DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Body in a bag (hold-all): Spy Gareth Williams re-investigation

About time they reinvestigated this.

I don’t think this ever had its own thread. 

I couldn’t get find the thread if it did. Mind he gets a mention in many other threads: Trans madness, Q-anon, Free @The Masked Tulip, and a variety of other threads....

Probably just going through the motions.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56158160

F0515495-6188-4869-BEF8-66EC145DF2AD.jpeg

12 minutes ago, DocH said:

I remember there was a story that he was investigating some aspect of the Clinton's - can't remember what - and the next thing, he was dead.

No one has ever died in suspicious circumstances investing the clintons all accidents . I’m surprised Monica never died chocking on something mind

Was he the one who had an orange in his mouth or was that another spy?

Edit:- that was Milligan

Milligan was found dead in his house in Hammersmith, London, in February 1994, apparently self-strangled during an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Milligan

Edit 2:- this is so funny

Following Milligan's death, the producers of the BBC's satirical television programme Have I Got News For You, sent black bin bags, oranges and black stockings to journalists to publicise a new series of the show.

Edited by Chewing Grass
40 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I thinking putting a dead body into that bag, would be harder than climbing into it oneself.

But then i have to think why the fuck would any adult want to climb inside a bag.

Rigger sets in but after 24 hours they are bendy again but if this was the plan ie make it look like suffocating they will have put the cloth or leather bag in a big plastic bag ie got him to get in it .

Edited by stokiescum
1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Was he the one who had an orange in his mouth or was that another spy?

Edit:- that was Milligan

Milligan was found dead in his house in Hammersmith, London, in February 1994, apparently self-strangled during an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Milligan

Edit 2:- this is so funny

Following Milligan's death, the producers of the BBC's satirical television programme Have I Got News For You, sent black bin bags, oranges and black stockings to journalists to publicise a new series of the show.

Just after that happened with Milligan I voted for the very first time at a Parish election. As I walked in to cast my first ever vote as a citizen I passed the conservative candidate in her blue suit and rosette. I paused to hand her a cellophane bag filled with oranges, which she initially took from me as I smiled and said "for you".

Then it dawned on her. Didn't see the funny side I'm afraid.

When you search there are loads of stories on this and whilst they all seem very convincing individually they can't all be true as they don't agree.

One interesting and factual story was that a previous landlord, a couple, had heard him crying out for help in the middle of the night and found that he had tied both wrists to the bedstead and, this time, done it so tightly that he couldn't free himself.

Had he done that in his flat he would have eventually died.

And it may well be that someone who likes being restrained and does it to himself will be tempted to climb into a bag and do it up; only then finding that they were unable to get out of it.

Of course someone knowing this about him would be able to replicate this and so kill him.

There is however no need to introduce a second person to the scenario.

I would say that the reason most of us assumed it was dodgy when we heard about it is because the vast majority of people would not get a kick out of tying themselves up so wouldn't understand why somebody would choose to get into a bag and do it up. 

That is however in line with his he got his kicks.

56 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

When you search there are loads of stories on this and whilst they all seem very convincing individually they can't all be true as they don't agree.

One interesting and factual story was that a previous landlord, a couple, had heard him crying out for help in the middle of the night and found that he had tied both wrists to the bedstead and, this time, done it so tightly that he couldn't free himself.

And it may well be that someone who likes being restrained and does it to himself will be tempted to climb into a bag and do it up; only then finding that they were unable to get out of it.

Of course someone knowing this about him would be able to replicate this and so kill him.

I would say that the reason most of us assumed it was dodgy when we heard about it is because the vast majority of people would not get a kick out of tying themselves up so wouldn't understand why somebody would choose to get into a bag and do it up. 

To be honest if the manner of his death was significant then I suspect you would not be aware of it. The story  would have been constructed in such a way that it only appeared briefly in the news and then disappeared. 

Edited by Virgil Caine
5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

He could have died very rapidly once he realised he was stuck it would have been very hot a stuffy and restrained and sweaty shouting help in welsh might not have helped . Or just bung him in a bag then suffercate him in another 

18 hours ago, stokiescum said:

New evidence have they found the key on the top shelf 

Apparently they got some top-drawer special investigators in. After reviewing the case notes for several days and re-interviewing witnesses from his work and neighbours in his building, they concluded that it's possible he didn't lock himself inside the bag. 

7 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

... heard him crying out for help in the middle of the night and found that he had tied both wrists to the bedstead and, this time, done it so tightly that he couldn't free himself.

Really? I think it's just as unlikely that he tied his own wrists to the bed as it is that he locked himself inside that holdall.

Now, I'm fully prepared to accept that his death was by misadventure rather than international spy stuff, but still think it almost impossible that somebody else wasn't involved.