DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Synergistic foods

Stuey

Broccoli and tomato ketchup - "Broccoli contains several chemicals that stop the growth of breast and prostate cancer cells, and compounds in broccoli help the liver detoxify and break down cancer-causing chemicals. When you process tomatoes to make tomato sauce, the lycopenes can better be used by the body. Combine tomato sauce with broccoli and you have a dynamic nutritional duo"

Turmeric and black pepper - "Tumeric is a spice used in Thai and Indian cooking. It reduces inflammation and may help ward off certain types of cancer. Preliminary studies suggest it may reduce the risk of obesity and Alzheimer’s disease too. The problem is turmeric isn’t well absorbed by the body. The key? Eat turmeric with black pepper. According to research from the University of Michigan, piperine in black pepper combined with turmeric enhances its anti-cancer activity"

https://cathe.com/food-synergy-try-these-4-powerful-food-combinations-for-better-health/

Peanut butter sandwich - peanuts and bread don't each provide a complete protein, but do when combined.

• Informative 1

Roger_Mellie
17 hours ago, Stuey said:

Broccoli and tomato ketchup - "Broccoli contains several chemicals that stop the growth of breast and prostate cancer cells, and compounds in broccoli help the liver detoxify and break down cancer-causing chemicals. When you process tomatoes to make tomato sauce, the lycopenes can better be used by the body. Combine tomato sauce with broccoli and you have a dynamic nutritional duo"

Turmeric and black pepper - "Tumeric is a spice used in Thai and Indian cooking. It reduces inflammation and may help ward off certain types of cancer. Preliminary studies suggest it may reduce the risk of obesity and Alzheimer’s disease too. The problem is turmeric isn’t well absorbed by the body. The key? Eat turmeric with black pepper. According to research from the University of Michigan, piperine in black pepper combined with turmeric enhances its anti-cancer activity"

https://cathe.com/food-synergy-try-these-4-powerful-food-combinations-for-better-health/

Peanut butter sandwich - peanuts and bread don't each provide a complete protein, but do when combined.

The jury is out on turmeric isn't it?

Having said that I do have a jar of golden paste in the fridge, haven't had any for a while though.

Turmeric, pepper and coconut oil made into a paste. Its not as bad as it sounds. Used to have a teaspoon in a glass of kefir for breakfast. The taste reminded me of McDonald's gurkins.

Worthy mention: Budwig Diet. Basically cottage cheese and flaxseed. I have it every so often, albeit with other things.

• Informative 1

9 minutes ago, spunko said:

Worthy mention: Budwig Diet. Basically cottage cheese and flaxseed. I have it every so often, albeit with other things.

Cottage cheese + loads of artificial sweeteners + a scoop of whey tastes like cheesecake. Used to be a post-workout favourite with loads of chopped fruit - best in summer though.

12 hours ago, snaga said:

Beer & Peanuts, Cider works too.

I'm not sure that makes a complete amino acid profile :D . I'll stick to the pork scratchings with my hops...

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1