Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Vaccine passports


Wight Flight
 Share

Recommended Posts

Red Debt Redemption
14 hours ago, Dogtania said:

Really good point... The amount of behaviour scientists and psycjologists that were disclosed as working for a branch of sage or connected to the vaccine roll out is massive.  And that's just those who agreed to be identified iirc.

The NHS app was the same huge bold letter headlines no food / supermarkets / shopping / cant go anywhere without the mandatory app I tell thee! Leading to a fizzling out in a matter of months with the various fake, ignored, deleted, no tech options.

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

mattydread

No normal people (plebs) will be going overseas ever again.

It's just not going to happen, unfortunately.

I used to do normal/cheapish holidays twice a year (if possible) Aus - Singapore - Thailand.

Bit of a trek to get there, but very chilled after a day or 2, friendly locals & affordable.

Cue, all this bollock's from the last year & no thanks and probably not so friendly locals etc..

 

 

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, choochoo said:

Presumable vaccine passports won't apply to the usual suspects and Somalians will still arrive in the country as they please?

Private jets and dinghies excluded 

  • Agree 3
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

The NHS app was the same huge bold letter headlines no food / supermarkets / shopping / cant go anywhere without the mandatory app I tell thee! Leading to a fizzling out in a matter of months with the various fake, ignored, deleted, no tech options.

Possibly, although that seemed a failure straight away.  Not sure what they were trying to achieve, if it had been thought through, or after seeing it wasn't so great, they just kept it going, quietly rolling it down to save face.

Since police etc were told to switch off I didn't see the point in the first place.  Then I noticed at my work signs up to switch off on entry too.

Just a charade I'm not sure.  Reckon they've stepped up the heat though for the vaccine push... Lots of divisions being fomented.  Both daily fail and BBC wall to wall jab propoganda as far I can tell.

(I checked the last two deliberately this morning...a friend had messaged me saying I shouldn't get or something because I have asthma, went on to say it was over, lots of people getting sick, people speaking out blah blah.   I replied that all sounds very nice but does it match reality, went on to say that I am guilty of maybe being in my own wee bubble listening to people I think are intelligent or have common sense, then extrapolating that to wider population.  FFS he should get a grip, not sure how he still goes as I think he is vocal with everyone I just don't see the point.  Very intelligent IMO maybe bit myopic, but got this idea from what I can tell that he thinks everyone else is as intelligent or sees the same BS as him.  Sorry bit of rant, anyway I genuinely went onto BBC etc to see this "change of tune, vax not good" or even signs of🙄. )

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mirror Mirror
2 hours ago, mattydread said:

No normal people (plebs) will be going overseas ever again.

It's just not going to happen, unfortunately.

I used to do normal/cheapish holidays twice a year (if possible) Aus - Singapore - Thailand.

Bit of a trek to get there, but very chilled after a day or 2, friendly locals & affordable.

Cue, all this bollock's from the last year & no thanks and probably not so friendly locals etc..

 

 

Airline and travel companies’ share prices today would tend not to agree.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

Oh dear!  Might this put a brake on government efforts to unperson the unvaccinated?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-56069325
 

Diversity is strength. I've noticed Europeans (judging by their English) are the most active in my local "the great reopening" telegram group too. 

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OurDayWillCome

Welsh Minister: No one is safe, until EVERYONE is safe... used during a BBC interview about care home staff and others turning down the vaccine. He did not think that up off the top of his head. I expect this statement to be used more and more. Every person vaccinated becomes another member of the, ‘you must have it too’ army...

C88FDDE6-59B0-42B2-B64D-5A4A7EF992B2.jpeg.0b8a7982d2a20e408e87c1f772a1ee29.jpeg

8DBA4FAD-F892-4221-8C7B-199A7B3C2BFD.jpeg

  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bozo this morning saying no plans for internal covid passports but the NHS app may be used to provide evidence of having had a vaccine. Err, same thing then. 9_9

Fortunately the BAME resistance against vaccination means WOKE will battle the passport idea as persecution of minority groups. Sometimes the saviour appears from an unexpected source. xD

  • Agree 6
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, BoSon said:

Bozo this morning saying no plans for internal covid passports but the NHS app may be used to provide evidence of having had a vaccine. Err, same thing then. 9_9

Fortunately the BAME resistance against vaccination means WOKE will battle the passport idea as persecution of minority groups. Sometimes the saviour appears from an unexpected source. xD

The passport demands are coming from the boomers.

Them v the snowflakes? I know where my money is going.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MrLibertyRedux
2 hours ago, BoSon said:

Bozo this morning saying no plans for internal covid passports but the NHS app may be used to provide evidence of having had a vaccine. Err, same thing then. 9_9

Fortunately the BAME resistance against vaccination means WOKE will battle the passport idea as persecution of minority groups. Sometimes the saviour appears from an unexpected source. xD

It would appear the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Strange times.

  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yadda yadda yadda
48 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

The passport demands are coming from the boomers.

Them v the snowflakes? I know where my money is going.

Not sure the boomers are clamouring for vaccine passports. They want the vaccine but why do they care if others have had it so long as they're safe? If the passports hadn't been promoted in the media for weeks it wouldn't have occurred to them. The push for passports comes from above. They don't want plebs on the piazza spoiling their view. They definitely don't want hoi polloi in the Louvre or commoners in the Gallerie Degli Uffizi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BoSon said:

Bozo this morning saying no plans for internal covid passports but the NHS app may be used to provide evidence of having had a vaccine. Err, same thing then. 9_9

Fortunately the BAME resistance against vaccination means WOKE will battle the passport idea as persecution of minority groups. Sometimes the saviour appears from an unexpected source. xD

MAGA + BLM. It'll happen, and we'll have our version. Probably students + council estates :D

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
6 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Not sure the boomers are clamouring for vaccine passports. They want the vaccine but why do they care if others have had it so long as they're safe? If the passports hadn't been promoted in the media for weeks it wouldn't have occurred to them. The push for passports comes from above. They don't want plebs on the piazza spoiling their view. They definitely don't want hoi polloi in the Louvre or commoners in the Gallerie Degli Uffizi.

Look at the surveys from the cruise companies last month.

They don't want to share a ship with any unjabbed.

PS I use Boomer to refer to a mindset, not a specific age band.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yadda yadda yadda
Just now, Wight Flight said:

Look at the surveys from the cruise companies last month.

They don't want to share a ship with any unjabbed.

PS I use Boomer to refer to a mindset, not a specific age band.

When they were asked the question. It wasn't something they were contacting Saga or whomever about of their own accord. Asking a load of people who have had or are going to have the jab whether they want to have unjabbed people on the cruise is a loaded question. Probably they are the people who still answer unknown numbers on a landline. Try asking the employees, mostly much younger and not on any priority jabber list, their opinions.

Perhaps they will be insistent about it. I doubt it. Not the ones who haven't yet been scared from going on holiday until at least 2023.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
Just now, Yadda yadda yadda said:

When they were asked the question. It wasn't something they were contacting Saga or whomever about of their own accord. Asking a load of people who have had or are going to have the jab whether they want to have unjabbed people on the cruise is a loaded question. Probably they are the people who still answer unknown numbers on a landline. Try asking the employees, mostly much younger and not on any priority jabber list, their opinions.

Perhaps they will be insistent about it. I doubt it. Not the ones who haven't yet been scared from going on holiday until at least 2023.

That is true. It was no doubt a loaded question. But the fact remains that you cannot go on a Saga cruise in the future if you haven't been jabbed.

They see it as a selling point, and they won't be alone. See Pimlico Plonkers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Look at the surveys from the cruise companies last month.

They don't want to share a ship with any unjabbed.

PS I use Boomer to refer to a mindset, not a specific age band.

It is bonkers.  I've no idea where science has gone.

IMO the question should have been:

  • You're going on a cruise.  Do you want it to be full of people with identical immunity profile to you, so that if they catch covid it is near guaranteed to be able to infect you (and everyone else on the cruise)
  • or would you prefer it if some others on the ship either no immunity or a different immunity profile, so that if they catch covid there's a good chance you'll be protected and won't be able to catch it from them?
Edited by dgul
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight

I would add that, without any encouragement, there is a growing band of Facebookers that want the ferry companies to insist that you have been vaccinated before you can travel here.

The strength of feeling for this is quite surprising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, dgul said:

It is bonkers.  I've no idea where science has gone.

IMO the question should have been:

  • You're going on a cruise.  Do you want it to be full of people with identical immunity profile to you, so that if they catch covid it is near guaranteed to be able to infect you (and everyone else on the cruise)
  • or would you prefer it if they either no immunity or a different immunity profile, so that if they catch covid there's a good chance you'll be protected and won't be able to catch it from them?

You are hunting for analytical intelligence. You have more chance of trapping a haggis.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

I would add that, without any encouragement, there is a growing band of Facebookers that want the ferry companies to insist that you have been vaccinated before you can travel here.

The strength of feeling for this is quite surprising.

So they want people who travel here to only be able to carry vaccine escape variants with them?  Seems like a strange thing to want.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, dgul said:

So they want people who travel here to only be able to carry vaccine escape variants with them?  Seems like a strange thing to want.

Actually most boomers want no tourists at all. They don't really think things through.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yadda yadda yadda
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

That is true. It was no doubt a loaded question. But the fact remains that you cannot go on a Saga cruise in the future if you haven't been jabbed.

They see it as a selling point, and they won't be alone. See Pimlico Plonkers.

Yes, it feels inevitable. Especially for services where a large proportion of the customers are 70 plus or unwell. I'm not sure if that applies to Pimlico Plumbers but I know they're expensive and it seems likely.

My point is that the push is coming from elsewhere and the oldies see it as in their interests. It isn't hard to sell them on extra safety. It is like selling me on lower taxes. Whether or not it does reduce risk. I suppose if the vaccines are 94% effective after two doses, as has been claimed and is likely to be believed, then removing that extra risk is worthwhile. Bit pointless if you're going through Miami airport and visiting places like Ocho fucking Rios.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yadda yadda yadda
6 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I would add that, without any encouragement, there is a growing band of Facebookers that want the ferry companies to insist that you have been vaccinated before you can travel here.

The strength of feeling for this is quite surprising.

That is motivated by wanting no visitors at all. "Keep off my island, you dirty, dirty northern mainland bastards!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...