DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One year on and I still know nobody who has died, and only know one person who has had it, or one person who was ill with a flu-like thing, who got a test which came up positive anyway, and one person who wasn't ill at all, but who had a test come up positive. 

Edited by Carl Fimble
Sp
2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

One year on and I still know nobody who has died, and only know one person who has had it, or one person who was ill with a flu-like thing, who got a test which came up positive anyway, of, and one person who wasn't I'll at all, but who had a test come up positive. 

I know of one person who has died but he was in his 70s. I also know of lots of people who have had it, many of whom were elderly. All recovered. I had it i think, this time last year.  I’m still here. 

Just now, One percent said:

I know of one person who has died but he was in his 70s. I also know of lots of people who have had it, many of whom were elderly. All recovered. I had it i think, this time last year.  I’m still here. 

It seems that unless you're old and/or already ill, it's not actually all that terribly fatal. 

Certainly not bad enough to have shut down everything. 

17 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

One year on and I still know nobody who has died, and only know one person who has had it, or one person who was ill with a flu-like thing, who got a test which came up positive anyway, of, and one person who wasn't I'll at all, but who had a test come up positive. 

I’m know four people who have died because the NHS has failed the nation. Only a couple of weeks ago one of the pub blokes died at home of a heart attack - he had sought medical attention only two days earlier.

4 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I’m know four people who have died because the NHS has failed the nation. Only a couple of weeks ago one of the pub blokes died at home of a heart attack - he had sought medical attention only two days earlier.

Even motoring accidents are being claimed as Covid.

32 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I posted yesterday about my lads GF mother who works for the NHS, she decided to do a lateral flow test without swabbing herself i.e. the swab was clean, the result she got was a positive. :o

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

I posted yesterday about my lads GF mother who works for the NHS, she decided to do a lateral flow test without swabbing herself i.e. the swab was clean, the result she got was a positive. :o

Literally took it out the packet and touched nothing with it, and it came up positive?

8 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Yep.

Not even just false positives, but guaranteed positives then.

I've a friend who has a load of those tests, the lateral flow ones. I'll ask her to do one without swabbing and see if she gets the same result.

Supposedly the lateral flow, and PCR tests are not hugely accurate even when administered properly. This is something even worse though. 

8 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Not even just false positives, but guaranteed positives then.

I've a friend who has a load of those tests, the lateral flow ones. I'll ask her to do one without swabbing and see if she gets the same result.

Supposedly the lateral flow, and PCR tests are not hugely accurate even when administered properly. This is something even worse though. 

That would be an interesting experiment anyone can do who has access to them, the results would be interesting if collated together.

51 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Yep.

I don't know anybody who has tested positive.

I know only one person who knows anyone who has tested positive.

And I don't know anyone, directly or indirectly, who has died from it.

This is in a country with 109,000 cases, and 2000 deaths and a population of almost 1.9 million.

I know 4 people who tested positive, nobody ended up in hospital or seeing a doctor and I don't know anyone, even those in their 80s who has died of it.

Seems to be something that kills people who get out of breath going up one flight of stairs, that would include 30st Bus Drivers in their 30s.

Perhaps that should be the test, can you walk up one flight of stairs without being short of breath, if so, shit yourself.

The last statement is true on many levels.

Stannah stairlift customers beware.

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Yep.

I don't know anybody who has tested positive.

I know only one person who knows anyone who has tested positive.

And I don't know anyone, directly or indirectly, who has died from it.

This is in a country with 109,000 cases, and 2000 deaths and a population of almost 1.9 million.

Neighbour had it (20yo - felt like shit for a few days.  Ok now). Footballing friend of my son had it and it knocked him for six for a good couple of months.  Ok now, but has made my son wary of it as he tends to get chest infections each winter.

Wife's cousin and his wife had it - but I don't think they were too bad with it. 

A few anecdotals from my wife about 'did you hear old Terry died of/with covid'.

3 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

One year on and I still know nobody who has died, and only know one person who has had it, or one person who was ill with a flu-like thing, who got a test which came up positive anyway, and one person who wasn't ill at all, but who had a test come up positive. 

That is almost exactly my situation. I know one bloke - a distant contact - who got ill and tested positive, then recovered. Funnily enough he claimed to have not left the house for weeks beforehand.

We might have lost @Mr Miyagi to it though.

Funeral Director mate's reports on covid amongst the dead have been strange. When it started March-April-May 2020 business abruptly stopped and they had no customers for around two months. Then it went back to normal and they got one or two with positive test before death. Since the New Year nearly all say covid on the paperwork. I can think of a couple of people I vaguely know that have been infected and recovered and no one that has died of or with.