DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Shite Films With Great Casts

22 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Batman vs Superman. One of the worst pieces of excrement I’ve ever sat through, but look at the cast:

Starring

Fair play for making it through that steaming pile of shit.

Cowboys Vs Aliens it aint:Old:

The Musical Version of Lost Horizon 1973

Cast - Peter Finch, John Gielgud, Liv Ullmann, Sally Kellerman, George Kennedy, Michael York, Olivia Hussey, Charles Boyer

Music - Burt Bacharach 

Cinematographer - John Surtees (Ben Hur, the Graduate, The Sting)

The film was a complete turkey.

Rating 20% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Edited by Virgil Caine

I've never seen it, so it might be great (and it was nominated for four Oscars!) but, with a rotten tomatoes score of 39% I offer up Nine. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_(2009_live-action_film)

Edit

37 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Batman vs Superman. One of the worst pieces of excrement I’ve ever sat through, but look at the cast:

Starring

That really was an utter fucking turkey.  I'd given up on going to the cinema to watch such utter shite offerings on celluloid by then, managed to sit through about an hour of it and I just couldn't face anymore of it.

Alexander The Great 2004

Cast - Colin Farrell, Angelina Jolie, Val Kilmer, Anthony Hopkins

Director - Oliver Stone

Music - Vangelis

Bombed at the box office losing 71 million dollars.

For one of history’s greatest figures Alexander of Macedon has really suffered at the hands of the film business. The 1956 film with Richard Burton,  Frederick March, Claire Bloom  was another dud.

Edited by Virgil Caine
31 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Alexander The Great 2004

Cast - Colin Farrell, Angelina Jolie, Val Kilmer, Anthony Hopkins

Director - Oliver Stone

Music - Vangelis

Bombed at the box office losing 71 million dollars.

For one of history’s greatest figures Alexander of Macedon has really suffered at the hands of the film business. The 1956 film with Richard Burton,  Frederick March, Claire Bloom  was another dud.

Claire bloom, yes I would have back in the day

Image result for claire bloom

3 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Claire bloom, yes I would have back in the day

Image result for claire bloom

You might have stood a chance.

'Bloom has married three times. Her first marriage, in 1959, was to actor Rod Steiger,[citation needed] whom she had met when they both performed in the play Rashomon. Their daughter is opera singer Anna Steiger. Steiger and Bloom divorced in 1969. In that same year, Bloom married producer Hillard Elkins.[citation needed] The marriage lasted three years and the couple divorced in 1972. Bloom's third marriage on 29 April 1990, was to writer Philip Roth,[citation needed] her longtime companion. They separated in 1994.

Bloom has written two memoirs about her life and career. The first, Limelight and After: The Education of an Actress, was published in 1982 and was an in-depth look at her career and the film and stage roles she had portrayed. Her second book, Leaving a Doll's House: A Memoir, published in 1996, went into greater details about her personal life; she discussed not only her marriages but also her affairs with Richard Burton, Laurence Olivier, and Yul Brynner. The book created a stir when Bloom described her former marriage to Roth. Soon after, Roth wrote a "revenge novel" I Married a Communist (1998), in which the character of Eve Frame appeared to represent Bloom.['