DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought it might be an idea to have a thread with some positivity, so this sub-forum isn't ALL doom and gloom. It really helps (me anyway) to have this place, it's entertaining, enlightening

Good post. The less I believe in 'Churchianity', the more I believe in Christianity and the truth of the Bible. One positive, realistic thing I've heard about recently is Admiral Stockdale's Para

I already had hermit tendencies before lockdown. What the last year has shown me is that I can handle solitary confinement. I now consider myself fireproof as I can live without the approval of covidr

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Just thought it might be an idea to have a thread with some positivity, so this aub-forum isn't ALL doom and gloom.

It really helps (me anyway) to have this place, it's entertaining, enlightening and informative, but probably more importantly it's somewhere to vent and to hear from others who are not mongs. 

I've nothing in particular to add right now, but I'll find some stuff to post. I know I don't actually know any of you, at least in the true sense, but I feel like I know lots of you, and I care. 

I've been pretty down this year, but think I'm on the way back up again, everyone will be at a different stage though, and if ever anyone wants to chat or moan, they should feel free to PM me.

Here's to the future, it might not look like it's going to be so bright right now, but there will still be light, especially if we hold on to it. 

If I was pissed or on E I'd be telling you now that I love you, I'm not, so I'll just say that I appreciate you, and hope you are ok.

Get some positive stuff posted if you can, as I say, I'll try to get some good stuff posted over the next few days. 

Chin up cunts!

The future will have all sorts of rose tinted glasses to look back at these halcyon days.

Not doing long commutes has to be the best thing for many people.

I can't wait for the spring to get out on my bike and see the results of all the hard work I've put in this winter.  I feel absolutely amazing, best I think I've ever been.  Plus the cycling season has started on the telly and it's already been a corker.  Belgian classics start in just over 2 weeks,  my favourite New Zealander has just become his country's national champion and my favourite Frenchman has a year in the rainbow jersey.  My positivity is right up there at the moment, I think it's going to be an amazing year.

Plenty of spare time to try new things, and yesterday was the first decent day this year so I'm looking forward to regular trips out on the (new & improved) bike ! Lots of rain recently but Spring has definately arrived - seeing a happy frog in a big puddle confirmed it :D @stop_the_craziness  

Lakes-1CE702648572.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Andersen said:

Plenty of spare time to try new things, and yesterday was the first decent day this year so I'm looking forward to regular trips out on the (new & improved) bike ! Lots of rain recently but Spring has definately arrived - seeing a happy frog in a big puddle confirmed it :D @stop_the_craziness  

Lakes-1CE702648572.jpeg

Awesome!   Portugal is on my list this year if I can escape the UK gulag.

Just now, Carl Fimble said:

Snow's melted, leaving just a wee pile where our snowman used to be, birds are singing and it's above freezing again, snowdrops are getting taller and there'll be flowers soon. 

They can't hold on to people much longer so lockdown will be eased, things are looking up!

I hope you are correct.

1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

Snow's melted, leaving just a wee pile where our snowman used to be, birds are singing and it's above freezing again, snowdrops are getting taller and there'll be flowers soon. 

They can't hold on to people much longer so lockdown will be eased, things are looking up!

Fucking hell. I tried to tell you this two weeks ago and you ended up calling me pathetic. 

It's not all doom and gloom, life's what you make it. 

Just now, Roger_Mellie said:

Fucking hell. I tried to tell you this two weeks ago and you ended up calling me pathetic. 

It's not all doom and gloom, life's what you make it. 

Make your life go for two weeks in Disneyland and let us know how you get on.

43 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Did you? I don't remember that, are you sure it was me? Can you point to the post?

How about this... It's not as bad as you think

The point is, that you, and others acting like you, are pointless. 

I'll tell you what I think should be done: Live your life

Think not of the past, or the future, fuck everyone and everything, just live your life. 

So good reverend Fimble, could we agree that having some positivity, and making the best of what you do have is not sad, pathetic or nihilistic? It doesn't mean that you're a 'shitebag who doesn't care', it just means that you have a different perspective. 

An old preacher once told me, "There's a good reason why the Bible often says, 'and it came ...to pass'. It never says 'it came, put its feet on the table and called out, "What's for dinner? I'm staying here forever!"'."

This season has come, whether we like it or not. It will pass, as surely as earthly seasons come and go. Those who think they will be able to instill a state of perpetual paranoia on the basis of this; will end up looking as foolish of the Wise Men of Gotham, fencing in a cuckoo to stop the summer from ending when it left.

14 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I can't wait for the spring to get out on my bike and see the results of all the hard work I've put in this winter.  I feel absolutely amazing, best I think I've ever been.  Plus the cycling season has started on the telly and it's already been a corker.  Belgian classics start in just over 2 weeks,  my favourite New Zealander has just become his country's national champion and my favourite Frenchman has a year in the rainbow jersey.  My positivity is right up there at the moment, I think it's going to be an amazing year.

Get out on your bike right now - even when it is -3 degrees it is possible to go for a ride. Stick carrier backs in between your socks and shoes to keep your feet from freezing. The only exception is snow, and heavy rain, it is not so enjoyable.

I try to go out for a ride when ever I am off from work. 

55 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

An old preacher once told me, "There's a good reason why the Bible often says, 'and it came ...to pass'. It never says 'it came, put its feet on the table and called out, "What's for dinner? I'm staying here forever!"'."

This season has come, whether we like it or not. It will pass, as surely as earthly seasons come and go. Those who think they will be able to instill a state of perpetual paranoia on the basis of this; will end up looking as foolish of the Wise Men of Gotham, fencing in a cuckoo to stop the summer from ending when it left.

Good post. The less I believe in 'Churchianity', the more I believe in Christianity and the truth of the Bible.

One positive, realistic thing I've heard about recently is Admiral Stockdale's Paradox.

I find myself getting optimistic about Leader Johnson's pronouncement later this month, but I try to temper this with realism, because I think we are in this for a long haul - that does not mean things will always be this way, but the light of optimism must be carefully kindled.

https://jesuslifetogether.com/letters/images/36082_stockdale_paradox.jpg

43 minutes ago, eight said:

Other unobtainable dream destinations are available.

Ah, well if it's your dream destination I can see how you might be upset right now. 

I'd really like to do the inca trail, but in the meantime I'm going to try and take some pleasure in walking on the moors with the Mellies.

1 hour ago, unregistered_guest said:

As someone else once said: "If the good times lasted forever they'd just be called 'the times'" 

I suppose that equally applies to the bad times. 

What isn't wise is to just curl up into a ball and die because the bad times have arrived. Neither is it wise to believe that times are bad just because they're not to your liking.