DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Vaccine passports

Wight Flight

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, tlc said:

Yep I was way ahead of you Wighty! :P

Ah. My bad.

I did look back a few pages, but you were obviously so far ahead of us we all got bored of it.

😁😁

• Lol 1

2 hours ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

Sounds more like nudge unit 'behavioural science'. Flip flop between yes and no to create fear and further division.

Leading to possibly more reluctant Vax uptake from the undecided, refuseniks, bammies as their imaginations begin to tell them they can't work, travel, buy food without a vax passport.

Then the 9 groups finish and it becomes the new flu jab over 50+ and the above reluctant consenters are like FML

Hold the line

Really good point... The amount of behaviour scientists and psycjologists that were disclosed as working for a branch of sage or connected to the vaccine roll out is massive.  And that's just those who agreed to be identified iirc.

I still hold out hope the wheels are coming off this shit show.  For those that are pressing for a future of constant, basically mandatory jabbing, the present batch and delivery better not start having side effects and complications.

Meanwhile it seems a lot of places may have quite a large percentage of population with antibodies when tested, whilst cases and hospitalisations have in step dropped... Maybe Merck correct in arguing that natural immunity better, common sense tells you it is for most.  (Obviously it helps there bottom line and strategy going forward focusing on treatment but doesn't discount that it's the correct course).

I saw in Kathmandu they are back to normal, cases right down etc despite no vaccination etc.  Just another anecdote but yeah you do wonder are they just not rich enough to be on the radar etc for now.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/11/its-as-if-theres-no-covid-nepal-defies-pandemic-amid-a-broken-economy

Hopefully more are ready to call this shit out if gets too serious and derailed.  I saw Judy Murray, mother of tennis star Andy, twatted how much she liked this twatter "Bernie's tweets".  It was something about nature but most of her posts are questioning the current policy etc so I took as a nod of approval etc.

Another twatter I started following last few days is James Melville, some Scottish journalist I don't think I'm familiar with, anyway like his cartoon he twatted below 

sketch-1613334497015.png

sketch-1613334427176.png

• Agree 6

Democorruptcy
3 minutes ago, tlc said:

Yep I was way ahead of you Wighty! :P

I think there's at least another one but it's a bit more cryptic and doesn't include 'passport' in the title

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Ah. My bad.

I did look back a few pages, but you were obviously so far ahead of us we all got bored of it.

😁😁

@spunko should sort this shit out the lazy fecker xD

• Lol 1

1 minute ago, whitevanman said:

I'm not having it. If it means no travel, no work and no food then so be it. You have to draw the line somewhere. I was put of this earth by the Creator and I don't need anyone else's permission to exist.

You can still get online deliveries.

36 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I remember several of my mates at college voted for him and thought he was amazing..  new paradigm,  people’s man..  sticking it to the evil Tories.   Tony really cares you know..

Then within his first couple of weeks he screwed them all over with university tuition fees.   Fuck me they were pissed.

How I laughed 9_9

Except I had to pay them too..  ¬¬

I was full of naivity too, he was the breath of fresh air after the stale corruption of the conservative previous administration .... I even voted for the fucker.  The first and last time I have ever voted Liebore.

Fuck all of them. A plague on all their houses.

• Agree 8

Wight Flight

At least if your Carbollic smoke ball didn't ward of the lurgy you could claim £100.

We seem to have regressed.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JFK said:

I even voted for the fucker.

Not me. In 1996 our union had a vote for some action. I can't remember what it was over but do remember our local shop steward telling the new Liebore leaders aka B'Lair et al had ordered the vote for action be pulled lest it spook potential BLair voters in 97.  Thus I never voted for B'Lair or nu LieBore.

John Smith was both a massive and suspicious loss.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 2

3 minutes ago, tlc said:

Not me. In 1996 our union had a vote for some action. I can't remember what it was over but do remember our local shop steward telling the new Liebore leaders aka B'Lair et al had ordered the vote for action be pulled lest it spook potential BLair voters in 97.  Thus I never voted for B'Lair or nu LieBore.

It's an absolute tragedy that John Smith wasn't around to be leader. Things could have been better.

• Agree 6

16 minutes ago, JFK said:

It's an absolute tragedy that John Smith wasn't around to be leader. Things could have been better.

Absolutely. His death was a terrible loss for the country.

Edited by tlc
  • Agree 5

MrLibertyRedux
24 minutes ago, tlc said:

Yes. You could almost imagine if it had fitted better he may well have gone for a walk in the woods.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Yes. You could almost imagine if it had fitted better he may well have gone for a walk in the woods.

C)A Hrt Atck G_n

• Informative 1

56 minutes ago, tlc said:

The grimace on the portrait of Tony Blair that he keeps under a cover in his attic became noticeably more nasty on 12th May 1994.

• Agree 1

The Generation Game
2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

At least if your Carbollic smoke ball didn't ward of the lurgy you could claim £100.

We seem to have regressed.

That line is like an accountant calling card. 😂

• Cheers 1

Caravan Monster
3 hours ago, JFK said:

I was full of naivity too, he was the breath of fresh air after the stale corruption of the conservative previous administration .... I even voted for the fucker.  The first and last time I have ever voted Liebore.

Fuck all of them. A plague on all their houses.

I was at university too and voted for the party of the Anglo Trump. Before his time and I suspect less of a nice guy than Trump. Quite a political legacy in that support for Goldsmith's Referendum Party forced the main political parties to agree to a referendum on joining the Euro, which they avoided for nearly 20 years until Cameron thought he would get a Referendum to join the EU past us ignorant bigots xD Shame he didn't live long enough to make more of a mark in British politics, in debates Goldsmith would have wiped the floor with today's feeble crop of MPs.

Goldsmith's Referendum Party played a part in pushing Tony Blair towards a more cautious view on Europe 

• Agree 4

From the Telegraph:

Vaccine passports are not being considered for domestic use, Matt Hancock has confirmed, after Dominic Raab sparked concern with his comments over the weekend.

The Foreign Secretary suggested the Government was looking at the use of domestic vaccine passports being required to enter shops, pubs and restaurants, but the Health Secretary insisted this is not the case.

But Mr Hancock did say that countries were "actively floating" them as a concept for international travel.

The Health Secretary said: "Some countries around the world are considering bringing in rules saying you can only travel if you have been vaccinated. They are actively floating these ideas

"In that case it will be important for people to show they have been vaccinated in order to travel. We are working with countries around the world... we want Brits to be able to travel to those countries."

Bornagain
17 minutes ago, Stuffed said:

From the Telegraph:

From the Telegraph:

Vaccine passports are not being considered for domestic use, Matt Hancock has confirmed, after Dominic Raab sparked concern with his comments over the weekend.

The Foreign Secretary suggested the Government was looking at the use of domestic vaccine passports being required to enter shops, pubs and restaurants, but the Health Secretary insisted this is not the case.

But Mr Hancock did say that countries were "actively floating" them as a concept for international travel.

The Health Secretary said: "Some countries around the world are considering bringing in rules saying you can only travel if you have been vaccinated. They are actively floating these ideas

"In that case it will be important for people to show they have been vaccinated in order to travel. We are working with countries around the world... we want Brits to be able to travel to those countries."

Expand   Expand  

As much as I would like to believe this, the Government have become so used to telling lies, that it is no longer sensible to believe anything they say.

Even if they were committed to not having Vaccine Passports, all it would take is one Daily Mail headline screaming for Vaccine Passports for entry into a supermarkets and they would be back on the agenda.

That is the way of Government these days.

Edited by Bornagain
  • Agree 3

MrLibertyRedux
21 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

From the Telegraph:

As much as I would like to believe this, the Government have become so used to telling lies, that it is no longer sensible to believe anything they say.

Even if they were committed to not having Vaccine Passports, all it would take is one Daily Mail headline screaming for Vaccine Passports for entry into a supermarkets and they would be back on the agenda.

I can almost hear the focus group meeting of the Behavioural Insights Team as I type...

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

Bingo! It's clear the Gov't policy is working on a cycle of "announce plans" - see what the response is on social media / press - confirm the plans or release a "we weren't serious - it will never happen" statement as appropriate.

• Agree 3

Mirror Mirror
20 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I can almost hear the focus group meeting of the Behavioural Insights Team as I type...

Yep.

Lots on Twitter saying the suggestion by Raab was done to normalise the idea of vaccine passports for international travel, and I agree with them.

Suggest an idea. Suggest a more extreme version. Climb down from the extreme version and people are happy with the original idea.

Psy Ops 101. Oldest trick in the book.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
  • Agree 9

Democorruptcy
31 minutes ago, Andersen said:

Bingo! It's clear the Gov't policy is working on a cycle of "announce plans" - see what the response is on social media / press - confirm the plans or release a "we weren't serious - it will never happen" statement as appropriate.

This is definitely what they do, social media forms governbankment policy. The problem is that the people most likely to object to things like an invasion of privacy like health passports, also object to using social media. They don't like things like social media profiling and "off Facebook activity". Therefore things like passports will be pushed through because there won't be enough dissenting voices.

• Agree 3

Presumable vaccine passports won't apply to the usual suspects and Somalians will still arrive in the country as they please?

• Agree 2