• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
blobloblob

Excel conditional formatting question

I have a table, let's say a list of customer quotes. One column is 'result' which is blank when ongoing but could be marked as 'won', 'lost' and possibly others, 'dormant' for example.

How can I colour in the entire row according to the contents of the result cell on that row? 

5 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

Our techno spreadsheet go-to guys couldn't figure it out and I didn't even bother asking technical support. 

Technical support's response would be to tell you to turn it off and on again. If that didn't work, they would be scratching their heads 

43 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

I have a table, let's say a list of customer quotes. One column is 'result' which is blank when ongoing but could be marked as 'won', 'lost' and possibly others, 'dormant' for example.

How can I colour in the entire row according to the contents of the result cell on that row? 

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Apply-shading-to-alternate-rows-in-a-worksheet-a443b0f5-2025-42f6-9099-5de09c05e880#bm1

53 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

Have you tried a highlighter pen on the screen?

6 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Try this :-

OOffice_zps7jd0gemh.jpg

That looks very promising indeed. Thank you Sir, or Madam. I'm going to try to upvote your post. Apologies if I vote it down by accident.

1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

That worked. Ta!

Can you down-vote anyone? I only have green arrows... Bloody lefty PC culture! ;)

I tried to vote something one time before and a red arrow appeared. I now realise that's the button to press to undo the upvote.