DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Astra Zeneca?

Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror

I’ve got a small holding in AZN, currently under water to the tune of about a grand. 

Should I cut it loose, or has the stream of bad news about its covid vaccine almost come to an end, and might it be due for a rebound?

Don’t  need the cash and can wait a few years for a reversal if needs be, as king as it’s not going to go sub 50p and stay there. 

Calcutta

Looks like it went nuts when the vaccine came out and now it's going back to where it should be. Can't see it going bust people will still want their drugs. 

• Cheers 1

Vendetta
On 03/03/2021 at 09:34, Mirror Mirror said:

I’ve got a small holding in AZN, currently under water to the tune of about a grand. 

Should I cut it loose, or has the stream of bad news about its covid vaccine almost come to an end, and might it be due for a rebound?

Don’t  need the cash and can wait a few years for a reversal if needs be, as king as it’s not going to go sub 50p and stay there. 

When did you take a stake in it? What price was It at? 

Mirror Mirror
2 hours ago, Vendetta said:

When did you take a stake in it? What price was It at? 

About a year ago. £85.00

Vendetta
2 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

About a year ago. £85.00

May 2020: 6 weeks after Covid started. Peak Big Pharm Euphoria

£90bn company. Making £4bn a year.

Overvalued. Cut your losses at 20%.

• Cheers 1

Mirror Mirror
2 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

May 2020: 6 weeks after Covid started. Peak Big Pharm Euphoria

£90bn company. Making £4bn a year.

Overvalued. Cut your losses at 20%.

Thanks, thats about what I reckon. I actually sold half yesterday at £69.something. The rest Ill keep on ice, if they drop another 10% Ill bin them too.

Vendetta
1 minute ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Thanks, thats about what I reckon. I actually sold half yesterday at £69.something. The rest Ill keep on ice, if they drop another 10% Ill bin them too.

I bought Glaxo a few weeks ago at 1367p then 1283p. 

1224p today. 

Down 10% from first tranche. I cost averaged in. I might see sub 1100p soon. 

• Informative 1

Mirror Mirror
21 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I bought Glaxo a few weeks ago at 1367p then 1283p. 

1224p today. 

Down 10% from first tranche. I cost averaged in. I might see sub 1100p soon. 

My AZN buy was as a result of a supposed tip from someone who reckoned they knew the covid vaccine would be a success before it was announced as such. And shortly before I became aware that the whole covid thing was a scam.

Should never have touched it with a barge pole 😂

• Agree 1

Vendetta
8 hours ago, Mirror Mirror said:

My AZN buy was as a result of a supposed tip from someone who reckoned they knew the covid vaccine would be a success before it was announced as such. And shortly before I became aware that the whole covid thing was a scam.

Should never have touched it with a barge pole 😂

“Buy the rumour sell the news”

Lots of shares have topped out now on especially in the health care market. I only bought Glaxo from a ‘value’ point of view as it had fallen 30% from its ATH.

Here’s an interesting ETF for the future (after a crash)  - risk is spread.

C5BA9069-4D3A-4A58-B4E3-B66C6AF1779E.jpeg

E6E0FCA3-6209-4980-9660-415CFD9FE9E4.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, Vendetta said:

“Buy the rumour sell the news”

Lots of shares have topped out now on especially in the health care market. I only bought Glaxo from a ‘value’ point of view as it had fallen 30% from its ATH.

Here’s an interesting ETF for the future (after a crash)  - risk is spread.

C5BA9069-4D3A-4A58-B4E3-B66C6AF1779E.jpeg

E6E0FCA3-6209-4980-9660-415CFD9FE9E4.jpeg

Too much insurance. Are oldies expected to spend 27.37% of their income on insurance? Interesting idea though.

I like the idea of 'non-life insurance'. "Sir, you're now too old to live a full and happy life. We note particularly that you can no longer walk unaided and that you go to bed before the pubs have got lively. Perhaps more importantly we are aware that your cock no longer adequately functions for either purpose. Therefore you can claim on your non-life insurance.  Here is £50,000. Although, we're fucked if we know what you're going to do with it."