DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Public art that's not actually crap

I reckon most public art is fairly crap. There's only so many statues that you can be inspired by. However in the cultural beacon that is Glasgow we have a big thing with murals... some of them are not completely crap. I'd even go as far to say the man with the bird is actually half good.

Screenshot_20210217-190519_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210217-190532_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210217-190309_Samsung Internet.jpg

The top mural has a bit of cleavage. Always good.

3 minutes ago, JohnThePessimist said:

Apparently Republican murals always show the faces, while on Loyalist murals they always wear masks. Could @JoeDavola or @Malthus or any of our other NI posters shed light on this? Are Loyalists particularly ugly or do their mural painters struggle with noses?

Another bunch of cunts ie terrorists  but to be fair when I was in Glasgow I was never threatened with being beaten up

by northern Irish .the Ira collecting mob really did not think it through well when they would rattle there bucket in our face and say for the cause if we got rained off there could be 20

english lads and then ie afternoon we would drink min the catholic side for fun then at tea time move to the rangers side .no colours in the pub in 1990 but I will never forget the afternoon where 4 huge ira goons walked up to our table they shook a bucket in my bosses face he was about 5ft 5 he says what’s that for ( he knew full well ) and with that chief goon nealt down and said slowly a softly you can put double in little English man then Barry nutted him

and broke his nose .things went downhill after that but what we did not know was that another group of guys in there were shopfitters from

leciester and they joined in so out of maybe 60 people in the fenian side of the pub 20 were fucking English at least 15/20

just sat there thinking wtf is going on and kept out of it the rangers side of the pub see this mass brawl

erupting and want some of action ie wtf they are fighting English even though they themselves are not fans lol .the landlords trying to stop them

comeing in via the hatches and blocked the revolving doors . Was funny has fuck at the time then has plod turned up we all fled into the rangers side of the pub where we were welcomed like hero’s in spite of being English plod came round and by then we were all sat with random

scotish men and keeping quiet 

Edited by stokiescum
7 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

Apparently Republican murals always show the faces, while on Loyalist murals they always wear masks. Could @JoeDavola or @Malthus or any of our other NI posters shed light on this? Are Loyalists particularly ugly or do their mural painters struggle with noses?

@JohnThePessimist

Not something I was aware of, I avoid areas with murals and  would have them all painted over ASAP 

9 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

At a guess - I would say the Republican ones are celebrating actual people - e.g. Bobby Sands, whilst the Loyalist ones are for people representing them - e.g. the gunmen.

10 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

I know nothing about this, maybe one of the NI posters will know more about it!

I'm in awe of people that can use spraypaint to create works of art like in the OP's post. If you've ever tried to use spraypaint you know how hard it can be. Now imagine doing that possibly at night, 30ft up a ladder. I've posted on here about my appreciation for 'good' graffiti before and it fell on deaf ears but here goes one more time:

3d-graffiti-art-odeith-fb.jpg

q274n597wvw21.jpg

If you get caught doing this in the UK you'll probably get a longer stretch than if you murdered someone - no exaggeration.

cde46feddea38e5772725b68b977c0ac.jpg