DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Thinking of taking myself to the vet (the eye-watering Vasectomies thread)

Right, had to give the burd the heave-ho recently (I'm long-divorced). Shame, we'd got close during Covid and were looking at semi-moving in together and then she sort of went all bonkers and controlling. I'm early fifties, as was she. So, looking at potential dates, I'm going for younger women this time (30s/40s), and of course that involves risk of pregnancy (and I truly hate condoms, and have had all the kids I want). So I'm thinking of having the snip (shame there are no alternatives for men and the authorities and big pharma seem to be blocking things like Vasalgel, which would be ideal).

I know nothing about vasectomies. There seem to be two types (scalpel or no scalpel). I'd appreciate any thoughts and recommendations, experiences, and of course any humorous or eye-watering stories. Is it best to go private for example, or NHS? TIA.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. I was done in 2003 after my 3rd kid was born. Went private, cost was about £250 quid at the time.  Went into the hospital at about 4 o'clock on a Thursday, so I could take Friday night work

Just be a gentleman - pull out, finish on her stomach and wipe your cock on the curtains. But for God sake don't try it with venetian blinds 😬😬😬😱😱😱

It does if you tell the woman, apparently. THEY find you less attractive. So - if you get the snip, pretend you're living dangerously, and you'll know any "accidental" pregnancies are not only not acc

Just now, The Idiocrat said:

Right, had to give the burd the heave-ho recently (I'm long-divorced). Shame, we'd got close during Covid and were looking at semi-moving in together and then she sort of went all bonkers and controlling. I'm early fifties, as was she. So, looking at potential dates, I'm going for younger women this time (30s/40s), and of course that involves risk of pregnancy (and I truly hate condoms, and have had all the kids I want). So I'm thinking of having the snip (shame there are no alternatives for men and the authorities and big pharma seem to be blocking things like Vasalgel, which would be ideal).

I know nothing about vasectomies. There seem to be two types (scalpel or no scalpel). I'd appreciate any thoughts and recommendations, experiences, and of course any humorous or eye-watering stories. Is it best to go private for example, or NHS? TIA.

Having a vasectomy is for poofs...!!!

Real men have their knackers hacked off with a machete...

XYY

8 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Could you just stick to the tradesmens’?

@stokiescum

10 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Seriously though, since I do not and never have had any faith in the NHS (also at the time it was scalpel) I paid for my nads to be lasered at a Marie Stopes.

1 minute ago, Popuplights said:

Yep. I was done in 2003 after my 3rd kid was born. Went private, cost was about £250 quid at the time. 

Went into the hospital at about 4 o'clock on a Thursday, so I could take Friday night work to recover.

I laid on the bed, and a nurse took a dry BIC  razor to my nuts to trim the fuzz.. 

The surgeon then injected my sack with a local anaesthetic, and went in with a scalpel , once on each side. They cut a small hole, and pull the tubes out to cut a piece and tie the ends. I remember it was a bit sore, and I made some noise. The bloke offered some more anaesthetic, but I told him just fucking hurry up! 

Whole thing took about 15 minutes. I walked out and was buying the kids a happy meal in McDs 20 minutes later. 

It was a bit bruised the next day, bit I still cracked one off, just to test it was still fully functional....

No after affects at all, and bare back riding ever since.

Go for it.

( This is not medical advice)

Thanks mate. That's the sort of story I need to hear to help me go for it. Male or female nurse?!

12 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Just be a gentleman - pull out, finish on her stomach and wipe your cock on the curtains. But for God sake don't try it with venetian blinds 😬😬😬😱😱😱

7 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Yep. I was done in 2003 after my 3rd kid was born. Went private, cost was about £250 quid at the time. 

Went into the hospital at about 4 o'clock on a Thursday, so I could take Friday night work to recover.

I laid on the bed, and a nurse took a dry BIC  razor to my nuts to trim the fuzz.. 

The surgeon then injected my sack with a local anaesthetic, and went in with a scalpel , once on each side. They cut a small hole, and pull the tubes out to cut a piece and tie the ends. I remember it was a bit sore, and I made some noise. The bloke offered some more anaesthetic, but I told him just fucking hurry up! 

Whole thing took about 15 minutes. I walked out and was buying the kids a happy meal in McDs 20 minutes later. 

It was a bit bruised the next day, bit I still cracked one off, just to test it was still fully functional....

Go for it.

Were you first in the q for a Covid jab by any chance

9 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Go for it.

Those bic blades are awful. And you kept your balls!

DH had it done under a GA (about 25 yrs ago) while getting a small hernia fixed.  (Two birds with one stone.)

In the Netherlands - private. (As he was just passing thru - no other option.)

As Pop up says, bit sore afterwards but then fine & no probs.

Bit annoyed to hear some of his male colleagues were not encouraging when they heard about his plan. Saying "what if you get divorced?" He said "got 3 kids, that's enough". 

The next level of challenge was " what if they die?" WTF?

Some men are also complete pansies re a minor op on their genitals. My DH has seen me give birth 3 times and (quite rightly) thought it was nothing compared to that! 

I hope for my boys (both single, in their 30s) that a reliable male contraceptive pill or jab will happen soon. Too many men getting tricked into fatherhood IMO! Then both parties will need to be onboard re pregnancy? (Better I think.)

36 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Good idea. Any after-effects. Heard some scare stories. Ongoing pain?

Happy to answer any questions. No after effects, bit of a bruise. Little bit of pain during op. No ongoing pain. Had to send in 2 samples to be clear. Best thing I ever did. Laser supposed to be more reliable.

13 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

I thought that was already possible with Soya milk in your latte washed down with Diet Coke.

14 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

"Dr Christina Wang, an investigator at The Lundquist Institute for Biomedical Innovation, is leading the gel trial in the U.S."

Beautiful !!!!!  Dr Christ-in-a-Wang !!!!:Jumping: