DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Hotel Covidfornia - apparently you can leave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56078511

"He said that since I landed in Dublin first and then got a connecting flight to here, I was not required to quarantine in a hotel. I still have to quarantine and do the self-testing kit on the second and eighth day, but they said it was an error on their part."

So just fly home via Dublin. Job's a good 'un.

I've just realised anyone landing in Scotland has to go for a hotel stay, in England only folk arriving from a "Red List" country need a hotel stay. Regardless, anyone flying into Scotland needs 3x tests at £100+ each? :o

That should boost Newcastle flight numbers. Fly there (England), short direct highspeed train to Edinburgh (Scotland), call into Tescos for a shopping trolley load of booze to keep you occupied during your 14 day home quarantine, and still be £2k into pocket by avoiding hotel fees. You're welcome :Beer: 

25 minutes ago, Andersen said:

I've just realised anyone landing in Scotland has to go for a hotel stay, in England only folk arriving from a "Red List" country need a hotel stay. Regardless, anyone flying into Scotland needs 3x tests at £100+ each? :o

That should boost Newcastle flight numbers. Fly there (England), short direct highspeed train to Edinburgh (Scotland), call into Tescos for a shopping trolley load of booze to keep you occupied during your 14 day home quarantine, and still be £2k into pocket by avoiding hotel fees. You're welcome :Beer: 

It's all totally crazy. I reckon once countries like Spain, Greece etc realise they are facing starvation they will go all-out to attract tourists; deals will be done with UK ministers and pockets lined and tourism will be back, albeit to limited destinations. Don't tell that to that bloke on the other thread though, the one who salivates at the thought of the entire travel industry going under.

Edited by Austin Allegro
1 hour ago, Andersen said:

I posted a while back that the Krankie hadn't thought it through about red listing the world on her own. It seems like the penny is starting to drop with her now, so she wants to close the border!

3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56078511

"He said that since I landed in Dublin first and then got a connecting flight to here, I was not required to quarantine in a hotel. I still have to quarantine and do the self-testing kit on the second and eighth day, but they said it was an error on their part."

So just fly home via Dublin. Job's a good 'un.

Same sorta thing reported here :

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/covid-scotland-first-people-enter-19846924.amp

1 hour ago, Andersen said:

Not so fast,

They are onto this, 

Anyone flying into the uk who's onward destination is scotland will be made to go into hotel quarantine in england upon landing. 

Krankie has already laid this out.

2 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Not so fast .. Anyone flying into the uk who's onward destination is scotland will be made to go into hotel quarantine in england upon landing. 

I'm guessing you mean anyone flying into England, the article above confirms flying into other parts of the UK with Scotland as the final destination - you are ok to quarantine at home. As per OP article & the post above ;)

2 hours ago, Andersen said:

You would quarantine 

5 minutes ago, Andersen said:

I'm guessing you mean anyone flying into England, the article above confirms flying into other parts of the UK with Scotland as the final destination - you are ok to quarantine at home. As per OP article & the post above ;)

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "If travellers arrive in England from a red list country and wish to continue to Scotland they will first need to complete 10 days in managed quarantine in England.

"If a traveller arrives in England from an amber list country and wishes to continue to Scotland they will be able to do so but will then fall under Scottish quarantine rules on entry."

It comes after a significant number of people due to take the first flight into Scotland since the new rules came in on Monday did not board the plane.

The first international flight, which left Istanbul, Turkey, for Edinburgh on Monday morning had been due to carry around 65 passengers but fewer than five made it on board.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-could-close-scottish-23504709

Come in from a red list and your hotel banged up either way.

Very shorty they'll be onto scots travelling in to england from amber list countries and trying it on. 

There will be a deal to bang this type up in hotel quarantine in england upon landing. 

5 hours ago, Andersen said:

Covid: Four fined in Birmingham over red-list travel

Four air passengers have each been fined £10,000 for failing to declare they had travelled from a "red-list" country, West Midlands Police has said.

They were stopped at border control by officials and were not able to leave Birmingham Airport.

Under new rules, arrivals in England have to quarantine in hotels, if within the last 10 days they have been in a country deemed a high Covid risk.

The "red list" of 33 countries includes Portugal, Brazil and South Africa.

The regulations came into effect on Monday and the four passengers had been fined by midday, a senior officer told a meeting of the West Midlands Strategic Policing and Crime Board.

Temporary Assistant Chief Constable Chris Todd said that in the same timeframe, the airport received six passengers who did declare travel from a red-list country, who were taken to a quarantine hotel.

But of the offenders he added: "There are some people who have attempted to hide their routes but that's not worked out."

A police spokesperson said the fines were issued by Border Force.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-56086248

@WorkingPoor you missed my point (deliberate? red herring?) I'm not debating the red list issues. From countries not on the English "red list" (USA in the article under discussion), anyone landing in Scotland goes to CV19 hotel, anyone landing in England goes home for 14 days self quarantine / R&R. The Scottish "Red list" list of countries seems to be very clear as "Everywhere apart from Scotland" 

Or fly into England planning 14 days there then change your plans to go over the border to Scotland ;)

1 minute ago, Andersen said:

@WorkingPoor you missed my point (deliberate? red herring?) I'm not debating the red list issues. From countries not on the English "red list" (USA in the article under discussion), anyone landing in Scotland goes to CV19 hotel, anyone landing in England goes home for 14 days self quarantine / R&R. The Scottish "Red list" list of countries seems to be very clear as "Everywhere apart from Scotland" 

Or fly into England planning 14 days there then change your plans to go over the border to Scotland ;)

I know what you mean but the Babylon will be onto you. 

9 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Only if you are stupid enough to post it on Facebook.

Otherwise the chance of capture is close to zero.

If im a hard nosed border force official and a jock just off an inbound flight from abroad stands there telling me he's staying in england, 

I'm gonna pull him in for an interview.

Same as if a portugese stands there telling me he went to spain for his holiday. 

They are not stupid, it was lax up till now because the orders were to play it loose,

Now the orders are to bumrush every cnut.

Caveat Emptor. 

Edited by WorkingPoor
2 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

If im a hard nosed border force official and a jock just off an inbound flight from abroad stands there telling me he's staying in england, 

I'm gonna pull him in for an interview.

Same as if a portugese stands there telling me he went to spain for his holiday. 

They are not stupid, i was lax up till now because the orders were to play it loose,

Now the orders are to bumrush every cnut.

Caveat Emptor. 

You are assuming English border force agree with this bollocks. They know that if we follow Scotland, they are out of a job.

Every Scot will have a friend in England (well Wee Krankie might not) who they will stay with for their quarantine period.

This isn't about that anyway. The authorities just want to stop people travelling without actually banning it.

5 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

You are assuming English border force agree with this bollocks. They know that if we follow Scotland, they are out of a job.

Every Scot will have a friend in England (well Wee Krankie might not) who they will stay with for their quarantine period.

This isn't about that anyway. The authorities just want to stop people travelling without actually banning it.

I agree! :)

46 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

:)

But .....

Coronavirus (COVID-19): travel within Common Travel Area | nidirect

Your household members do not need to self-isolate with you, but they must take extra care to follow the guidance on social distancing, hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene. 

34 minutes ago, NewryH said:

:)

But .....

Coronavirus (COVID-19): travel within Common Travel Area | nidirect

Your household members do not need to self-isolate with you, but they must take extra care to follow the guidance on social distancing, hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene. 

fucking clown world.

it's either a deadly virus or it is not.  If it is, the above is insane.  If it is not, the above is insane.