DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

They didn't call it that, did they?

1 minute ago, invalid said:

Why not use glass bottles and add £1 to the price refundable on return of the bottle which is then reused (reuse being better than recycle)

Many products used to use reuseable bottles. Milk, lemonade, beer. It always struck me as a good idea.

But I guess it's just uneconomical, otherwise it would happen.

4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Many products used to use reuseable bottles. Milk, lemonade, beer. It always struck me as a good idea.

But I guess it's just uneconomical, otherwise it would happen.

Here's something for you - it's all marketing. 

Next time you're in the supermarket look at the price of mayonnaise or ketchup in a glass bottle vs a squeeze bottle. The stuff in the glass jar is much cheaper, despite the glass itself being more expensive. 

Coca-Cola are the biggest purchasers globally of PET I've worked with them on renewable packaging, theyre taking it very seriously, but it's a big job. 

12 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I've started making my own pop, Lemon & Ginger works great as does Blueberry, each bottle contains 2 very heaped teaspoons of sugar which all turns to 1% alcohol & bubbles.

Zero sugar pop that tastes great and is more fizzy than the sugary or chemical filled stuff from the shops.

Sounds good, got a recipe of two you'd be willing to share?

10 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Next time you're in the supermarket look at the price of mayonnaise or ketchup in a glass bottle vs a squeeze bottle. The stuff in the glass jar is much cheaper, despite the glass itself being more expensive. 

Hmm, I notice the ketchup in the glass jar is usually more expensive, as is the cola. Mind you, I haven't been to a supermarket for 6 months.

10 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Hmm, I notice the ketchup in the glass jar is usually more expensive, as is the cola. Mind you, I haven't been to a supermarket for 6 months.

My next delivery of urine to you will be in a glass bottle. Bugger the higher postage, we all have to care for the environment.

30 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Check on tesco.com. At an equivalent size bottle the stuff in a glass jar is slightly cheaper. 

Way back when I used to give lectures on the value of materials processing and performance I used to use this as an example. It's still true, you're buying the value of a squeezy bottle and Heinz and Hellmans are making more margin. 

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I liked this bit.....

Coca-Cola was ranked the world's number one plastic polluter by charity group Break Free From Plastic last year, closely followed by other drink-producers Pepsi and Nestle.

Well done Coca Cola. I'll never understand the world's love of this disgusting pop.

For putting spirits in 

40 minutes ago, MrPin said:

One other thing... Coca-Cola see themselves as a water company. Their biggest selling product is now Dasani, not coca-cola. It baffles me what people will actually pay for. 

5 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Check on tesco.com. At an equivalent size bottle the stuff in a glass jar is slightly cheaper. 

Way back when I used to give lectures on the value of materials processing and performance I used to use this as an example. It's still true, you're buying the value of a squeezy bottle and Heinz and Hellmans are making more margin. 

I wonder if someone can create squeezy peanut butter...

6 hours ago, MrPin said:

Break Free From Plastic last year, closely followed by other drink-producers Pepsi and Nestle.

Sounds like BS..  are they sure they haven’t just listed all the “evil corporations” that they don’t like?

Who can honestly say they use more plastic coke bottles a week than milk bottles?   If so,   You may have a problem :/

Edited by Libspero
Just now, Libspero said:

Sounds like BS..  are they sure they haven’t just listed all the “evil corporations” that they don’t like?

Who can honestly say they use more plastic coke bottles a week than milk bottle?   If so,   You may have a problem :/

I probably get through 2litres of random pop a week as mixer for the weekend voddy, but never drink milk.

But I don't have a problem...