DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Why does it take three weeks to move Energy Supplier?

Please someone explain to me. In my mind this is a paper exercise. One week's notice prior to moving should be ample time to switch over. Apparently not. What is this pleb missing? Does a bloody engineer have to come round and type a code into my meter or something? Would have thought that would all be done remotely now.

23mps broadband maximum

3 weeks to move gas supplier

"Market Failure" screams at me.

1 hour ago, deathfunk said:

Please someone explain to me. In my mind this is a paper exercise. One week's notice prior to moving should be ample time to switch over. Apparently not. What is this pleb missing? Does a bloody engineer have to come round and type a code into my meter or something? Would have thought that would all be done remotely now.

23mps broadband maximum

Did you manage 3 weeks or is it just a plan?

Credit where it's due Octopus did manage to switch me in 3 weeks, largely because they asked for a meter serial number when signing up. Prior move took 5 months with OVO.

12 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Did you manage 3 weeks or is it just a plan?

Credit where it's due Octopus did manage to switch me in 3 weeks, largely because they asked for a meter serial number when signing up. Prior move took 5 months with OVO.

It's apparently an Ofgem directive in order to allow a two week cooling off period for new customers. I told them I'm no market fundamentalist but this strikes me as being over interventionist. There's no reason why they couldn't move me immediately AND give me a two week cooling off period on the assumption that i would pay the two weeks.

I told them all this and the broadband. I'm pretty sure it's a general market failure rather than specific to my supplier, UW, who apparently have one of the best customer service outfits.

They even sent me a nice email gently inquiring if I was mental (vulnerable). To which I said, yes, I am some kind of autist. The world is always at fault and never me and there's never any point in discussing anything with me as I'm probably not even listening to you properly or reading your many emails. Do everything exactly as I personally think it should be done or I will go off on a massive rant.

Typical dosbods cunt, really.

5 hours ago, deathfunk said:

23mps broadband maximum

You wait until another power company erroneously takes over your supply because somebody else gave the power company the wrong address.

A whole new world of the bizarre and incredulous awaits.

5 hours ago, deathfunk said:

23mps broadband maximum

They've got to arrange for an engineer to move the wires to a new power station -- takes ages.

Just wrote one letter of complaint to Ofcom asking them in what universe 23 mbps is acceptable in 2021 and another to Ofgem asking them why I have to fuck around with a temporary account for two weeks because they demand a two week cooling off period from the people who have been providing my energy for the last five years already.

Fucking degenerates.

2 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

If you move to a green energy supplier, they have to move you on to the Green Energy Grid, which is of course entirely seperate from the National Grid.

Does someone also turn up to build you a compost toilet in the garden? :D

Edited by TheNickos