DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Another Nasty Wokester

6 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Alice Gast, Rector of Imperial this time:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/14/imperial-college-investigation-higher-education-regulator-bullying

The university's president Alice Gast and chief financial officer, Muir Sanderson, emailed an apology in December for bullying colleagues”

This is the same person who dumped the university’s motto because it wasn’t woke without any kind of discussion:

The College's motto, coined in 1908, is ‘Scientia imperii decus et tutamen’ which can be translated as ‘Scientific knowledge, the crowning glory and the safeguard of the empire’. As of 2020 we have updated the crest to no longer include this motto on any new materials. This is to better reflect the College's culture and values today and our commitment to support a diverse and inclusive community.”

Why are progressives, who think of themselves as the nice people, always so damn a nasty in reality?

I think it is because in order to believe in the views of the modern left, you have to be i) devoid of self-introspection and the ability to doubt and ii) able to believe obvious untrue 'facts'.

With those two core tenets, it's only logical that any flaws of their own will be ignored.

6 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Why are progressives, who think of themselves as the nice people, always so damn a nasty in reality?

Because, for them, the ends always justify the means.

They are devoid of Christian morality, in which the ends certainly do not justify the means.

They are the sort of person who would go back in time and kill a child because it was Adolf Hitler.

They think that makes them an obviously good person.

Edited by Panther
6 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

They make a big show of trying to “fix” the world, to distract from the fact that they can’t make their own lives work.

Or maybe it’s just misery lives company.

9 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

They make a big show of trying to “fix” the world, to distract from the fact that they can’t make their own lives work.

Or maybe it’s just misery lives company.

I think that's about it. The way I see it, they were cunts to begin with, and do all the woke shit to try to feel better about themselves and to project an image that they're nice cuddly people. When in reality they know deep down that they are cunts.

I'm going to suggest exactly this to a wokester acquaintance in the near future. If it causes a meltdown I will know I am somewhere close to the target.

11 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Alice Gast, Rector of Imperial this time:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/14/imperial-college-investigation-higher-education-regulator-bullying

The university's president Alice Gast and chief financial officer, Muir Sanderson, emailed an apology in December for bullying colleagues”

This is the same person who dumped the university’s motto because it wasn’t woke without any kind of discussion:

The College's motto, coined in 1908, is ‘Scientia imperii decus et tutamen’ which can be translated as ‘Scientific knowledge, the crowning glory and the safeguard of the empire’. As of 2020 we have updated the crest to no longer include this motto on any new materials. This is to better reflect the College's culture and values today and our commitment to support a diverse and inclusive community.”

I'd be interested to see how they rewrite history to determine how Imperial came into being. 

I'm now also wondering whether the statue of Queen Victoria in the reception area on Exhibition Road is still there. 

6 hours ago, Fully Detached said:

The way I see it, they were cunts to begin with, and do all the woke shit to try to feel better about themselves and to project an image that they're nice cuddly people. When in reality they know deep down that they are cunts.

Yep, the last place I worked, (retail)  all the Management were all lefty woke, wierdly pro-EU, despite never visiting Europe for a holiday but awful bullies to all the staff including myself.

When all the Syrian refugees were heading towards Europe to escape, the female Assistant Manager, mid-40's, who was the worst of the lot, said to me "I really feel I need to do something to help these poor people, I am thinking of going to Syria", to which I replied, "You don't need to go to Syria to do good in the world, just try being nice to your staff". 

She was a b*tch and eventually really crossed the line with me. My response? A call to the Area Manager and I arranged an immediate transfer to another store. I put in a formal  grievance and she denied what she did. At the end of the month I left.  I'm still in touch with a former colleague who tells me nothing has changed, and the atmosphere is still one of walking on eggshells. So many people have left before and after me, so glad to be out of there.

I've started to wonder if they have a fully-developed theory of mind.

https://www.simplypsychology.org/theory-of-mind.html

Theory of mind (ToM) is the ability to attribute mental states to ourselves and others, serving as one of the foundational elements for social interaction.
The traditional test for theory of mind is a false-belief task, used to assess a child’s understanding that other people can have beliefs about the world which contrast with reality.

Or maybe the aspect in question is the possession of a political theory of mind.

I've also started to wonder about the impact of consuming "news" and opinion on LCD screens, particularly large and high-definition ones. Is it a coincidence that the brainwashing appears to have intensified/deepened along with the adoption of this technology? Maybe those scan lines on CRT TVs were breaking up the message; maybe consumers of visual broadcasts are being subjected to a Snow Crash style brain hack.

It would explain a lot...

3 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Yes, they supplied the team tee shirts to Snow White for me and the other six team members.

Hi Ho

I only mentioned that, fellow Hobbit, as once I bought a motorcycle from a shop, and got a complementary T-shirt in 8XL size, which I can only use as a tent.

Edited by MrPin
2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I only mentioned that, fellow Hobbit, as once I bought a motorcycle from a shop, and got a complementary T-shirt in 8XL size, which I can only use as a tent.

My uncle still has all the "free" merchandise clothing I got in every new Porsche I bought.

Good quality stuff though.