DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Boris wants to put a roundabout under the Isle of Man

Boris wants a bridge too, no- a tunnel, from Northern Ireland to Scotland....

"But the idea has already fallen foul of at least one Tory MP, step forward Simon Haore MP, chair of the Commons Northern Ireland affairs select committee.

"The trains could be pulled by an inexhaustible herd of Unicorns overseen by stern, officious dodos," he tweeted.

"A PushmePullYou could be the senior guard and Puff the Magic Dragon the inspector.

"Let's concentrate on making the Protocol work and put the hallucinogenics down." "

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/boriss-burrow-tunnel-linking-scotland-and-n-ireland-backed-by-scottish-secretary-alister-jack-12217797

Leave the Isle of Man out of this! (An early April Fool?)

Unspoilt, though the bird mincers are getting nearer and the green loons are making inroads.

As to why Boris thinks linking Great Britain to the island of Ireland with anything other than ferries is a good idea - or even economically viable - is beyond me.

Edited by Alonso Quijano
5 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Unspoilt though the bird mincers are near and the green loons are making inroads.

As to why Boris thinks linking Great Britain to the island of Ireland with anything other than ferries is a good idea - or even economically viable - is beyond me.

A large catapult system like out of angry birds 2 could be the way to go

7 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Unspoilt though the bird mincers are near and the green loons are making inroads.

His version of the Hoover Dam?

The fact that the dam project created so many jobs was extremely beneficial to society because many men had lost their jobs to the great depression. Also, the promise of jobs attracted people out to the western area where the Hoover Dam is located, promoting the economic and social growth of that region.

https://sites.psu.edu/charlottekruse/2014/04/28/the-hoover-dam-and-its-importance/#:~:text=The fact that the dam,social growth of that region.

A lot of 110% miserable people on the Daily Mail dooming it already. They are so fickle. 

So there is another story about mobility scooters not having to have insurance as part of the EU directive - one of the first Brexit self governing decisions. But check out the comments - the hatred is 100%! And these are the readers that voted for Brexit.

Facepalm moment.

---

If Trump was still in there, why not even create a London To New York Tunnel ? 

^ HS2 came to mind, how about finish one vanity project before starting the next?

Anyone know what happened to the oversized "Mole" that was used to dig the channel tunnel? Last time I saw it - it was parked on the white cliffs for a while once the Chunnel was opened with a sale sign "Low mileage, 1 careful owner". 

Chunnel.jpg

1 hour ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Stimlus n GDP innit.

...... wonder how much they/he would raise from tax payers?.....

Edited by nickc
3 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

A tunnel from somewhere near Stranraer to somewhere near Belfast will be the goal once this “blue sky” bullshit is whittled down into a viable proposal.

The only slight fly in the ointment,  who on earth wants to go to Stranraer?  It’s in the arse end of nowhere :ph34r:

Is a tunnel really much better than a ferry?   I mean,  did the Euro tunnel even make sense with hindsight?  Doesn’t seem to have put the ferries out of business..

1 hour ago, 201p said:

A lot of 110% miserable people on the Daily Mail dooming it already. They are so fickle. 

So there is another story about mobility scooters not having to have insurance as part of the EU directive - one of the first Brexit self governing decisions. But check out the comments - the hatred is 100%! And these are the readers that voted for Brexit.

Facepalm moment.

---

If Trump was still in there, why not even create a London To New York Tunnel ? 

Do we go past iraland and put a junction in 

15 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

If they want to spunk this sort of cash how about the outer Bristol Channel barrage (14GW) which would also be a huge flood defense barrier for the entire severn and wash river systems. 

How about damming the Irish Sea instead? Make a bloody huge dam at the north and south ends and pump all the water out. It would create loads of land and would keep people employed for generations. 

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

The only slight fly in the ointment,  who on earth wants to go to Stranraer?  It’s in the arse end of nowhere :ph34r:

Is a tunnel really much better than a ferry?   I mean,  did the Euro tunnel even make sense with hindsight?  Doesn’t seem to have put the ferries out of business..

As “stimulus” spending goes, it’s a terrible idea, and yet still one of the better ones.

6 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

As “stimulus” spending goes, it’s a terrible idea, and yet still one of the better ones.

The project implies that there is some need for England to have improved communications with Northern Ireland, but I don't think there is.  Maybe there is a need the other way round but they can pay for it if they want it.  I don't want my tax money wasted even more.

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

The project implies that there is some need for England to have improved communications with Northern Ireland, but I don't think there is.  Maybe there is a need the other way round but they can pay for it if they want it.  I don't want my tax money wasted even more.

It’s going to get spent. Probably better a tunnel than more leaky aircraft carriers without planes.