DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Texas Leading The First World In Common Sense

Libspero

Libspero

Texas will lift its mask mandate and allow businesses to reopen at full capacity next week, Governor Greg Abbott has announced.

"It is now time to open Texas 100%," the Republican said on Tuesday.

• Agree 3

Whowhywhen?

And.. that settles the thread on what the next variant will be called...

The Texas Covid Massacre

Hopefully they will use their weird right to independence once the western world turns on them. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 6
  • Cheers 2

I would have guessed the USA would relax rules first. There must be some balance between "saving" all these 95 year olds, and financial ruin.

3 hours ago, Whowhywhen? said:

And.. that settles the thread on what the next variant will be called...

The Texas Covid Massacre

Hopefully they will use their weird right to independence once the western world turns on them. 

Brilliant 

30 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Florida has been pretty much free of all restrictions for months.

Yes,  Florida has.  Contrast that with the death rate in masked up new York. 

• Agree 2

JoeDavola
39 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Florida has been pretty much free of all restrictions for months.

Yup my American friends went to Disney world a couple months ago, but just didn’t tell people on Facebook to avoid a covid hysteria backlash. 

They can go to Disney World but I can’t go for a coffee.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 7
  • Informative 1

JohnnyB

BBC salty about this already. Strange how they don't insert lines about economic destruction and deaths caused by lockdown when talking about increasing restrictions.

Anyway, if I was in charge of Texas I would be shouting to the world "hey, if you're a brilliant inventor/entrepreneur etc., and you actually want to meet up with another person ever again, come to Texas!" There's a real risk of a brain drain but also freedom lovers drain from the more statist states and other countries.

• Agree 4

Wight Flight

They have kept a caveat that if hospitals start to get overwhelmed they can reintroduce some measures.

This is the sensible way to go about it.

P.S. Iowa is free as well, and I guess Vegas is as lad is off there in a couple of weeks.

• Informative 2

JoeDavola

The difference is that the usa wants to open up and I’m convinced a huge percentage of the UK aren’t that bothered either way or in some cases don’t want to open up until the furlough is stopped.

• Agree 5

13 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

You can go to Clown World.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

Austin Allegro
6 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Yup my American friends went to Disney world a couple months ago, but just didn’t tell people on Facebook to avoid a covid hysteria backlash. 

It's like in WW2 when the USA had some token rationing, of stuff like spare tyres for cars rather than working tyres, and some token Civil Defence stuff like the 'grey-out' (partial blackout) in New York, but basically they just had life as normal.

What will be interesting is how long Brits will put up with restrictions when the USA doesn't have any. If WW2 is anything to go by they will grumble a bit but put up with it for about 15 years.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

Chewing Grass

They don't seem to wear masks in Utah except for counter staff, seen a few videos of people out and about on the tube and masks are a very rare sight.

Bus Stop Boxer
9 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

The difference is that the usa wants to open up and I’m convinced a huge percentage of the UK aren’t that bothered either way or in some cases don’t want to open up until the furlough is stopped.

Nasty, piggy eyed, small minded fucks.

JoeDavola
7 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

If they loosened things up a bit in terms of entry palaver, id be packing to go.

No question.

I no longer recognise the UK as the country i grew up in.

Its fucked.

As a single childless male I just don't feel like I have any skin in the game as such when it comes to the UK.

All I see is free money given to others and the price that I will have to pay for shelter getting higher and higher relative to wages every month.

At least when your in a couple you can earn 24K tax free between you and split the cost of shelter, single person can't even do that.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 7

the gardener
1 hour ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

If they loosened things up a bit in terms of entry palaver, id be packing to go.

No question.

I no longer recognise the UK as the country i grew up in.

Its fucked.

Me too. I want to live in a place where I can own guns. Big fucking guns. 

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

JohnnyB
4 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

It's like in WW2 when the USA had some token rationing, of stuff like spare tyres for cars rather than working tyres, and some token Civil Defence stuff like the 'grey-out' (partial blackout) in New York, but basically they just had life as normal.

What will be interesting is how long Brits will put up with restrictions when the USA doesn't have any. If WW2 is anything to go by they will grumble a bit but put up with it for about 15 years.

The media here have been hugely complicit in only reporting about other European countries with similar restrictions, or Aus/NZ but in the context of how well lockdowns have worked in eliminating the virus.

• Agree 3

King Penda
9 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Yanks were never in danger of being invaded and only joined in when they realised the British were actually serious about going it alone in Europe . No doubt they realised that after the Battle of Britain where even South Africa had more pilots helping us . They didn’t get bombed or strafed or anything The first time the yanks realised they could be attacked by anyone on home turf it was by a group they created and the guys doing it were there best muslim

mates the Saudis and it involved some badly parked planes 

Edited by stokiescum

Dogtania

With regard to all this 'contraversial' medicine that is seems to anything between a covid cure all to the devil incarnate depending who you ask, I wonder what the status of individual states has with regard to being able to allow treatment.  Ie federally mandated etc.

If some of these supposed wonder drugs to help in treatment, one would think Texas whilst opening up and going against the grain may allow wider more open treatment, maybe at the discretion of the individual physician.  Since the other approach hasn't exactly worked great i would think it's worth considering.

22 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

If it was made of metal, it wasn't for sale to the public. I forget the exact number but during their involvement in WW2, the USA made less than 400 cars. 

Farmers could get their welding/cutting gas tanks refilled but couldn't buy drill bits. Many of them would cut out bits of scrap machinery that were already drilled. When needing a hole, they would cut out some metal and weld in a piece that had the correct size hole.

Austin Allegro
29 minutes ago, jm51 said:

If it was made of metal, it wasn't for sale to the public. I forget the exact number but during their involvement in WW2, the USA made less than 400 cars. 

Farmers could get their welding/cutting gas tanks refilled but couldn't buy drill bits. Many of them would cut out bits of scrap machinery that were already drilled. When needing a hole, they would cut out some metal and weld in a piece that had the correct size hole.

Thanks, wasn't aware of that, I knew some items were rationed but assumed cars etc were produced as normal.

The Texas decision is massive, IMO. It's as good a piece of news as the recent ruling by the High Court on the right to remain silent, and the Police Federation's announcement that it can no longer police lockdowns.

Normies won't notice, but those with eyes to see will see.

Of course, the MSM/establishment won't like it. Some lib judge in the USA has already tweeted that 'Texas just signed its death warrant'.

Edited by Austin Allegro