DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Deprivation maps

sarahbell

Chewing Grass
4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I can go across the road from my mothers from 7th most deprived to most deprived even though she lives in a semi and the houses over the road are detached on doubled size plots.

I can go round the corner on my estate where all the houses are the same and be elevated up 2 deciles.

Yadda yadda yadda

Not sure how they've calculated that but it is nonsense. There are million pound plus houses in the second worst decile. I reckon the Victorian poverty maps were much more accurate. Someone actually went and had a look.

1 hour ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Not sure how they've calculated that but it is nonsense. There are million pound plus houses in the second worst decile. I reckon the Victorian poverty maps were much more accurate. Someone actually went and had a look.

Was a good documentary about the guy who did that in London a huge map with different coloured roads depending on how deprived they were.a bit like a labour pathfinder scheme they buy you out and flatten your house and clear the slums .the problem is labour did not replace the houses they confiscated 

Yadda yadda yadda
33 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Was a good documentary about the guy who did that in London a huge map with different coloured roads depending on how deprived they were.a bit like a labour pathfinder scheme they buy you out and flatten your house and clear the slums .the problem is labour did not replace the houses they confiscated 

The Victorian bloke, Charles Booth, just went around and coloured all the shit streets in black and labelled them semi-criminal scum. Didn't bother knocking them down.

He coloured Buckingham Palace in yellow to signify wealthy.

11 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

The Victorian bloke, Charles Booth, just went around and coloured all the shit streets in black and labelled them semi-criminal scum. Didn't bother knocking them down.

He coloured Buckingham Palace in yellow to signify wealthy.

He never put there be dragon on though which would have been funny

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

According to that I live in the second most deprived decile :D

I really don't.

What a load of utter ullage.

My town goes from the very top to the very bottom.  It’s a very small town in a very isolated position. I call bollox too. :)

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

According to that I live in the second most deprived decile :D

I really don't.

What a load of utter ullage.

Perhaps it's been downgraded because you live there :D

5 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

I can go across the road from my mothers from 7th most deprived to most deprived even though she lives in a semi and the houses over the road are detached on doubled size plots.

I can go round the corner on my estate where all the houses are the same and be elevated up 2 deciles.

In Stoke it’s just listing the private estates and areas on council estates has fine.it cuts my street in half my mums place in uttoxeter is green but again council estates darker .

AlfredTheLittle

This is a good example of why everything is shit nowadays _ it's all 'automated' so that nobody has to do any work. In reality automation is just someone sitting in their bedroom, making up some broad and rules that anyone who stops to think about it can see don't make any sense, then claiming it means something and trying to sell it.

I used to live next to an area of open grassland (small football field size), I was the last house in the estate, to get there you had to drive through a police no-go zone. 2 mins walk across the field got you to the first/last house that was accessed through one of the most desirable estates in town. Odd that less than 200 yards made a difference between image of "It's not safe there day or night" to "only posh folk live there". 

It's total bollocks, but the map gives a true indication of the reputation the areas had / have (a small patch of green, blood red at one side, happy green at the other). Thanks for the link :Beer: 

Archived