DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

NuFlu

spygirl

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56050119

A combination of the flu and c19 working its way thru the nursing homes and several 10k of now ex women who worked in retail - sorted.

Adding covid to the soup of winter time infections provides an easy, cheap fix to what to do with 80yo+ Granny sat pissing herself in a ~800/w care home

I can give you a prediction for end of this year - hospitals will be fucking empty.

• Agree 4

sarahbell
50 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56050119

A combination of the flu and c19 working its way thru the nursing homes and several 10k of now ex women who worked in retail - sorted.

Adding covid to the soup of winter time infections provides an easy, cheap fix to what to do with 80yo+ Granny sat pissing herself in a ~800/w care home

I can give you a prediction for end of this year - hospitals will be fucking empty.

If we go back to having flu and then have covid on top. Will each potentailly have 30k deaths, or will we slowly erode the pool of people likely to cark it quicker than we can refill it?

And still no mass campaigns from govt to get people out and moving about and eating less.

• Agree 1

ashestoashes

nah, Hancock is going to make it treatable so we can live with it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9255903/Matt-Hancock-hopes-treatable-virus-disease-live-like-flu.html

Covid CAN be managed like the flu: Matt Hancock hopes 'treatable' virus will become a disease we can 'live with' after all adults are offered a vaccine by September

Edited by ashestoashes
  • Lol 1

sarahbell

How do we treat the flu?

We vaccinate against it and still people die of it.

Apart from this year when we've social distanced, avoided the older folks and washed our hands a bit more.

Stinky Wizzleteats

I'm sure pareto's principle is in full effect in the NHS, with 20% of the people using 80% of the resources. If covid does its job the NHS is going to be much cheaper to run in the future

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

If we go back to having flu and then have covid on top. Will each potentailly have 30k deaths, or will we slowly erode the pool of people likely to cark it quicker than we can refill it?

And still no mass campaigns from govt to get people out and moving about and eating less.

I reckon that the addition of covid will knock off an extra 20% of (poorly) over 70s a year.

Not missing much. And it's just knocking back UK life expectancy 20 years.

Increasing life expectancy for the over 80s isnt a smart - or cheap thing - to do.

Majority of healthy over 75s will be barely affected.

Just going to whack the obese n whinging mobility  scooter crowd.

Edited by spygirl
  • Agree 5

sarahbell
17 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I reckon that the addition of covid will knock off an extra 20% of (poorly) over 70s a year.

Not missing much. And it's just knocking back UK life expectancy 20 years.

Increasing life expectancy for the over 80s isnt a smart - or cheap thing - to do.

Majority of healthy over 75s will be barely affected.

Just going to whack the obese n whinging mobility  scooter crowd.

Financially it might be beneficial to a nation struggling with paying for social care and advanced nursing care.

• Agree 8

7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Financially it might be beneficial to a nation struggling with paying for social care and advanced nursing care.

It's a win win.

Most oaps who be whacked tend to want to be put down.

Quick end for what is a miserable existence.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Carl Fimble
1 hour ago, Stinky Wizzleteats said:

I'm sure pareto's principle is in full effect in the NHS, with 20% of the people using 80% of the resources. If covid does its job the NHS is going to be much cheaper to run in the future

What future?

Fuck the NHS.

• Agree 1

Bus Stop Boxer

Could be that vaxs are weaponising flus, colds and all sorts of other shit.

Im not touching the fucking stuff. Nor is my 86 year old pop.

They are straffing him with invitations at the moment.

• Agree 4

9 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Could be that vaxs are weaponising flus, colds and all sorts of other shit.

Im not touching the fucking stuff. Nor is my 86 year old pop.

They are straffing him with invitations at the moment.

Tell him to stand strong.  It's the outliers that hold the moral high ground, always.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1