think to ring 999? 

If his post gets nicked whilst he's helping someone old lady up and back into her house then he'd get the sack.

 

 

Not necessarily.

Back in the day my dad hid his post trolley, went for a drink and forgot about it for 2 days.xD

Obviously gone by the time he remembered. Told his boss and he just said 'don't worry about it'. No more said.

Edited by Roger_Mellie
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Funn3r said:

Probably actually true. Also no doubt get blamed for her injuries, these days.

Thread title messed up.

Oh yeah lifting someone with a broken hip won't end well for someone.

Just now, Roger_Mellie said:

Not necessarily.

Back in the day my dad his his post trolley, went for a drink and forgot about it for 2 days.xD

Obviously gone by the time he remembered. Told his boss and he just said 'don't worry about it'. No more said.

Shocking. 
My uncle was a postman and but waited to go for a drink after he finished work.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think postie's have been worked off their feet for the last year or so, so he was probably totally knackered, but fucking hell!

What a cunt. 

I don't agree with the paper putting *Do you know who this postman is?*  in the article though. He should face disciplinary action, but not doxxing in a national newspaper. 

2 minutes ago, Reck B said:

I think @spunko may have had a bad delivery experience with Herpes. (or maybe actual herpes?)

I think we all have, had a bad delivery experience I mean. 

It's debatable which is worse though tbh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

People are people.

Some are nice, some less so.

both types are to be found in all occupations, to various degrees.

[I'd add that people who proclaim themselves to be nice are often not the nicest people, and that people that look nasty are sometimes the nicest of them all]

Edited by dgul
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Shocking. 
My uncle was a postman and but waited to go for a drink after he finished work

I should add... Before you get the wrong impression: he would definitely have helped the old dear. Jumped in a canal a few weeks back and pulled out a child who'd fallen in, not bad considering he's touching 70.

Edited by Roger_Mellie
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Not necessarily.

Back in the day my dad hid his post trolley, went for a drink and forgot about it for 2 days.xD

Obviously gone by the time he remembered. Told his boss and he just said 'don't worry about it'. No more said.

That's where my postal order from Aunt Dot went!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, spunko said:

Yay, someone finally found it. It took a lot longer than I thought for someone to notice :D

I was actually trying to post about H e r m e s, the Roman God. I posted and saw the "typo", bugger, edited it, WHAT am I getting old same typo again, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

I think postie's have been worked off their feet for the last year or so, so he was probably totally knackered, but fucking hell!

What a cunt. 

I don't agree with the paper putting *Do you know who this postman is?*  in the article though. He should face disciplinary action, but not doxxing in a national newspaper. 

Why...???

Never mind the moral and emotional rights and wrongs of this case, how can you face disciplinary action for ignoring what's going on around you and carrying on with your job...?

I'm pretty sure that most UK employment contracts would only allow you to help someone if you are on an official break - even if it is implied rather than being explicit...

 

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Why...???

Never mind the moral and emotional rights and wrongs of this case, how can you face disciplinary action for ignoring what's going on around you and carrying on with your job...?

I'm pretty sure that most UK employment contracts would only allow you to help someone if you are on an official break - even if it is implied rather than being explicit...

 

XYY

Seriously?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carl Fimble said:

Seriously?

Yes. Ignore the moral questions - and just ask yourself exactly what disciplinary code has the bloke broken...?

By the likely terms and conditions of his employment, I believe that he has acted in his own best interests legally by carrying on with his job and not getting involved. 

I agree entirely that he is a cunt of the highest order - but what can his employers actually discipline him for...?

 

XYY

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Yes. Ignore the moral questions - and just ask yourself exactly what disciplinary code has the bloke broken...?

By the likely terms and conditions of his employment, I believe that he has acted in his own best interests legally by carrying on with his job and not getting involved. 

I agree entirely that he is a cunt of the highest order - but what can his employers actually discipline him for...?

 

XYY

Agreed. If being a cunt was a sackable offence half the forum would be out of work!

However I suspect they'll find some reason to get rid of him - remember when the banker got the sack for getting a blowjob off one of his girlfriend's "mates" while she was out of town and he was on the phone to her? From memory she stopped for a minute and mouthed "say hi from me" or some such thing. He was at home on his own time, and was fired....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...