DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Official misinformation

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's been lots of misinformation associated with Covid, from microchips to 5G. But I'm now seeing rather a lot of misinformation from 'official channels'.  Note this isn't just misleading thro

I don't think we are. The problem is that this the Coronavirus, its variants, vaccines, and effects comprise an extremely complicated set of data which is far too complex for 99.999% of the popul

Official misinformation seems to be almost blatantly run of the mill now and I don't know how to counter it. Short of court cases, there's not really a way to hold official sources to account and peop

Posted Images

Of interest is how the disinformation is accepted.

I am not going to dig out past psychological studies and so on.

What I see is that were about one year in. Yet, talk with anyone who swallows whole anything put forward by the Government or MSM you might believe this event is days old.

Of course it is not. Creating fear, moving targets and rather worryingly, a successful plan that to stop and question anything means your part of the problem not soloution, results in a grotesque groundhog day.

A situation where for many every day is the new start of the fight, everything counts and it makes for a pliable, suggestable setting for groupthink.

Whilst were in this zone, disinformation is only  going to continue and the porkies, with a mix of cognitive dissonance, gets larger.

My last bit of work this evening. Lateral testing and the jab in NHS staff. A friend mentioned to me that their NHS trust is asking managers for details of who is not doing the laterals..or who has not had a vax....then adding..the best part...it is all confidential. In fact I got home and someone else I knew had also texted me of this. Both parties saying...but it is voluntary! The last starting to doubt themselves.

The point..they listen to so much disinformation it starts to become true ...at least in the last case. The former quite resloute and told them it was voluntary. She mentioned many points here. 

Including how the relationship with her partner was illegal...or against the rules as they live separately...except for some essentials.😁

We're 12 months in and nothing makes much sense.

Regarding the long covid thing, that Stephen Nolan guy R5 had some medical sort on several times last weekend stating that 15% of all kids who catch it get long covid (including asymptomatic cases)!!! She was on for 30 minutes on 2 occasions and was like a Pitbull. She wants all kids in masks at school all day. Nolan was lapping it up

3 hours ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

Regarding the long covid thing, that Stephen Nolan guy R5 had some medical sort on several times last weekend stating that 15% of all kids who catch it get long covid (including asymptomatic cases)!!! She was on for 30 minutes on 2 occasions and was like a Pitbull. She wants all kids in masks at school all day. Nolan was lapping it up

and a proper journalist would have asked:

• where is that data from?
  • what was the sample size?
  • what was the underlying health of the 15% (i.e. if they were all mongs and leukemia patients, awful, but not scary)
6 hours ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

We're 12 months in and nothing makes much sense.

The annoying thing is there will be no great reveal, no admission of a mistake or what it was really all about. The vast majority will also not want to be reminded how foolish they were, so in the interests of the 80% it will be banished from any discussion.

3 hours ago, Stuey said:

The annoying thing is there will be no great reveal, no admission of a mistake or what it was really all about. The vast majority will also not want to be reminded how foolish they were, so in the interests of the 80% it will be banished from any discussion.

The public enquiry will reveal all.  They always do!

11 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Dissonance is why I looked for alternative information and why I am here. I cannot trust either the News or my Govt. I don't know whether we are a tiny minority or a significant number. The propaganda has been relentless, and surprisingly still strong on this post US election.

It is another sign that an over large public sector including quasi-public sector is not a good idea, and at some point the NHS will need to be depoliticised

I don't think you can depoliticise the NHS.

There's an inevitable outcome that If make the state accountable for your health outcomes then you've given them an angle into every part of your life.

As we've seen they'll lock us all in our houses to stop themselves being held accountable for a surge in geriatric deaths.

Save the NHS!

xD

Edited by SpectrumFX

Faktenfinder: Starkes Immunsystem kann Infektion nicht verhindern
19.02.2021 08:13
In der Anthroposophen-Szene wird immer wieder behauptet, dass ein gesundes Immunsystem vor einer Covid-19-Erkrankung schütze. Diese Behauptungen sind jedoch nicht belegt

"A strong immune system can not prevent infection

In the anthro whatever scene it is claimed that a healthy immune system protects you from covid. There is no proof for this claim."

Utterly bizarre. We need proof that our immune system  protects us from disease!

The ARD is the german BBC. Can't find a permanent source, it's just on the corona blog ticker, which I think disappears after 24hrs.

https://www.ard-text.de/mobil/152

2 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

"A strong immune system can not prevent infection

In the anthro whatever scene it is claimed that a healthy immune system protects you from covid. There is no proof for this claim."

Utterly bizarre. We need proof that our immune system  protects us from disease!

The ARD is the german BBC. Can't find a permanent source, it's just on the corona blog ticker, which I think disappears after 24hrs.

https://www.ard-text.de/mobil/152

And in that you've also got the clever use of / interpretation of words.

• The original text (seemed to -- it is a translation) suggest that the immune system protects you from covid.  This might be true (ie, being 'healthy' helps), but I'm not sure it has ever actually been proven, probably because it is so obvious it isn't worth investigating (it is complicated by the severe illness being caused by the immune system itself, but I don't think that's what's inferred here). 
  • But the 'truth' reply is: 'a strong immune system cannot prevent infection'.  Now, that probably is true -- you're equally likely to become infected no matter your immune system.  The consequential point, that the immune system dictates how the disease will run from the point of infection, isn't mentioned -- and IMO it is the actual outcome of the disease is what matters, not the 'point of infection'.

And no matter what exact words were originally used, I'm sure that the writer meant 'healthy immune system => not so ill', which seems to be about right.  So why complicate matters with this exacting use of language?

I'm reminded of when Trump said 'children seem to be immune to covid' (or somesuch) -- this was attacked by the media as being misinformation.  And it was misinformation, if you look at the exact words -- in reality children appear to be as likely to catch covid as adults.  But he was using language as the 'common man speaks', which would better be interpreted as 'children seem to be immune to the more serious implications of covid'.  Ie, he was 'right enough' and the wails of 'it is misinformation' was itself the 'dangerous misinformation' (in that it might make people very scared for the safety of their children, when there is in reality extraordinarily little risk to children from covid)

40 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

She claimed it was ONS data 

Okay.  Fair enough.  Obvious response then is:

• ONS data says that 20% of children have had covid in the UK, so that's about 2 million.
  • 15% of that is 300,000 -- ie, there's certainly a fair chance of having one in every (virtual) classroom in the UK.
  • Do we see evidence of 'long covid' to that extent?  
  • Or do we absolutely never see children that have been incapacitated (as suggested by the common interpretation of 'long covid') because of covid?
  • Or, perhaps, is the common interpretation of 'long covid' incorrect, and it is actually just feeling a bit fatigued for a few weeks following covid, as might be expected after any substantial viral infection?
  • [that's not to say proper 'long covid' doesn't exist -- just that it appears to be very very rare, and nowhere near as common as 15%]
Edited by dgul
Never apologise, never explain.
13 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Dissonance is why I looked for alternative information and why I am here. I cannot trust either the News or my Govt. I don't know whether we are a tiny minority or a significant number. The propaganda has been relentless, and surprisingly still strong on this post US election.

It is another sign that an over large public sector including quasi-public sector is not a good idea, and at some point the NHS will need to be depoliticised if at all possible.

I sometimes feel I'm in an echo chamber here.... Filled with intelligent people with differing opinions discussing without censorship, virtue signalling and all the other shit that is so toxic and you see everywhere IMO.

Still I think there are quite a few people questioning a bit.  I'm trying not to involve myself too much but I do wonder if there will be a time some people will wake up and realise they've been played and manipulated by the institutions they believe in BBC etc.  In a way I don't think so... Would be too much for them and they'll find another narrative to explain the anomolies away.  

Mentioned before but someone I recently found on twatter, James Melville, some Scottish journalist, seems to be experiencing the same viritrol that the US Matt Tahbli does.  I'm guessing James was a stalwart guardian type writer that said everything certain people wanted to hear.  Now being accused of going 'far right' etc etc.  Not sure what he said but he did put an apology about previously dismissing brexiteers etc (guess condescending them he meant).  Suddenly he's now turned on by the little great and good people.  

Seems to be he's just questioning the narrative, the destruction of the economy, people's lives and lockdown.  Anyway I liked his meme twat picture thing.  Some comments said it was a far right meme, I don't know why doesn't seem to be but I like the sentiment.   Seems healthy to aspire to, be genuine, not care about others opinion once it gets so deranged from reality, IMO

sketch-1613736170364.png

Another twatter thing, I noticed the prof Richard Werner back.  Have no idea what the context or whether it was for other things but he said he was banned for a month for linking to the vaccine retuers article re Norway deaths after vaccine.

Fwiw there is a bmj that @sancho panza linked to in the basement.  Haven't read through but seems to be same cases talked about and I guess Reuters source.https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149

Why they feel the need to censor any bad news I can sort of understand if all they want is vaccine uptake, but personally just makes me more suspicious of their intentions and less likely to believe everything else.

sketch-1613736505649.png

Edited by Dogtania

Heard on the radio this morning in the news about the drive to get countries to donate surplus vaccines to poor countries. 

The lady talking was saying it was so important as there are countries out there where nobody has received a single dose and the danger is that the virus is more likely to mutate (iirc she said to more dangerous strains but could be mistaken) so it's a race against time.

Since this round of vaccines don't offer full immunity etc as well as hearing differing views on vaccine not sure if this thinking is right or the consensus (I understand of course if it was a zero covid thing then yes but doesn't sound like that is even suggested as being realistic these days)

7 hours ago, Stuey said:

Not going to rub it in people's faces I don't think if this is the case.... But will forever onwards be sceptical of what I'm told and official narratives.

Also certainly won't forget (or forgive some of these bastard idiots that smugly dance on the political podium be it vested interests owned scientists or our own politicans if they continue)

10 hours ago, Stuey said:

I think it'll be worse than that as most won't realise they've been had.   They will just carry on accepting what they're being told and it'll be the next thing on the agenda which gets their attention.  I'm expecting there could be some long-term adverse effects from the vaccines especially as they've been given to all and sundry regardless of medical history.  We won't know for years though and likely will be explained away as caused by something else.