DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

For what would you pay ten times its current price?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My subscription to this forum...

Meat. I think it should rise in price. No im not a Vegan, Veggie or Klingon. Meat should never go to waste. An animal died for the purpose of us to eat it, so to let it rot, or simply not fi

Bitcoin. Seeing as that'll be it's worth tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

None whatsoever.

My body makes it all by itself...

XYY

There is not much sun right now, so I wonder how you make it. Unless... Do you have any contact with sheep? 

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/vitaminD/vitamindjm.htm

in the case of a sheep, the oil that’s secreted is called lanolin, and is the original source of much of the vitamin D found in food additives. The fleeces from shorn sheep are greasy to the touch, due to the lanolin, and this is washed off, and the lanolin purified and chemically treated to extract the vitamin D. The clean wool then goes on to make clothes, etc. The purified vitamin D, in the form of a white powder, is more expensive weight-for-weight than gold. It is added into various foods, such as bread or breakfast cereals, as a way to ensure we get sufficient vitamin D in our diets, even in the sunless winter months

Edited by Bear Hug
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

For me it would be both tea and coffee.

I would certainly drink less, and might even try the Ernie Wise ruse of drying the teabags for second use, but would continue to buy them as they are such great drinks.

I'm sure it won't be long before we're told tea and coffee is not ecologically sound as it's transported round the world and the land used could allow the respective locals to have 10 children each instead of 5, which of course would benefit the planet enormously 9_9.  Locally grown potatoes and water for the Brits.

1 hour ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Cigarettes coffee beer wine whisky cheese steak decent boots.

Cigarettes?

I thought they were £12 a packet / 60p per fag now.

You would pay £6 to smoke a single cigarette and pay £120 for a pack of twenty?

When I packed it in, not that I smoked for long, it was about £2 - £3 per packet so 10p / 15p a fag which seemed a waste then.

39 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I'm sure it won't be long before we're told tea and coffee is not ecologically sound as it's transported round the world and the land used could allow the respective locals to have 10 children each instead of 5, which of course would benefit the planet enormously 9_9.  Locally grown potatoes and water for the Brits.

People will come along and pull down / set fire to Cutty Sark (again)?

Meat. I think it should rise in price.

No im not a Vegan, Veggie or Klingon.

Meat should never go to waste. An animal died for the purpose of us to eat it, so to let it rot, or simply not finish your plate full should be curbed by cost.

2 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Meat. I think it should rise in price.

No im not a Vegan, Veggie or Klingon.

Meat should never go to waste. An animal died for the purpose of us to eat it, so to let it rot, or simply not finish your plate full should be curbed by cost.

I think it will anyway steadily rise in price on the basis that roughly 100 calories of plant matter goes into producing 1 calorie of meat and resources are starting to become scarce which will only increase.

Some land is really only fit for grazing so there will always be a supply but food demand will IMO see land that works for either arable or grazing start increasingly going to arable owing to the much higher volume of food production. 

I would like meat to become a significant purchase for just the reason you say. 

And certainly not sold in cheap burger cafes or kebab houses. 

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Cigarettes?

I thought they were £12 a packet / 60p per fag now.

You would pay £6 to smoke a single cigarette and pay £120 for a pack of twenty?

When I packed it in, not that I smoked for long, it was about £2 - £3 per packet so 10p / 15p a fag which seemed a waste then.

I usually smoke hand rolling tobacco, packs of cigs when I used to have a social life and could go out, and I get those off the continent most of the time so when I smoke fags they are about 4 quid a pack.

2 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I usually smoke hand rolling tobacco, packs of cigs when I used to have a social life and could go out, and I get those off the continent most of the time so when I smoke fags they are about 4 quid a pack.

Gotcha.

I knew somebody who smoked two rollies a night and that was all; he would probably pay £40 for a pack of those.