DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What are the chances of that?

One percent

Are these the lot caught together in the cafe having their break or the lot getting their hair done back at the station?  

• Lol 2
Carl Fimble
1 minute ago, the gardener said:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/27/five-met-police-officers-have-died-from-covid-in-two-weeks-13973971/

No police deaths from Covid all year then five in a month. 

Work of the 77th Brigade perhaps? 

All from the Met too?

Load of pish.

It may well be true (I suppose) but now see the government and media as the boy who cried wolf. 

• Agree 5
Caravan Monster

As mentioned in another post, there seems to have been a very large increase in of or with covid on death certificates since Jan. We'll never know what these police really died of, but the intention of the headline is clearly to make people think they caught the death lurgey from being in close proximity to yucky stupid humans whilst on duty and died on a ventilator. I wonder how many went into hospital ill with something else and picked up covid in hospital.

The Metro is utter cancer, but good on them for actually reporting how low cases and deaths now are:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/15/uk-records-230-deaths-and-lowest-number-of-cases-in-five-months-14085572/

• Agree 1
Bus Stop Boxer
48 minutes ago, the gardener said:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/27/five-met-police-officers-have-died-from-covid-in-two-weeks-13973971/

No police deaths from Covid all year then five in a fortnight. 

Had they all been viewing the same house for sale? Or had a enbloc viewing of an auction property?

sleepwello'nights
1 hour ago, the gardener said:

No police deaths from Covid all year then five in a fortnight. 

A few questions spring to mind:

• How many police officers die in an average two week period
  • Did the five who died have existing co-morbidities
  • What were the causes of death listed on the death certificates
  • What health risk factors did they have? One was probably BAME given his name
  • had they been vaccinated, if so when.
  • Were they hospitalised before death
  • What treatment(s) had they been given
  • Agree 4
Bus Stop Boxer
4 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

A few questions spring to mind:

• How many police officers die in an average two week period
  • Did the five who died have existing co-morbidities
  • What were the causes of death listed on the death certificates
  • What health risk factors did they have? One was probably BAME given his name
  • had they been vaccinated, if so when.
  • Were they hospitalised before death
  • What treatment(s) had they been given
  • Had they been trying to sell their houses?
Iamcynical

It's bullshit isn't it? I don't believe for one second that covid1984 was actually responsible for any of their deaths.  If that tsg guy is one of the twats I've seen in London at the protests then as harsh as this may sound, I'm glad.  Their behaviour towards peaceful protesters has been absolutely disgusting. 

• Agree 2
sarahbell
1 minute ago, Democorruptcy said:

Thinly disguised the Police should be higher up the vaccine list story.

Let them eat cake.

• Agree 1
stokiescum
3 hours ago, One percent said:

Are these the lot caught together in the cafe having their break or the lot getting their hair done back at the station?  

One died by shielding at home wtf.

• Informative 1
the gardener
1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

Yes, he was classed as vulnerable and had been working from home all year. I'm not sure we should be employing people classed as vulnerable in the police. What next? Firemen in wheelchairs? 

• Agree 3
  • Lol 2
apples
10 hours ago, the gardener said:

Firemen in wheelchairs? 

Where have you been? From 2011:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1375381/Fire-service-strength-fitness-tests-relaxed-allow-women-firefighters.html

Fire chiefs have made the 'ladder lifting' tests that all new recruits must go through easier to allow more women and less-strong men into the service.

However, critics say that more overweight recruits are now being allowed in a service once noted for the fitness of its members.

dgul
10 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Quite.

I am all for the public to be told of the sacrifices made by our emergency services in order to keep society running, but:

• They're not intrinsically special -- if they're not actually out and doing their duty then the illness/death isn't directly relevant (it is sad, sure, but it shouldn't be used to sway public opinion regarding behaviours, etc).
  • No-one in the vulnerable groups should be doing any 'people contact' (including others within the service) work -- they should be on furlough.  I'm fed up of hearing about 65 year old medics or obese bus drivers dying -- there's no need for them to be taking this risk.  I'm actually fearful that in many sectors (NHS is bad at this) they're showing 'sacrifice' in keeping doing 'such an important job' -- well, I don't want them to sacrifice themselves, and the industries that are guilty of this should be very deeply ashamed of themselves (healthcare doubly so, as they should know better).
  • Agree 3