DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

National Grid - Yay or Nay

No One

Hello gents, I'm looking to put 1k in my ISA and I'm thinking National Grid looks cheap, 2013 prices.

Should I buy this one or does anyone know a better option for energy providers in the UK?

Isn't national grid investing in EV stations?

• Informative 1

longtomsilver

It's given exMrsLTS a reliable income stream from dividends but no capital gains (in fact down 5%) so may present an opportunity but can't see much upside on £1k (maybe 25%).

20210225_172920.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, No One said:

Hello gents, I'm looking to put 1k in my ISA and I'm thinking National Grid looks cheap, 2013 prices.

Should I buy this one or does anyone know a better option for energy providers in the UK?

Isn't national grid investing in EV stations?

35 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

It's given exMrsLTS a reliable income stream from dividends but no capital gains (in fact down 5%) so may present an opportunity but can't see much upside on £1k (maybe 25%).

20210225_172920.jpg

That might fit the bill for me and be another type of ‘reflation’ paying dividend stock I am after.

Anyone else like to put me off? 

Potential 6% yearly dividend. Might be able to keep pace with inflation. 

I might have a little sniff next week and cost average in over next 3 months.

7D519E35-1CB8-4A63-9F8E-9938556F1D94.thumb.jpeg.662739a2a1ee7b8783c1634f8298f252.jpeg

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, No One said:

I mean, I see the graph over the whole length/history ot National Grid, and it seems cheap.

Yep. Currently 827p

739p LOW (March 2018)

1103p HIGH (late 2016)

Whats its capital growth and debt like?

Profit has fallen a little last 2 years £2bn average 

Market Cap £30bn

Thats x15 profit  - but I suppose as it’s so dependable and low(er) risk maybe that ‘relatively’ high market cap is understandable.?

• Cheers 1

longtomsilver

I manage LTSmummyslifesavings and moved 100% into cash after the first covid rebound and have slowly reinvested 35% while the majority is still earning a lofty 0.7% I'll buy 500 NG. shares tomorrow. She was previously invested here and this will hopefully mean the capital will have a chance of keeping up with inflation.