DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Vaccine passports

Wight Flight

Reddit can't admit that the summer herd immunity approach worked in UK, and formerly smug Europe and Oz/NZ are screwed.

On a 5year timescale, we'll end up with pretty similar infection stats across all western countries, just with some having done more self inflicted harm on their citizens than others.

If masks actually did work it would be more immoral to wear them and delay the wave

Edited by JohnnyB
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1

15 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Waste of time. It’s the kind of venue run by and frequented by folk who fully support passports. The rest will tolerate them. I doubt even as much as 1% of their clientele will make a stand in the way I have by withdrawing their custom.

i'll disagree Joe.
Its the kind of venue who wont get any business from their usual clientelle without mentioning all of the above.
People are staying away from arts venues because there are no checks,
Look at the facebook feeds of all the places, full of dickheads (including some of my friends) saying 'Ohh I felt safe' 'checks made me feel safe'
I know two people who think its all bollocks but have to post that sort of shite or nobody would come to their events/cafes.

Wasnt checked again at Anfield last night, they have enough problems dealing with their new google play ticket passes ffs. Imagine the queues trying to eyeball 55k people and ids and text messages or nhs pass or reading a4 covid paper passes.

Fucking nonsense.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, eight said:

I hope you hadn't gone for a piss when Thiago scored.

Did, just after ;-)
Was funny, saw a premier league goal of the month from about 10 years ago and every single goal was a screamer from outside the box. Was just saying before the game we dont do enough of that any more ;-)

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

i'll disagree Joe.
Its the kind of venue who wont get any business from their usual clientelle without mentioning all of the above.
People are staying away from arts venues because there are no checks,
Look at the facebook feeds of all the places, full of dickheads (including some of my friends) saying 'Ohh I felt safe' 'checks made me feel safe'

It sounds like we are agreeing in fact, or if anything you just think things are even worse than I do - that they'll actually overall gain business by being more authoritatian rather than lose it.

And the sad thing is you're probably right. There's a fair amount of rich boomers go to the QFT and they're both terrified of the coof and in love with all the restrictions. Similarly any lefty bedwetting student types who go.

Usually 'get away' at Christmas fro a short city break. Looked at the requirements across European countries for unvaccinated and thought "Fuc£ it, I can't be bothered with all this messing about!"....wonder how many others have felt the same?

• Agree 8

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

It sounds like we are agreeing in fact, or if anything you just think things are even worse than I do - that they'll actually overall gain business by being more authoritatian rather than lose it.

And the sad thing is you're probably right. There's a fair amount of rich boomers go to the QFT and they're both terrified of the coof and in love with all the restrictions. Similarly any lefty bedwetting student types who go.

They are absolutely crapping themselves. No state support now, will be carnage if there are any more restrictions without support and/or bad winter (cold/electricity wise) or more fear mongering of surges or new vaccine resistant variants.

Down south have already implemented a citizens income for artists, but that doesnt include the venues, contractors, coffee shop subcontractors etc etc.

5 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

They are absolutely crapping themselves. No state support now, will be carnage if there are any more restrictions without support and/or bad winter (cold/electricity wise) or more fear mongering of surges or new vaccine resistant variants.

Right so do you the impression that venues like the QFT are actualy afraid of either forced closure by the state, or a populace that is too scared by the state/media to go anywhere near them? With all the fear mongering recently I wouldn't be surpsied if lots of people esp older ones just decide not to go anywhere near a venue like a cinema until the spring/summer.

5 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Down south have already implemented a citizens income for artists

Fucking hell. Had to google that:

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/basic-income-scheme-for-artists-art-workers-to-be-piloted-in-2022-1.4698533

...gonna be a lot of people in Ireland suddenly deciding they're full time artists now and just sitting at home drinking themselves to death on government money.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Right so do you the impression that venues like the QFT are actualy afraid of either forced closure by the state, or a populace that is too scared by the state/media to go anywhere near them? With all the fear mongering recently I wouldn't be surpsied if lots of people esp older ones just decide not to go anywhere near a venue like a cinema until the spring/summer.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/basic-income-scheme-for-artists-art-workers-to-be-piloted-in-2022-1.4698533

...gonna be a lot of people in Ireland suddenly deciding they're full time artists now and just sitting at home drinking themselves to death on government money.

Replace populace with their usual clientelle and thats my overwhelming impression. Its the clientelle and either their true beliefs or what they have to be seen to be doing thats the issue (or combination).

The general populace dont go to any of these venues. Its also the being seen to not be a risk is also the problem.
Ive a client in the arts and when I meet them for coffee in town its masks on all sorts of nonsense as we are seen quite often by other arts people. Fuck sake it was sit outside with flasks of coffee at one point! They dont believe the narrative either but they have to be seen to be complying.

Ive mentioned the event I was at last month where masks, sanitiser, socially distanced at a public hotel. Private champagne event that night with no likelihood of public or press attendance and none of that shit, thank you very much. Night event organiser told me they cant get people to wear masks at the closed events and they are the ones in the frame for a fine if they do, but who is going to report them at one of these?

• Informative 1

4 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

The general populace dont go to any of these venues.

Yeah that's a good point the vast majority of the population of this country have never been to the QFT, never mind being the sort who would go there on a regular basis.

What a shame the tiny percentage of the population who do are nuts and are going to ruin it for the likes of me.

Ah well; yet another part of the economy for me to withdraw my custom from.

Edited by JoeDavola

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Yeah that's a good point the vast majority of the population of this country have never been to the QFT, never mind being the sort who would go there on a regular basis.

What a shame the tiny percentage of the population who do are nuts and are going to ruin it for the likes of me.

Ah well; yet another part of the economy for me to withdraw my custom from.

Shitload of dvds, projector, screen, beer, make a pot of curry/chilli.
Invite your mates round.

Thats what Ive been doing, probably not going back to the qft/cinema which is a shame but Ive moved on.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, belfastchild said:

Shitload of dvds, projector, screen, beer, make a pot of curry/chilli.
Invite your mates round.

Thats what Ive been doing, probably not going back to the qft/cinema which is a shame but Ive moved on.

Yeah my mate asked me last night if I fancied a night out before Christmas.

He is 100% pro vaxx/pro mask/pro vaccine passport and thinks I'm jabbed. I don't want to have the awkward conversation with him about not being able to show a vaccine pass, and more to the point refusing to do so on principle.

So I just said to him "I don't feel safe going to crowded spaces given the recent news, so lets all just have an evening at your house" which he agreed is safer. It's actually more fun too - I'll bring a ton of booze, he can sort the food and he's got a great sound system. Far better fun than showing your papers to cram into a pub for 6 quid a pint.

• Agree 2

Bus Stop Boxer
21 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm suddenly feeling musical again!

Come on Sunak, "fund" me you cunt.

The world needs some more "my birds left me, everything's terrible, i'm really sensitive, i think ill get in to Jack Kerouac, vaccines are great" obvious minor chord progression type tunes.

I just need a guitar that looks like a Banjolele and i'm good.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

If I can get me a wee arts grant I'll be dedicating the next 3 years to writing a prog rock concept album on a bloke who meets a woman on a dating site only to have her shit her pants in a pub several dates in.

"The Brown Side of the Moon"

You need to move south of the border:

"Income earned by writers, composers, visual artists and sculptors from the sale of their works is exempt from tax in Ireland in certain circumstances. Artistic works that are original and creative and generally recognised as having cultural or artistic merit can qualify"

I think you're  idea would qualify.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/income_tax/artists_exemption_from_income_tax.html#:~:text=Income earned by writers%2C composers,or artistic merit can qualify.

• Agree 1

Hail the Tripod
46 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Ive a client in the arts and when I meet them for coffee in town its masks on all sorts of nonsense as we are seen quite often by other arts people.

Societal norms are becoming so insanely divergent. At the kids football club, people who still bump elbows rather than shake hands are starting to be considered a little eccentric.

24 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

If I can get me a wee arts grant I'll be dedicating the next 3 years to writing a prog rock concept album on a bloke who meets a woman on a dating site only to have her shit her pants in a pub several dates in.

"The Brown Side of the Moon"

Lucy in the sky with diapers.

• Lol 7
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

At some point, for the vaxxed only…

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Societal norms are becoming so insanely divergent. At the kids football club, people who still bump elbows rather than shake hands are starting to be considered a little eccentric.

Lucy in the sky with diapers.

Shitty, titty, bang bang?

• Lol 3

53 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yeah my mate asked me last night if I fancied a night out before Christmas.

He is 100% pro vaxx/pro mask/pro vaccine passport and thinks I'm jabbed. I don't want to have the awkward conversation with him about not being able to show a vaccine pass, and more to the point refusing to do so on principle.

So I just said to him "I don't feel safe going to crowded spaces given the recent news, so lets all just have an evening at your house" which he agreed is safer. It's actually more fun too - I'll bring a ton of booze, he can sort the food and he's got a great sound system. Far better fun than showing your papers to cram into a pub for 6 quid a pint.

I gate crashed the Belfast Christmas Market today with my Son and my ex.

Guy was glancing at anything people were showing and not asking anyone for papers so we just walked in.

A small victory 😄

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 5

6 minutes ago, dillinger said:

Guy was glancing at anything people were showing and not asking anyone for papers so we just walked in.

A small victory 😄

There will be a lot of this.

You've got a job to do that you don't necessarily agree with or just don't care about, and little/no supervision, so just do it half arsed or in a performative way.

Edited by Boglet
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, dillinger said:

A small victory 😄

In town now just passed the market queues the full length he of the city hall and given the speed people were heading in the checks can’t have been too thorough.

45 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

In town now just passed the market queues the full length he of the city hall and given the speed people were heading in the checks can’t have been too thorough.

Security Guard was bothering checking,  nodded if anyone flashed anything. 

Was at the Queens Cafe,  steak not as seasoned and as tasty as before, its just reopened.  Just ok.

I blame the unvaxxed. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, dillinger said:

Security Guard was bothering checking,  nodded if anyone flashed anything. 

Was at the Queens Cafe,  steak not as seasoned and as tasty as before, its just reopened.  Just ok.

I blame the unvaxxed. 

Currently sat in the Odeon cinema. Last time I tried to get in not long after the lockdown started I was stopped at the door and asked for my details. Was able to walk in today, show my ticket and enter the screen without any track and trace bollocks.

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Currently sat in the Odeon cinema. Last time I tried to get in not long after the lockdown started I was stopped at the door and asked for my details. Was able to walk in today, show my ticket and enter the screen without any track and trace bollocks.

Enjoy as they will be asking for proof of your vax status next time. :)