DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Coronavirus act prosecutions

dgul

22 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

they want the plebs back to normality, but can't go against the scientists, so this is a way to get everyone unlocked

I did wonder along those lines -- ie, we have to be seen to be doing something, but the proles will revolt if we actually do it.

• Agree 1

For the avoidance of ambiguity,   lots of people have been successfully prosecuted..  but (as I understand it) everyone who did appeal (about 10%) had their charges/convictions dropped:

Overall, 2,106 defendants were prosecuted for 6,469 coronavirus-related offences, with a conviction rate of 90%, according to the CPS.

The data includes the number of wrongful prosecutions, the CPS added, saying 286 had been 'withdrawn or set aside' as of October.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9171647/A-QUARTER-COVID-prosecutions-withdrawn-police-misused-rules.html

• Informative 2

2 hours ago, Libspero said:

For the avoidance of ambiguity,   lots of people have been successfully prosecuted..  but (as I understand it) everyone who did appeal (about 10%) had their charges/convictions dropped:

That's what I didn't get.

I think there might be two or three coronavirus laws, and it is the Coronavirus act laws that aren't being successfully prosecuted for some reason.

Just now, dgul said:

That's what I didn't get.

I think there might be two or three coronavirus laws, and it is the Coronavirus act laws that aren't being successfully prosecuted for some reason.

It’s massively confusing..  which is why I think all the ones that are being challenged are thrown out (some small hope for the justice system yet).

As far as I can tell,  the moral of the story is..  if you get prosecuted,  fight it.  There’s a very high chance it will just be thrown out.  Which is good.  Because the laws are stupid, unnecessary and draconian.  IMHO of course.

• Agree 10

Mirror Mirror
18 hours ago, dgul said:

[Not that I disapprove -- it isn't a necessary law.  If the law doesn't work it should be repealed, otherwise you end up with using the law to frighten the population  - the worst possible outcome.  IMO laws should be a last resort, and it wasn't at all clear at the time it came into force that it was necessary, let alone now when we know about the disease's risks]

I think that’s the point.

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

It’s massively confusing..  which is why I think all the ones that are being challenged are thrown out (some small hope for the justice system yet).

As far as I can tell,  the moral of the story is..  if you get prosecuted,  fight it.  There’s a very high chance it will just be thrown out.  Which is good.  Because the laws are stupid, unnecessary and draconian.  IMHO of course.

I am resolved that should the bastards give me a FPN then not only will I fight that through the courts, I will also start the official police complaints process. Would prefer that to be against the chief constable since he's given the orders for beat plod to hassle the populace. Would have to find at least a plausible grounds within the specification of that process.

Of course I'd rather not and am aware I would possibly be hassled for some time afterwards by the chilishly vindictive cunts. That was ever so.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Austin Allegro

What's interesting is how this is not really being reported in the MSM.

Do a search for 'BBC Covid prosecutions dropped' and nothing comes up. Some stuff in the Daily Mail and some regionals but that's it.

It's clear that the MSM has been almost totally complicit with the government narrative throughout all this.

• Agree 8

Whowhywhen?

I just walk out of any room screening MSM now - esp BBC.  I just say "sorry, I find this offensive" and leave.

8/10 someone will follow me out of some sort of concern.  Then I have 1 open ear to conversion and / or the opportunity to do something more interesting!

Edited by Whowhywhen?
  • Agree 3

On 28/02/2021 at 09:59, Carl Fimble said:

Is that Piers Corbyn and those who organised parties and got hit with a ten grand fine ok then?

Piers received a fixed penalty notice... of ten grand and it was under a different piece of legislation. Skip the first 2 paragraphs here and it clarifies everything: 

https://barristerblogger.com/2020/09/02/piers-corbyn-may-be-a-crank-but-his-treatment-should-worry-us-all/?fdx_switcher=true

• Informative 4

15 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

What's interesting is how this is not really being reported in the MSM.

Do a search for 'BBC Covid prosecutions dropped' and nothing comes up. Some stuff in the Daily Mail and some regionals but that's it.

It's clear that the MSM has been almost totally complicit with the government narrative throughout all this.

The BBC have always toed the government line. I don't see why they'd suddenly change when the government renews their charter and decides their future. They can't risk pissing off the government, such is the drawback of a publicly funded broadcaster.

The rest of the MSM have been pretty shambolic.

Speaking of your toe, you should try dipping your toe back into the MSM bubble. It's quite strange. I tried watching Have I Got News For You the other day and it was embarrassingly terrible. I can't bring myself to watch BBC News 24 just yet.

Edited by spunko
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, spunko said:

The BBC have always toed the government line. I don't see why they'd suddenly change when the government renews their charter and decides their future. They can't risk pissing off the government, such is the drawback of a publicly funded broadcaster.

The rest of the MSM have been pretty shambolic.

Speaking of your toe, you should try dipping your toe back into the MSM bubble. It's quite strange. I tried watching Have I Got News For You the other day and it was embarrassingly terrible. I can't bring myself to watch BBC News 24 just yet.

I can put up with "Dan and Louise" on BBC breakfast for 15 minutes or so. Naga gets turned off immediately, plus Charlie and the other bearded one.

It's bizarre how every boomer seems to need to watch BBC in the morning, at 1 o'clock and 6 o'clock. :(

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Stuey said:

It's bizarre how every boomer seems to need to watch BBC in the morning, at 1 o'clock and 6 o'clock.

Don't forget 10 o'clock!

Then my Mum wonders why she can't sleep.

• Lol 2

Chewing Grass
7 minutes ago, Stuey said:

It's bizarre how every boomer seems to need to watch BBC in the morning, at 1 o'clock and 6 o'clock. :(

Most elderly people just leave it on as background, the mother in-law has dementia and the Mrs was stunned that she was watching 'the clangers' when she went round, probably no different to watching the BBC, its just on, doesn't mean anything in reality.

Austin Allegro
4 hours ago, spunko said:

The BBC have always toed the government line.

Usually, but not always. The Iraq war was one of the exceptions, also the BBC seemed pretty anti-Thatcher and anti- Falklands War back in the day. IIRC the BBC was taken to task during the Iraq war for giving away locations of British troops in the field.

I think Sopel's attitude to Trump probably summarises what the BBC's attitude would be to a genuinely conservative PM in this country, if we ever get one.

Edited by Austin Allegro

One percent

Just seen a post on farcebook. Apparently, hairdressers are offering a click and collect. They mix the hair dye and you collect and put it on yourself. 

anyhow, plod called round to this particular hairdresser and threatened her with a 10k fine.  She argued it and he went away to carry out further investigations. 9_9

he returned and said that she wasn’t breaking any rules 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, One percent said:

Just seen a post on farcebook. Apparently, hairdressers are offering a click and collect. They mix the hair dye and you collect and put it on yourself. 

anyhow, plod called round to this particular hairdresser and threatened her with a 10k fine.  She argued it and he went away to carry out further investigations. 9_9

he returned and said that she wasn’t breaking any rules 

It's you again, isn't it?

• Lol 1

stop_the_craziness
9 hours ago, One percent said:

I have spent my whole life being baffled why people pay a hairdresser ten times the price of a box of hair dye to put it on for them.  It's not splitting the fucking atom, it's putting a bit of goop on your head.

This is reason number 652 why I am ostracised by my own sex on a regular basis.

• Lol 4