DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

"Green" covid stories

ccc

It's looking more and more likely to me that this thing might be very "green" related. 

If not actually done for this reason very much taken advantage of it at least.

So thought we could have a "depository" of green related covid stories. I'm seeing them left, right and centre so just want to see how many there really are. Few to start off with. 

Jaguar all electric by 2025

Ford all electric by 2030

Gates new book on climate disaster

Saudis telling us to be green FFS 😂

Screenshot_20210215-204218~2.png

Screenshot_20210214-151133~2.png

• Agree 2
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrPin

• ccc

• eight

• Rare Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, a lot of these ideas are very muddled up. If only we could add fake racism. Previously mentioned, no significant change in CO2 during the world wide lockdown. If it had reduced, it woul

Will the others get to wear yellow stars?

And then remodel all those big empty office buildings into the wee pod type living "units" the likes of the WEF seem very keen on seeing. 

Posted Images

MrPin

Yes, a lot of these ideas are very muddled up. If only we could add fake racism.

Previously mentioned, no significant change in CO2 during the world wide lockdown.

If it had reduced, it would be front page, and full of clapping/rainbows.

Suggests to me that mankind can no more control the climate, than stop diseases spreading. Both appear to be "end of the world" cults, good for a right troughing by certain politicians.

Edited by MrPin
  • Agree 10
RWJ

Many firms have realised they can still operate with the majority of staff working from home.  No more stigma.  My work are talking about 'a new way of working' post covid.

Less traffic, fewer large offices needing powered and other green advantages I'm not clever enough to think through.

In my less cynical moments I've thought this might be one of the key drivers for lockdown.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
ccc
1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Many firms have realised they can still operate with the majority of staff working from home.  No more stigma.  My work are talking about 'a new way of working' post covid.

Less traffic, fewer large offices needing powered and other green advantages I'm not clever enough to think through.

In my less cynical moments I've thought this might be one of the key drivers for lockdown.

And then remodel all those big empty office buildings into the wee pod type living "units" the likes of the WEF seem very keen on seeing. 

• Agree 7
eight
8 minutes ago, ccc said:

I mentioned on another thread, the plebs' horizons are being severely limited. I'm sure that devolution and regionalism has been leading to this. Basically you will do nothing, and go nowhere. And be "happy" about it.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
Stuffed
1 minute ago, eight said:

Basically you will do nothing, and go nowhere. And be "happy" about it.

Sounds like the life my stalkers have already confined me to.

• Informative 1
eight
Just now, Stuffed said:

Are your stalkers the WHO and the WEF?

Chewing Grass
2 hours ago, ccc said:

It's looking more and more likely to me that this thing might be very "green" related. 

If not actually done for this reason very much taken advantage of it at least.

So thought we could have a "depository" of green related covid stories. I'm seeing them left, right and centre so just want to see how many there really are. Few to start off with. 

Jaguar all electric by 2025

Ford all electric by 2030

Gates new book on climate disaster

Saudis telling us to be green FFS 😂

Screenshot_20210215-204218~2.png

Screenshot_20210214-151133~2.png

JLR are so successful they are cutting 2000 jobs.

Quite easy to go 'all electric' if you plan to sell less cars.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/103212/jaguar-land-rover-confirms-plans-cut-2000-jobs

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
apples
10 minutes ago, Stuffed said:

Stalkers plural? :(

unregistered_guest
2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Yes, a lot of these ideas are very muddled up. If only we could add fake racism.

That's easy. Climate change has forced migrants to seek a better life in more temperate areas. Therefore it's our fault that they are more susceptible to the ravages of Covid than people with higher vitamin D levels.

• Agree 1
The Masked Tulip

The Saudis want Europe to be Green because they have plans to keep us dependent upon them. They plan to fill the desert with solar power farms and have a bloody big cable going from Saudi to Europe.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
MrPin
1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The Saudis want Europe to be Green because they have plans to keep us dependent upon them. They plan to fill the desert with solar power farms and have a bloody big cable going from Saudi to Europe.

I thought of that over 30 years ago. Loads of empty space and sand. They would be daft not to. Not sure about the cable though. Might be better to make hydrogen.

eight
8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

What if Roy Scheider makes a shark bite into it, somewhere off Cyprus?

• Lol 2
The Masked Tulip
8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I thought of that over 30 years ago. Loads of empty space and sand. They would be daft not to. Not sure about the cable though. Might be better to make hydrogen.

Yep, they actually plan a cable. One of the reasons why control of Syria and peace with Israel is vital to the Saudis going forward.

I think Gaddafi also talked about having solar farms in Libya providing power to Europe. IIRC he mentioned it long before the Saudis did.

5 minutes ago, eight said:

What if Roy Scheider makes a shark bite into it, somewhere off Cyprus?

Is that what he does now. I was hoping he was stuck at the bottom of the ocean on that sub with his terrible crew and that annoying dolphin.

• Lol 1
Stuey
20 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I'm not sure solar panels work all that well in the desert. Sand causes at least two problems - abrasion and depositation...

• Agree 1
eight
5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Is that what he does now. I was hoping he was stuck at the bottom of the ocean on that sub with his terrible crew and that annoying dolphin.

xD

It's how the shark was despatched in Jaws 2. Jaws, exploding gas bottle. 2, electric cable. 3, something to do with Simon McCorkindale, but in 3D. 4: The Revenge, nobody watched long enough to find out.

• Informative 1
ashestoashes
1 hour ago, Stuey said:

I'm not sure solar panels work all that well in the desert. Sand causes at least two problems - abrasion and depositation...

and obstruction

The Masked Tulip
1 hour ago, Stuey said:

Yes, that Martian potato guy had some sand issues.

Yadda yadda yadda
4 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Spain is closer. As are Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya. Those last two would have to run cables through southern Italy so most of it would get stolen. Turkey isn't as sunny as those but could probably get in on the act.

• Lol 1