• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
BBH

Tattoos

Isn't it about time they went out of fashion?

It seems to be a mandatory fashion statement for the self respecting chav. 

But it's not just restricted to the mentally challenged. What's going on? 

PS Anyone got one? 

I know very few people who I would describe as middle class with tattoos other than some women with a token very small one of a flower or a bird.

They seem to be par for the course for working class people though. I don't mean chavs; proper respectable tradespeople.

The odd middle class person with substantial tattoos looks a bit tragic, like a member of the royal family wearing a Sex Pistols t shirt.

I think we must be nearing peak tattoo. In fact, peak body modification

Soon possessing a 'natural' body will be a USP in its own right. So the fashion will become no piercings (other than ear lobe), no tattoos, no split tongues, etc

I have always  found it odd that people born with unique distinguishing mark often opt to have them removed (or covered by a tattoo), while people born without distinguishing marks, perhaps to the envy of the former group, like to add them. That is different to tattoos that identify you as part of a group other than 'chav', for example, the regimental tattoo, or drug cartel tattoo, or Maori tattoo etc, which I can rationalise.

BTW do Chinese people tattoo our alphabet randomly upon themselves ?

Edited by Hopeful

56 minutes ago, MrPin said:

A surprising number of people have tattoos. They are not necessarily chavs.

I don't need one as I am distinctive anyway.

elderly Jews for example

oh and ex SS members - now that was a tattoo to regret having done

Edited by davidg

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I regret to report that I have watched a member of this forum having their nipple pierced.

I suppose it's a handy place to hang your security badge when you turn up at the office naked.

Nearly had one when I was in my late teens - was going to do my date of birth in the Mayan calendar. However, I was informed that there's doubt about what the correct starting date should be, and I didn't want to have a tattoo of the wrong date.

I've just turned 50, today in fact, and I have been considering getting one, even though I don't like them these days, just to annoy Mrs blobloblob.

The only tattoo I would consider having now would have to include an error that virtually no-one could spot. This is why I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about spelling and grammatical errors in Latin. I've seen so many obvious spelling mistakes in others' tattoos and I quite fancy taking the piss.

Edit: this thread - 

Edited by blobloblob

Happy Birthday @blobloblob!

I tend to stereotype those who sport tattoos as either chavs or more likely workshy SJW (my tattoo shows I'm more 'individual' than other....individuals) types. 

I've never seen a tattoo on a woman that I thought made her look better than she would without it. I remember seeing a brunette, early 20's, absolute physical perfection, in a cafe a few years back and when she took her coat off she had a 'sleeve' tatoo i.e. her entire arm, all the way round and the entire length of it, was covered. It was like someone covering a beautiful painting with graffiti. 

It seems a massive percentage of under 25's have them, be interesting to see if they go out of fashion with the next generation.

Edited by JoeDavola

20 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

@blobloblob

It seems a massive percentage of under 25's have them, be interesting to see if they go out of fashion with the next generation.

I haven't seen her this year but a chav burd at the pool has fancy stocking tops tattoed on. Guess it saves wearing tights.

12 minutes ago, davidg said:

I haven't seen her this year but a chav burd at the pool has fancy stocking tops tattoed on. Guess it saves wearing tights.

She sounds hot. :ph34r:

I think they look shit. I'm unintentionally snobbish about them. If I see someone with a tattoo all down their arm or neck or whatever, I don't really want to speak to them. I know that sounds a bit crass. I'm not sure my younger self would approve. :Old:

I've got a couple.

In my defense they were done before it started to get silly and they are not visible.  I'd probably not get them given my time again but they're not a patch on some of the full body doodles I've seen knocking about.

I'm really not a fan of that 'sleeve' stuff, they look like someone has spilt a coffee on a copy of the beano.