Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

Starting to become a more frequent topic of discussion.

I can see that .gov has a problem. If some countries are going to demand proof of vaccination before entry, it is incumbent upon .gov to come up with some system of proof for its citizens.

I don't think they dare go any further than that though.

However, once this evidence exists, businesses could be free to do as they wish. I can see that some pubs and restaurants, especially those with older clientele, may demand them. Indeed SAGA cruises has already done so.

Personally, given the aged population of the Island, I can see huge demand for the two ferry operators to demand proof of vaccination.

I think I might have to buy myself a boat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, and if the vaccine worked like a vaccine is supposed to do the vaccinated wouldn't have to worry about the unvaccinated as they would be immune. So what could possible go wrong with letting t

The more they push this shit - with absolute  shysters like Blair behind it the less likely I am gong to have any sort of vaccine they have to offer, especially as they have purposely sidelined other

Blair's a cunt. Nothing else to add.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Starting to become a more frequent topic of discussion.

I can see that .gov has a problem. If some countries are going to demand proof of vaccination before entry, it is incumbent upon .gov to come up with some system of proof for its citizens.

I don't think they dare go any further than that though.

However, once this evidence exists, businesses could be free to do as they wish. I can see that some pubs and restaurants, especially those with older clientele, may demand them. Indeed SAGA cruises has already done so.

Personally, given the aged population of the Island, I can see huge demand for the two ferry operators to demand proof of vaccination.

I think I might have to buy myself a boat.

They could legislate to Prevent discrimination based on vaccination status.

indeed the Council of Europe has passed the following resolution

https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29004/html

I don’t know how much weight this carries though. The text says, “The Assembly urges member states to...”

I read that resolutions are not legally binding, but are almost always complied with. Reassuring perhaps, but with totalitarian governments which have declared war on their own people, maybe all bets are off?

1C48478D-FFB1-4C61-BC32-ECC3C02DBE2F.jpeg

Edited by Mirror Mirror
Add last para
Link to post
Share on other sites

A quote from The Telegraph:

Quote

Mr Raab said: "It's something that hasn't been ruled out and it's under consideration, but of course you've got to make it workable."

Of course the government have a great track record of making systems workable, just like their recent Test & Trace app.

Maybe just another bit of scaremongering to get people to take up the jab?

Nobody who has been jabbed so far has conceived and given birth to babies.  Until there is proof of that being safe with no mutants popping out, I’ll pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

They could legislate to Prevent discrimination based on vaccination status.

indeed the Council of Europe has passed the following resolution

 https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29004/html

I don’t know how much weight this carries though. The text says, “ The Assembly urges member states to...”

1C48478D-FFB1-4C61-BC32-ECC3C02DBE2F.jpeg

So you are saying that SAGA cruises are breaking the law?

Guess there will be a test case soon enough. If not, I can see the direction of travel (or not travel)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

So you are saying that SAGA cruises are breaking the law?

Guess there will be a test case soon enough. If not, I can see the direction of travel (or not travel)

No, of course not, because no such law yet exists. 

But by only accepting bookings from people who have been vaccinated, they are clearly discriminating against those who haven’t.

If a baker can be had up for refusing to bake a gay wedding cake, then you would think this would be clear cut, but I do of course realise that the state supports gay weddings and covid vaccinations, so again, all bets might be off.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

No, of course not, because no such law yet exists. 

But by only accepting bookings from people who have been vaccinated, they are clearly discriminating against those who haven’t.

If a baker can be had up for refusing to bake a gay wedding cake, then you would think this would be clear cut, but I do of course realise that the state supports gay weddings and covid vaccinations, so again, all bets might be off.

I guess they would have to declare the unvaxed to be a protected group before this could be challenged then?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that you have to wear a mask to visit a supermarket unless you don't want to, I suspect that domestically, the same conditions will prevail for the unvaccinated. Just tell the Bozo on the door that you are unable to be jabbed due to undisclosed medical reasons and you will be allowed in.

Foreign travel may be an issue if vaccination is a condition of entry to your destination, however in the absence of a universal ID system it will be difficult to implement and impossible to prevent fraud. Totalitarian states like Australia and New Zealand may be off limits, but there will be many countries where the virus is endemic and perhaps herd immunity has already been achieved, that will be desperate for the tourist $ and therefore more relaxed. Perhaps a cheap, reliable test before you board your ship or aircraft will become the norm.

It is worth remembering that the vaccines do not provide immunity or prevent transmission so possession of your gold star vaccine stamp in your passport will not prevent you from exporting the UK virus to the rest of the world.

Edited by Micky Roberts
Punctuation
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Micky Roberts said:

Given that you have to wear a mask to visit a supermarket unless you don't want to, I suspect that domestically, the same conditions will prevail for the unvaccinated. Just tell the Bozo on the door that you are unable to be jabbed due to undisclosed medical reasons and you will be allowed in.

I wish I had your faith. Unless it is illegal to discriminate against the unvaxed, I can see businesses trying to make it a selling point.

And wait until you see what will happen to travel insurance premiums for the unjabbed.

Where there is money to be made, equality will be thrown under the bus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

I wish I had your faith. Unless it is illegal to discriminate against the unvaxed, I can see businesses trying to make it a selling point.

As I understand it around 25% of the population are expected to say no to Vaccination.

If this is the case, and some firms do not want the business of the unvaccinated, then it opens business opportunities for somebody else.

Its the beauty of capitalism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

I wish I had your faith. Unless it is illegal to discriminate against the unvaxed, I can see businesses trying to make it a selling point.

And wait until you see what will happen to travel insurance premiums for the unjabbed.

Where there is money to be made, equality will be thrown under the bus.

So they won't let the unjabbed in to the UK, can't see that happening.

As the jab doesn't really work in a travel scenario they may as well just ban anyone over 60 from flying anywhere along with anyone whose BMI is over 30 or who has any sort of lung condition.

The Vaccine is an over simplification for the consumption of the unthinking and stupid, you may as well believe in magic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

Here's a rather large elephant in the room...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/14/vaccine-rollout-caution-some-health-workers-england

One of the most striking results in the study, which has yet to be peer-reviewed, came from an analysis of vaccination status by occupation. While uptake was highest – at 73% – in those in administrative and executive roles, doctors had the lowest rate of vaccination, at only 57%.

Just wait till they get to the engineers, Stalin rounded them up along with the doctors and lawyers.

He knew that the intelligent and questioning were the ones who saw through him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

Here's a rather large elephant in the room...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/14/vaccine-rollout-caution-some-health-workers-england

One of the most striking results in the study, which has yet to be peer-reviewed, came from an analysis of vaccination status by occupation. While uptake was highest – at 73% – in those in administrative and executive roles, doctors had the lowest rate of vaccination, at only 57%.

Quote

The rollout of vaccines at the trust began in the second week of December 2020, peaked in mid-January, and has been declining since. Khunti and his colleagues found that 65% of 19,044 healthcare workers had received at least one shot of a Covid vaccine, but the figure masked substantial differences in uptake. While 71% of white staff had had the shot, only 59% of south Asians and 37% of black staff had received the vaccine.

I know I shouldn't titter, but...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

As I understand it around 25% of the population are expected to say no to Vaccination.

If this is the case, and some firms do not want the business of the unvaccinated, then it opens business opportunities for somebody else.

Its the beauty of capitalism.

That's my hope. Figures in the week suggested that 85% of cruise ship passengers wanted a vaxed only ship.

I would rather spend time on a boat with the other 15%, and hopefully that will be an option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

doctors had the lowest rate of vaccination, at only 57%.

This says all that we need to know....

These people understand the risks of the virus and are aware of the potential dangers of vaccines that have not been subjected to long term trials, and they are voting with their feet.

Good for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

That's my hope. Figures in the week suggested that 85% of cruise ship passengers wanted a vaxed only ship.

I would rather spend time on a boat with the other 15%, and hopefully that will be an option.

Ignoring the rights and wrongs of a Covid vaccine - I would much rather spend time with the other 15% as they are more likely to be much more interesting characters.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

And for the love of God I wish that cunt Blair would fuck off and die under whatever rock he crawled from under.

He keeps sticking his head above the parapet about this describing it as "inevitable". The fucking Marxist cunt has been after this for twenty years. His desperation for it suggest he only has sinister intentions. Just fuck off Blair.

+1 for this - quoted as a it's worth repeating. For our younger readers Google/DuckDuck Tony bLiar + "Iraq war WMD are real" and/or "protests about National Identity (ID) cards" decades ago 

:PissedOff:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andersen said:

+1 for this - quoted as a it's worth repeating. For our younger readers Google/DuckDuck Tony bLiar + "Iraq war WMD are real" and/or "protests about National Identity (ID) cards" decades ago 

If a political party only had one policy - prosecute Tony Blair - then I would vote for them.

Edited by Bornagain
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Just wait till they get to the engineers, Stalin rounded them up along with the doctors and lawyers.

He knew that the intelligent and questioning were the ones who saw through him.

By making chess a state sponsored sport, the Soviets gave the smart guys a nice earner in return for them not rocking the boat.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...