DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Post your fave bikes! ones with motors or not......

motors you need to stick to less than 300cc cos anything bigger is daft nowadays :P actually up to 313cc cos that's what a BM GS 310 has got and they're dirt cheap in India

so I found this 'adventure bike' which is only 700 US bucks which is exactly 500 quid....how cheap!!!???

35_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.50706b27e5cbcb2816cdfaa3e5810be1.jpg

https://www.poseidonbike.com/collections/adventure-bike/products/pre-order-2021-poseidon-x-interstellar-blue

crazy rear derailleur - Microshift 11-48T Advent X 10 Speed

company is based in Los Angeles not far from the airport......then it's only 1600 miles to cycle to the beach in Texas ie Gulf of Mexico......posting that for @swiss_democracy_for_allcos he likes to know what I'm thinking about today :Jumping:

edit: bums I think I should have posted this in 'hobbies and spare time' lol

Edited by nirvana

I don't know much about bikes. I have an MTB made by Scott, I bought it mainly because I like the colours (black and lime green). It's quite old now.

The cost of bikes nowadays is utterly ridiculous, another sign that people are receiving too generous tax benefits perhaps.

On Halfords website there are literally 50+ bikes that are priced at £3k or more.

41 minutes ago, spunko said:

I don't know much about bikes. I have an MTB made by Scott, I bought it mainly because I like the colours (black and lime green). It's quite old now.

The cost of bikes nowadays is utterly ridiculous, another sign that people are receiving too generous tax benefits perhaps.

On Halfords website there are literally 50+ bikes that are priced at £3k or more.

Yes, serious money! My flatmate back in the late 80s had a £1200 bicycle. Serious money then, but he did use it. To work every day.

3 hours ago, spunko said:

Yes there are some crazy prices ones but also lots for amazing value that will last you forever if looked after well.:Old:

5 hours ago, spunko said:

Currently researching E-MTBs with intent to buy. I came across a website for a bikeshop in Spain which helpfully came with English translation and prices in GBP, which were slightly over half UK prices. Guessing bikes are like motors and the UK gets gouged on price compared with most of the world just because.

14 hours ago, spunko said:

On Halfords website there are literally 50+ bikes that are priced at £3k or more

sure that's why I was surprised how cheap that Yankee bike is! Shame about the bloody import taxes, VAT etc

tax tax and more bloody tax nowadays :PissedOff:

9 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

I came across a website for a bikeshop in Spain

post the link! I'm not in UK so I might pick one up for cheap ;)

6 minutes ago, nirvana said:

sure that's why I was surprised how cheap that Yankee bike is! Shame about the bloody import taxes, VAT etc

tax tax and more bloody tax nowadays :PissedOff:

post the link! I'm not in UK so I might pick one up for cheap ;)

https://bringbikestore.com/home/187-trek-powerfly-fs-5-2019-electric-mountain-bike.html

That is the model I got to try out. The owner had recently bought it at a big discount in the UK, but still paid around a £1k more than that shop appears to be asking. 

@Caravan Monstercool cheers, that's an older model so I'd just double check potential issues with a 'Bosch Performance CX' motor from that year......I've heard a few negatives things about Bosch warranty and them being a bastard to fix but yeah that's the sort of price I'd be interested in biting at too

I'm mainly a roadie I just fancy an off roader for a bike o fun......and yeah that Trek looks v.cool in the grey colour!