DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

As predicted my best mate is fucked

13 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Sorry to hear that Stokie. 

There’s nothing more to say, losing a mate is just grim. 

He ain’t dead yet but I’ve hinted a close friend was basicly fucked ie repeated trips to hospital.I’ve got online court tomorrow and online fostering and adoption ffs  that will be followed up by solicitors calls .I’m seriesly tempted to break into north staffs to say goodbye they have the Covid ban on Visetors allegagdly 

Best mate will be tough Stokie.  You have my full understanding.

But from what you have said, and from personal experience of a grandad who dropped dead within a year of retirement.  We all need to look at ourselves and where we are at.  How much of our lives is the job?

Edited by Whowhywhen?
5 minutes ago, Whowhywhen? said:

But from what you have said, and from personal experience of a grandad who dropped dead within a year of retirement.  We all need to look at ourselves and where we are at.  How much of our lives is the job?

It's tough enough having to stop working after a lifetime of work. Having to stop, and then being trapped inside your house, not being allowed to do the things you had planned  for in retirement is a particularly terrible type of torture. I have no doubt that it has caused a massive amount of both physical and mental stress based illnesses.

9 minutes ago, Whowhywhen? said:

Was a lot to him if you’ve ever seen the sky at night based at jodrel bank you’ve possibly seen my mate .he worked for Manchester university and pointed it where they wanted it pointing .he got that job off being able to set up the portable defence system

that the uk used in the 70s .he was mainly raf but was also in the army he lost most of his teeth in ulster via a bomb which we used to joke about .a very intelligent man he had his own views on flying saucers etc but he liked to be kept busy we would go out detecting and have a few pints then back

put detecting the rally’s I had with him were great fun ie 3 days camping im

a bit gutted 

2 minutes ago, Whowhywhen? said:

....aw hell, that's a job anyone would be gutted to not be doing anymore. Sounds like a real interesting guy.  I'd love to hear his views on flying saucers.  I'd love to hear them directly from him even more.

Well he told me a story once and it was when Russia was probing our borders in the Cold War he was in contact with the base and the planes .it was all probe and chase off basicly a game .to cut a long story short he was in on an intercept mission one night where the raf intercepted a dot then he heard a pilot say oh my god you won’t beleive it then he saw whatever it was accelerated away off at stupid speed  on his system .those where his views anyway at jodrel bank

he was in charge of the radio telescope and pointing it in the correct way .he was a pisser he would take you around a rather illegal visit late at night 

• spunko changed the title to As predicted my best mate is fucked

I'm imagining myself in this situation and going by what you've said about Joddrell Bank it seems that this is not someone who likes to sit around and do nothing but needs stimulation, a bit like me. So yes I would break into the hospital in a heartbeat, it will make his day to speak with someone (I don't know much about his condition, he may not be responsive, but fuck it). Plus, it's a story to tell later on.

Breaking into hospitals is piss easy anyway or so I am told, at the minute. Just walk straight in there's nobody around.

5 hours ago, 23rdian said:

Sorry to hear the shit situation. Someone I know basically forced their way into a ward. Once you are in they can't really let you go out again. Realise this might not be possible given your personal situation but food for thought for anyone who needs to do it.

Just wander around in a confident manor is the way foward

8 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Was a lot to him if you’ve ever seen the sky at night based at jodrel bank you’ve possibly seen my mate .he worked for Manchester university and pointed it where they wanted it pointing .he got that job off being able to set up the portable defence system

that the uk used in the 70s .he was mainly raf but was also in the army he lost most of his teeth in ulster via a bomb which we used to joke about .a very intelligent man he had his own views on flying saucers etc but he liked to be kept busy we would go out detecting and have a few pints then back

put detecting the rally’s I had with him were great fun ie 3 days camping im

a bit gutted 

Make sure he's remembered. 
That's the important thing. 

Tough times for his immediate family.