DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Operation Forth Bridge Prince Phillip

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They did the same with my dad. Years of misdiagnosis led to him losing the use of his legs in his late 60s.  An extremely simple surgical procedure would have cured him completely if any of the u

I had one of those health MOT things at the GP a few years ago. I am quite slim for my height. The massively obese nurse recorded my height as 5 inches below what I am. I had to show her how to measur

Turn up to the GPs obese with high blood pressure - "here, have some blood pressure tablets for the rest of your life, you can stay fat" Now, with Covid, we are faced with a pointless vaccine bec

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

My bet is Phil will be home for Easter.

Private clinic not NHS I believe.

A neighbour if mine was 97 when he had a fall. Nothing too much apparently wrom with him, a few cuts and bruises and shook up a bit. The official carer called an ambulance. The ambulance guys checked him over and decided that he should be checked out properly in hospital. They paid particular attention to his lungs and announced that he had a fine, healthy pair of bags.

He was brought to hospital, ended up being put on a ward and died a few days later if a lung infection.

This was in what is currently regarded as the best, well least bad, of our local hospitals.

2 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

A neighbour if mine was 97 when he had a fall. Nothing too much apparently wrom with him, a few cuts and bruises and shook up a bit. The official carer called an ambulance. The ambulance guys checked him over and decided that he should be checked out properly in hospital. They paid particular attention to his lungs and announced that he had a fine, healthy pair of bags.

He was brought to hospital, ended up being put on a ward and died a few days later if a lung infection.

This was in what is currently regarded as the best, well least bad, of our local hospitals.

Yep, NHS killed my father, well set in place the chain of events to his death.

Edited by Hopeful
35 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

They did the same with my dad. Years of misdiagnosis led to him losing the use of his legs in his late 60s. 

An extremely simple surgical procedure would have cured him completely if any of the useless fuckers that treated him had any nous whatsoever.

I doubt there is a family in the entire UK without a similar story of medical negligence from our NHS "heroes"...

XYY

I suspected that father had a UTI.

I called the Dr who failed to diagnose a UTI despite a permanent catheter, but instead considered it just backache and recommended I get an X-ray and I should call the hospital and arrange.

I called the hospital but bookings for the next day had already closed, it was 3.15pm and bookings closed at 3.00pm.

Next day I booked a walk in x-ray, although by now Father couldn't walk and certainly couldn't get into a car.

I couldn't get an ambulance to take him to hospital for X-ray as it transpired that an ambulance can only be booked a day in advance.

Hired a private ambulance and a wheelchair and got to x-ray where Father projectile vomited foul brown stuff all over wheel chair, himself and me.

X-Ray said we must leave immediately and I was sent down the corridor where we were put in a cubicle and I was given 2 paper gowns, wipes and bin bags and I was left to undress father, clean the wheel chair around him (he was now drifting in and out of consciousness) and put his and my soiled clothes in a bin bag. 

After a while, feeling abandoned, I ventured out for help and was ushered to a ward where  they diagnosed sepsis.

Father was in hospital 7 weeks and in that time was never once got out of bed despite a poster behind the bed saying "Have you mobilised your patient today?"

He never walked again and so couldn't return home and ended up in a nursing home where, over the next 6 months, they persistently, misdiagnosed (or preferred not to diagnose) developing UTIs as dementia (he didn't have dementia), despite my diagnosing UTIs each time and telling them in good time to nip them in the bud, instead they were always allowed to develop to the delirium stage before any action was taken and so, eventually, he died of sepsis from a too lately diagnosed UTI.

Edited by Hopeful
9 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

Wonder if this is going to be called into action shortly?

I'd quite like the old fucker to make it to 100.

One of the Royals has Mennai Bridge as their death plan, probably William. I think the Queen is London Bridge but it might be something else. Prince George hasn't got a bridge plan yet.

Just now, Hopeful said:

Dangerous because of a general lack of any basic-level of interest in the patients.

Yes. A former colleague headed up a big study on preventable harms in hospitals across Wales, mostly painstaking retrospective case note analysis. The results were properly shocking. A lack of interest implies lack of care. Sometimes, but more often akin to a kind of learned helplessness due to lack of resources, burnout, compassion fatigue etc. They've done the training, know how things should be done, but in practice things get missed, shortcuts taken, and things quickly escalate and compound to cause harm even when (to an observer) it was fucking obviously going to happen. Bedsores from not turning patients was shockingly common, for example. It's not rocket science. 

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

It is a million man, 100 billion pound killing machine unsurpassed in the western world if the Coronavirus mortality stats are anything to go by. I seem to remember some of the Poles who legged back home at the start the start of the coronavirus pandemic stating that one of their main reasons for leaving was not so much catching Covid but what might happen if they were sick enough to fall into the clutches of the NHS. The Kings Fund centenary report on the NHS was quite revealing as after listing all its supposed virtues of openness to all, comprehensive coverage etc it then let drop the fact that the health outcome of its patients was routinely poorer than nearly all the rest of Europe.

Edited by Virgil Caine
13 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Turn up to the GPs obese with high blood pressure - "here, have some blood pressure tablets for the rest of your life, you can stay fat"

Now, with Covid, we are faced with a pointless vaccine because politicians will otherwise take away basic rights just in order to protect the NHS.

All simply because one section of the UK population could not initially, grasp that vulnerability comes with old age, that another section cannot be confronted with or expected to take responsibility for their obesity, and yet another section either will not realise or cannot be made to accept they have the wrong skin colour for this latitude. 

UK health policy and provision needs a complete rethink

This, very much this.

Unfortunately in our society to say this is to be labelled as an Ageist, Fat Shamer or Racist.

You are quite literally a Nazi and deserve to be de-platformed immediately, baying bloodthirsty hoardes of SJWs will turn up at your door and destroy your reputation.

And this is why nobody does anything about it..

Leaders my arse. They are afraid to tell the truth.

2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

They did the same for my gran as well. if you want to live stay the fuck away from the NHS especially now, they are slapping DNR on everyone and then using them to justify end of life path ways. Its murder on a industrial scale 

58 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I'd quite like the old fucker to make it to 100.

One of the Royals has Mennai Bridge as their death plan, probably William. I think the Queen is London Bridge but it might be something else. Prince George hasn't got a bridge plan yet.

I wonder if Harry has now been reclassified as Golden Gate Bridge?