DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Vaccine passports

Wight Flight

Wight Flight
7 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Brighouse?

Bamber Bridge?

Just brig.

It is the prison on a ship.

Some of the older ones still have them, others use a spare cabin.

stop_the_craziness
On 12/09/2021 at 17:03, Wight Flight said:

No. It is a loss.

Yesterday you could take your unjabbed children on holiday without worry.

From next week you can't.

How can you see that as a win? Don't look where they want you to look, the real issues are happening elsewhere.

For some reason your post didn't really sink in for me until today.  You are quite right, the headline story on that day shouldn't have been either the rollback of domestic passports or the proposed scrapping of PCR tests for jabbed holiday-makers.  It should have been "Government to extend travel restrictions to all over-12s"

• Agree 2
  • Informative 4

stop_the_craziness
2 hours ago, Rowley said:

Looking at this money grabbing parasite cashing in on a vax pass company (promo video on the page too from him).

Why can’t they stick to selling dodgy timeshares in Dubai?

Harry’s vax pass

Harry’s promo vid

586D004A-5C94-4789-B4A9-4897620E4575.png

And there was me thinking Bet Victor ads were the lowest place he could descend to.  I was wrong.

• Agree 3
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 2

This in the press today.

While hated vaccine passports will be shelved for now - Mr Johnson warned they could be suddenly introduced with a week's notice.

Covid certification would then be required for all nightclubs, any indoor venue with more than 500 people, any outdoor settings with more than 1,000 people.

Weeks notice so no one can rebel and extended to all venues over 500 people.  

Conservative party conference is 3rd–6th October 2021, so what's the betting.  

Edited by feed
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Bedrag Justesen

C4 News Political Editor Gary Gibbon relayed this tonight as a party for Conservatives requiring a QR code for entry.

Many refused to do so and the party fell flat.

At that point the Tories realised they would have to rely on Labour should Vaccine Certification come to a vote.

On 12/09/2021 at 12:33, Wight Flight said:

David Davis was saying that there was a number 10 garden party last weekend.

The invite said vax passports will need to be shown. Apparently a lot of people said in that case they wouldn't attend. They had to back track on the vax pass requirement.

Wake up moment?

Edited by Bedrag Justesen
  • Informative 3

The Grey Man
15 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

If Labour goes for Vaccine Certification they have sold the last of the working classes out, for good, they have done nothing over the last 2 years.

I remember when Politics was fun, its just a bunch of cunts lining their pockets or pushing their own minority causes.

I shall stop typing before I have a spike protein induced stroke.

And if they do I suspect an unofficial group will eventually arise, in the next few years,that I imagine wont be on a ballot form initially.

A long chat today with a colleague I oft work with.

More and more have this sussed, they just struggle to find a "safe place" to discuss.

Mirror Mirror

I see that free lateral flow tests will be phased out at some unspecified date in the future.

Ive been expecting this since they announced that a home test would be sufficient to get a green tick on your VP. Difficult not to believe that for the coming winter, either your jabs and boosters are up to date, or you’ll need to pay for a test if you want to, work, travel, go to the footy, eat out? go to the pub? leave your house?

• Agree 8

42 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

I see that free lateral flow tests will be phased out at some unspecified date in the future.

Ive been expecting this since they announced that a home test would be sufficient to get a green tick on your VP. Difficult not to believe that for the coming winter, either your jabs and boosters are up to date, or you’ll need to pay for a test if you want to, work, travel, go to the footy, eat out? go to the pub? leave your house?

Maybe a good time to stock up and hoard them for the winter like bio squirrels.

I'm not sure though businesses will be best pleased if their staff might be coming back in and spreading.... especially the asymptomatic ones (ie the vaxed ones).

Mirror Mirror
1 minute ago, Ninja said:

Maybe a good time to stock up and hoard them for the winter like bio squirrels.

I'm not sure though businesses will be best pleased if their staff might be coming back in and spreading.... especially the asymptomatic ones (ie the vaxed ones).

I’ve already done so, but I expect any old stock of the ‘free’ tests will be made obsolete by means of the qr codes.

• Agree 4

On 06/09/2021 at 07:23, Bornagain said:

In lates 1930's Germany the concenus was in firmly in favour of rounding up the Jews and throwing them in concentraction camps.

This concensus was achieved by the use of propaganda.

Sometimes the consensus is just plain wrong.

They were also all in an echo chamber right? Everyone going along with it. The people making teh decisions were certainly all aligned.. so my point is the echochamber is bad. 

Many countries (like all of them pretty much) were openly critical of what was going on whereas right now the concensus seems to be cross border. 

Not entirely sure everyone was aware of exactly what was really going on in Germany... or by the time they were it was too late. 

Also, we're talking about consensus here of the medical profession and scientists across the world rather than politicians so how would the most egregious crime against humanity be comparable to this?

On 06/09/2021 at 04:26, Mirror Mirror said:

While I tend to agree with your argument here, and it’s been backed up by numerous cases of the ‘majority who have done the wrong thing’ being compensated (buying overpriced houses, endowments, PPI), all these things are financial in nature, which is the usual way governments and business attempt to influence our decisions.

I can’t think of another example when they have gone to such lengths to try to persuade us to accept medical procedures being carried out on us, particularly ones with unknown longer term consequences. It’s difficult to see how the majority (which I don’t believe to be anywhere 90%) could be adequately compensated, in the event of some problem with the vaccines emerging over the mid - long term.

Of course if the problem affects enough people that it causes societal collapse and a Mad Max scenario, then life may not be worth living for the survivors, but then I always have the option of suicide up my sleeve.

Similarly, if it turns out there’s no problem, I can get injected at any time of my choosing.

I still see the risk of being an ‘early adopter’ to be almost exclusively on the downside.

While it is true that nobody knows the long term effects it is reasonable to say the same for becoming infected with Coronavirus and developing Covid. While the jabs isn't 100% effective it is good at lowering the risk. 

So the decision is running the risk of exposure to the virus and the (admittedly small) risk of developing complications versus the (vanishing small) risk of having a nasty side effect from the vaccine. 

Some believe it's a conspiracy, like 911, or aliens, or the sinking of the Titanic for an insurance claim but, like the moon landings, how would such a conspiracy arise and how would whatever is planned in the 'plandemic' be kept secret? 

But I am interested in your reasoning. How early is an early adopter? How long would be required for you to be satisfied that the long term risks are smaller (or not) than risking the virus? 

On the up side things feel virtually back to normal don't they? I'm just waiting for them to remove the tests for flying and I'm cool. 

• Lol 1

The Grey Man
4 minutes ago, Adarmo said:

While it is true that nobody knows the long term effects it is reasonable to say the same for becoming infected with Coronavirus and developing Covid. While the jabs isn't 100% effective it is good at lowering the risk. 

So the decision is running the risk of exposure to the virus and the (admittedly small) risk of developing complications versus the (vanishing small) risk of having a nasty side effect from the vaccine. 

Some believe it's a conspiracy, like 911, or aliens, or the sinking of the Titanic for an insurance claim but, like the moon landings, how would such a conspiracy arise and how would whatever is planned in the 'plandemic' be kept secret? 

But I am interested in your reasoning. How early is an early adopter? How long would be required for you to be satisfied that the long term risks are smaller (or not) than risking the virus? 

On the up side things feel virtually back to normal don't they? I'm just waiting for them to remove the tests for flying and I'm cool. 

Yes.

I dream of the stats last summer.

40 minutes ago, Adarmo said:

They were also all in an echo chamber right? Everyone going along with it. The people making teh decisions were certainly all aligned.. so my point is the echochamber is bad. 

Many countries (like all of them pretty much) were openly critical of what was going on whereas right now the concensus seems to be cross border. 

Yes, we have a cross border echo chamber.

Bus Stop Boxer
On 14/09/2021 at 21:09, stop_the_craziness said:

And there was me thinking Bet Victor ads were the lowest place he could descend to.  I was wrong.

• Lol 1

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, Adarmo said:

Classic.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

10 hours ago, Adarmo said:

It doesn't need to be planned. A lot of governments are trying similar things only through FEAR of not being seen to do that same thing in case it works or people simply asking "but why is everyone else is doing XYZ?". 

Look how Sweden was criticized for only doing a very light lockdowns and broadly got away with it.

If some measure doesn't work it's harder to tell if everyone else did the same, as the control sample element is missing. Back to the FEAR issue again.

Are things returning to normal? In theory yes but in practice no.

• Agree 1

So it appears that today travel announcement will favour double-vaccined travellers i.e. no need to quarantine on return [or at home rather than expensive government approved hotel] to the UK and LFD/antibody test in place of PCR tests....how can they justify this [they can't!] when with a vaccine you can be an asymptomatic/lower level carrier and so less likely to be detected by the less sensitive LFD test?...once again, this is a 'nudge'/compulsory vaccination by stealth

I also note Boris's resistance when talking about Covid passports, always using the word 'Certificate'....the guy is a fraud!

• Agree 11

And now Wales...which means NI is a dead cert too as out local politicians, and to be fair most of population, are eating this shit up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-58596128

"People in Wales will need to show a pass proving they have been fully vaccinated or had a negative Covid test to attend clubs and large-scale events.

The new rules begin on 11 October.

Customers will be able to use an NHS Covid Pass to show they have been vaccinated, or had a negative lateral flow test in the past 48 hours.

The pass will be needed for clubs, indoor no-seating events with more than 500 people and outdoor no-seating events with more than 4,000 people.

It will also be required for any event with more than 10,000 people."

Edited by JoeDavola