DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Music streaming, where?

Funn3r

I have not really ventured into this forum so apologies if I am asking a FAQ.

Who do I sign up with for music streaming? Preferably lossless but accept can't always have that.

Spotify are horrible woke degenerates.

Google are not much better plus their transition from Play Music to Youtube Music is a disaster.

Amazon HD , well I am trying to limit Amazon.

Tidal are alright but very dear.

Qobuzz and Deezer, well no idea at all.

Tidal is probably the one to go for. It used to be twenty quid a month. It's just a guess but I reckon that might be why it's not so popular.

Warlord Velmoth
22 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I have not really ventured into this forum so apologies if I am asking a FAQ.

Who do I sign up with for music streaming? Preferably lossless but accept can't always have that.

Spotify are horrible woke degenerates.

Google are not much better plus their transition from Play Music to Youtube Music is a disaster.

Amazon HD , well I am trying to limit Amazon.

Tidal are alright but very dear.

Qobuzz and Deezer, well no idea at all.

Go to YouTube, browse for music you like, copy the URL, then use a free video to MP3 converter and downloader.

• Agree 1

If you like the music, just buy the record. Then you are not reliant on a streaming service which might go bust.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Andersen said:

Some good links and streaming without needing to sign up  https://www.dosbods.co.uk/topic/16293-website-of-the-day/?tab=comments#comment-1042895

Also plenty of choice on Y-Tube :x

Nice video. Sent link to my motorbikey son.

I already have a leechy share in YT Music but it's awful since they migrated from Google Play Music, a usability disaster area. Hence looking for a new one.

Did try Tidal and I like it but not paying 20 quid/month,

Think I will go for Yandex Music - free, or 2.50 dollars/month if you want "premium sound" whatever that is.  

11 hours ago, MrPin said:

If you like the music, just buy the record. Then you are not reliant on a streaming service which might go bust.

At one time I was thinking of Pono streaming service, but they went bust. 

I don't mind buying perennial favourites but problem is I already have. Streaming is good for letting you find new stuff. 

8 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Real men prefer the silver tongue of talented old geezers...

Could give you a try I suppose if you're that bothered. Give you mates rates. You'll have to brush your teeth first. 

• Lol 1

Dogtania

youtube I find is much better quality for music...I think the audio is higher bitrate or something(?).  Obviously varies but some old stuff sounds good to me.  And much more choice than spot.

Slsk believe it or not is still around...a p2p music site, non-profit I think still.

Yandex - is that not the Russian search engine

nirvana

try soundcloud, just tried How soon is now by The Smiths - 'Bitrate: 320kbps VBR' and I haven't got an account....

BUT the setup is slightly complicated lol

hardware: multiple raspberry pis + DACs, USB sticks for music storage (when downloaded from pirate bay)

software: picoreplayer, LMS with material skin (makes a good web control interface) soundcloud, iplayer plugins......