DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Lush, What The Fuck Is This Shit?

Ok, I’m a bit of a metrosexual and I like posh toiletries. L’Occitane for example is nice as is some of Dior’s stuff for men and I particularly like Acqua di Parma. Anyway, someone sent me a box of Lush stuff for Christmas - a nice thought - but it’s all fucking rank! It’s like the bathroom equivalent of the cheapest nastiest bubble gum and the smells literally make me feel nauseous. Who the fuck buys this stuff (well more than once at least)?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's a shop?

it's like catnip for wimmin.  rub it on your tatts before you go out on the pull.

I have to hold my breath as I walk past the shop.  Utterly reeking.  Can't imagine what it's like working in there all day. The mark-up on their stuff must be huge.

50 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Ok, I’m a bit of a metrosexual and I like posh toiletries. L’Occitane for example is nice as is some of Dior’s stuff for men and I particularly like Acqua di Parma. Anyway, someone sent me a box of Lush stuff for Christmas - a nice thought - but it’s all fucking rank! It’s like the bathroom equivalent of the cheapest nastiest bubble gum and the smells literally make me feel nauseous. Who the fuck buys this stuff (well more than once at least)?

it's like catnip for wimmin.  rub it on your tatts before you go out on the pull.

3 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

I have to hold my breath as I walk past the shop.  Utterly reeking.  Can't imagine what it's like working in there all day.

The mark-up on their stuff must be huge.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I have to hold my breath as I walk past the shop.  Utterly reeking.  Can't imagine what it's like working in there all day.

Yeah. I cant go in the shop.

The smell is too much for me.

Doesnt help that they seem to employ really fat wimmin with rings in noses.

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Boots used to proper space me out back in the day walking past the perfume section, the stupidly bright fluorescent lights too.

8 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Its weird how they have changed the term I grew up with in the North courtesy of some stupid London cunt and his Welsh squeeze.

'Lush is Welsh for gorgeous an everywhere else it means drunken old slag'

I blame the BBC misinformation unit.

Yes, I remember Bonnie Tyler describing Michael Douglas as 'Lush'

9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Its weird how they have changed the term I grew up with in the North courtesy of some stupid London cunt and his Welsh squeeze.

'Lush is Welsh for gorgeous an everywhere else it means drunken old slag'

I blame the BBC misinformation unit.

I thought the meaning of being a problem drinker was the American usage and a noun whereas lush meaning attractive was the British usage and an adjective.

She is a lush (US)

She's lush (UK)

I don't know to which celeb couple you are referring.

7 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Gaaarvin 'n' Stayceee

Thank you.

I don't feel that I'm missing out by not having a telly - quite the opposite when I hear people banging on about Strictly, Dancing on Ice, or I'm a Celebrity as though they are personally involved - but I do miss some cultural reference points.

5 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

It’s for kids innit? 

9-12 year old tweenagers...

So my 13 year old daughter (who has ‘grown out of it’) tells me....

I have never even noticed this shop chain, even though there’s one near Wagamama in Guildford and loads of them around London (according to Google maps).

I think I have actually seen adverts and thought it was a cosmetics brand sold in shops, rather than a chain of shops.

With two sons and a wife who gets her cosmetics in Hong Kong, it really barely impinges on my consciousness.

In the film Green Card, they get caught out as a fake couple because he doesn’t know what brand of face cream (or similar) she uses. I would have no idea what cosmetics or perfumes my wife uses, and have never known for any of my previous girlfriends either. They all have tons of the shit that serves very little purpose and is of zero interest to me.

9 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I have never even noticed this shop chain, even though there’s one near Wagamama in Guildford and loads of them around London (according to Google maps).

I think I have actually seen adverts and thought it was a cosmetics brand sold in shops, rather than a chain of shops.

With two sons and a wife who gets her cosmetics in Hong Kong, it really barely impinges on my consciousness.

In the film Green Card, they get caught out as a fake couple because he doesn’t know what brand of face cream (or similar) she uses. I would have no idea what cosmetics or perfumes my wife uses, and have never known for any of my previous girlfriends either. They all have tons of the shit that serves very little purpose and is of zero interest to me.

When packing to go on a trip I always have to go through the GFs backpack and remove unnecessary cosmetic items just before we leave. Never starts the holiday off on a good note xD

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

More shite for wimmin to spend far too much on to keep the economy going.

See also: Yankee candles.

The local department store sells yankee candles at half price. Even at half price I think they are a con.... £24.99 rrp for a candle ffs.... even £12.50 for a candle is extortionate.

Imagine being in a relationship and working in a job you dont particularly enjoy. You come home and your girlfriend has spunked away your money on some candles and cushions. It would drive me to drink.

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

The local department store sells yankee candles at half price. Even at half price I think they are a con.... £24.99 rrp for a candle ffs.... even £12.50 for a candle is extortionate.

Imagine being in a relationship and working in a job you dont particularly enjoy. You come home and your girlfriend has spunked away your money on some candles and cushions. It would drive me to drink.

And that's exactly why we have so many functional alcoholics out there ;)

Edited by JoeDavola
18 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

On Sunday I was in Poundland and they were selling a range of Vibrators. 

They were 8 quid though. 

I've never seen the male equivalent for sale anywhere.

Though saying that I don't think I've seen a vibrator for sale anywhere either.

What you lot over the Tamar get up to eh?  nonono.gif